+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Father's Son

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Father's Son

Quote Originally Posted by ihauntforlust View Post
    alright

lol

Blood is a curse.
    His is your's,
    and it's course

I know only two but...lol...I love correcting work.
    Thanks for looking out, but both of those are correct as I wrote them. "It's" is a contraction, meaning "it is" or "it has", while "its" signifies a possessive, which is the way I used it--"its course". "Your's" is not actually a word with the apostrophe, as there would never be a need to say "your is". From Dictionary.com, "yours" is "a form of the possessive case of you used as a predicate adjective", i.e., when the object of possession is already mentioned or understood--"Blood is life, his is yours" (meaning "his blood is your blood").

Thanks again though, I do appreciate all constructive criticism and corrections.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku ING Cricket Champion, Chickenboy Chucky Champion, Dancer duck Champion, Jake,s Fire Power Champion, Bomber Bob Champion, Road Hogs Champion, Van Champion, Hacker Champion, Gorillaz Tiles Champion, Clicken Gold Champion, Galleon Champion, QBeez Champion ihauntforlust is off to a good start
    Thanks

Smile Re: The Father's Son

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Thanks for looking out, but both of those are correct as I wrote them. "It's" is a contraction, meaning "it is" or "it has", while "its" signifies a possessive, which is the way I used it--"its course". "Your's" is not actually a word with the apostrophe, as there would never be a need to say "your is". From Dictionary.com, "yours" is "a form of the possessive case of you used as a predicate adjective", i.e., when the object of possession is already mentioned or understood--"Blood is life, his is yours" (meaning "his blood is your blood").

Thanks again though, I do appreciate all constructive criticism and corrections.

Oh,

Ok My bad, But thanks for letting me know as well

I'll remember that too

-Zainab

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Father's Son

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    The Father's Son

Love is yours.
    He denied you,
    but she gives
    all of herself to you
    and wants nothing more than
    your smile.
    This part made me cry. It made the mother in me feel stronger. Thank you. It gave me hope that my children will one day understand.
    ... Not Ever Again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2