Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Final Warning for Poetry Forum

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Final Warning for Poetry Forum

Wow White wolf.... That was almost MODly of you.

I admit I have been lazy in some of my posts here, Just giving quick feedback. I will try to imporove.

However, Im sad about the request fo only 2 poems at a time. I dunno... Poetry is one of my few luxerys in life. I know this is an anime forum, but Its nice to have people with common interests take notice to your creations.

As for bashing poems... It is hard not to respond to a poem where YOU are being bashed... without doing your own creative come back bash. Im sure its known that I am very much guilty of bashing\ and being bashed. Its hard... Because this site is the only way that Im heard by people.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post

I admit I have been lazy in some of my posts here, Just giving quick feedback. I will try to imporove.

However, Im sad about the request fo only 2 poems at a time. I dunno... Poetry is one of my few luxerys in life. I know this is an anime forum, but Its nice to have people with common interests take notice to your creations.

As for bashing poems... It is hard not to respond to a poem where YOU are being bashed... without doing your own creative come back bash. Im sure its known that I am very much guilty of bashing\ and being bashed. Its hard... Because this site is the only way that Im heard by people.
    with regards to your concern, have in the past have people just post poems to help increase their post count and wasn't really concerned about the quality of the poem at the time. Its only to help improve the quality of your work and focus on different aspects of your works also. We don't want you to think we are trying to cut the section but just help improve the use of this section.

Gren and myself would never let this section die but at the same time we don't want this section to be abused.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Lol, Peach. I guess it's just one of those things.. y'know? Really pushed my buttons..

True, True. But I honestly don't mind the suggestion - I swear, I thought it was a rule.
    You see, there are members here whom all they do is post post post away in the poetry section, and sadly I feel it is only because they have nothing better to do and so they type up something just to hear the "click" of the buttons that they push. It gets annoying when you click "New Posts" and all you see is ABC down the column, creating poetry threads like crazy.

It really does punch a hole in the wall.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

I've updated the Rules for this section, and the "How to Comment on Poems" thread. After discussion with Sazzy, we've decided that all comments must hit on at least one of the points in the How-To thread; otherwise they will be infracted and deleted as low quality posts. As we find more points that make good discussion for poetry, we'll add them to the thread.

As Sazzy said, we are doing all we can to keep this section available to you, but we cannot do so if people insist on posting low quality responses. None of these rules are to restrict or punish you, but to help you give useful feedback and comments on poems posted on AO.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    It gets annoying when you click "New Posts" and all you see is ABC down the column, creating poetry threads like crazy.
    And that is the intent of that rule. I know that the poetry section means a lot to a lot of members, but it isn't the end all and be all of AO. How do other members feel, when checking new posts, seeing that 3/4 of them are poems? Most people join the site because they want to talk about anime, so we can't let the poetry section override that.

What's wrong with posting only two poem threads per day? Your words and ideas will mean just as much tomorrow as they would today. And if you put only a bit of your work out at a time, it has a much better chance of being read thoroughly and discussed properly, both of which you deserve as a writer. Once again, this rule is not meant to punish you, but to keep a balance between poems and everything else posted on the site.

As for bashing other members in your poems...insulting others on the site is a big no-no, and will result in infractions, banning from the poetry section, or banning from the site altogether. I understand that writing comes from your emotions, and your poetry may be your only outlet for those emotions. But still, we need to maintain an atmosphere on AO where people don't feel attacked or put down. If you feel that someone is attacking you in their poetry, alert Sazzy or myself, and we will handle the situation. Two wrongs don't make a right, and an acerbic comeback poem is just as in the wrong as the poem that fueled it.
    Last edited by gren; Nov 25, 2007 at 12:58 AM.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

is the poem has a few cuss words in should we or do we
    put a pg warning or something becuase i havew ha d a few
    poems i felt could have used a few strong words but i didnt use them
    because i wasnt sure if i needed to put some kind if warning in the threads
    tittle. or i wasnt sure about how strong the language should be because
    of some f the few kids here that probably dont cuss.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

well technically with response to your about the strong words, its best to censor the strong words. as there are rules on AO that don't agree with the use of strong language.

Please maintain proper conduct when replying to other members. Bad language and misbehavior will not be tolerated at any cost.
    So please remember that forum rules still apply to this section.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

As for bashing other members in your poems...insulting others on the site is a big no-no, and will result in infractions, banning from the poetry section, or banning from the site altogether. I understand that writing comes from your emotions, and your poetry may be your only outlet for those emotions. But still, we need to maintain an atmosphere on AO where people don't feel attacked or put down. If you feel that someone is attacking you in their poetry, alert Sazzy or myself, and we will handle the situation. Two wrongs don't make a right, and an acerbic comeback poem is just as in the wrong as the poem that fueled it.
    Lol, so childish. Why would people do that?
    I know, I know they do. Which is why I am so glad you guys put that rule up!

San
    Newbie San is off to a good start San's Avatar
    Thanks

i just joined the forums and i must say i was surprised alot when i saw all the threads about poems and mostly one author putting up several threads for all his/her poems. why not doing it like in other forums and having just a single thread where everyone can post his.her poems in? not like you cannot comment poems anymore if someone else posted a new one after that one. or if people insist on making their own threads, then just make one thread per person. that's more than enough to put all the poems in if you ask me, and also it's more efficient if there are people interested in the other poems of one author. easier to find if all is in one thread you know
    the part that the anime subject is put aside for the poems i cannot agree on tho. after all people come here because they most likely googled for anime, not for poetry, and there are always times when certain subjects of a forum get more attention than others. that shouldn't mean you close down one section. it's simply what people are interested in at the moment.
    i think, that if there are people here who are seriously interested in poetry who cannot post or discuss them anymore here, they will simply leave for another forums where they can talk about what ever they want besides anime.
    about the low quali posts i can only agree on with. i as poet find it very annoying when people post stuff like "oh so nice!!"
    i prefer if people post either productive critics, or what i prefer most, share their thoughts about the poem's content.
    i am not really looking for critics but more about the feelings my poems cause for others. ^^
    Last edited by San; Sep 02, 2008 at 01:32 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast