+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forsaken

Otaku raja_psyche may be famous one day raja_psyche may be famous one day raja_psyche's Avatar
    Thanks

Forsaken

Forsaken

In a deserted playground,
    a little girl embraces herself
    as the unpleasantly cold wind
    blows and rocks her to sleep.

Unfortunate soul is what she is
    deprived of love and care,
    needy of affection and appreciation,
    poor being neglected by the world.

Circumstances took a toll on her
    her body became fragile,
    her heart became weak,
    her faith slowly disappears.

Hades, God of the underworld
    approaches this disfavoured soul,
    promises to give peace and freedom,
    takes her away to a lifeless lair.

>>>author's notes:
    This is a poem that I created out of curiosity. My inspiration for this was the story of the girl who sells matches. Any comments and critiques are welcomed.

Thank you very much,Reese for this wonderful signature ^_^

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Re: Forsaken

Gosh this is cool and you had me crying ! the measure per phrase is good and well constructed i might say
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoenixSara For This Useful Post:

raja_psyche (Oct 02, 2008)

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

It doesn't match my style and I wanted to tweak a few things to make it fit but it's still great.

My score:

(this is a great score considering I never give higher then a nine and I rate my own at about a 7 so yeah great work ^^)

... and join my rebellion against time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Corvus For This Useful Post:

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Was quite good until the last line actually, as it felt unfinished or hasted to end so. It would have been interseting for it to go on, unless you think of continuing it at another time? A lot of potential was built up and leaves me on a cliff hanger...though this makes me think a little bit about ''Lilium'', a flash animation which you can find on Newgrounds. The video may not resemble it at first, but I feel a similarity.

I'm glad to see your still at it, writing on and on ^^

EDIT: Said link of Lilium: Lilium
    Last edited by Soldat of life; May 02, 2008 at 08:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Soldat of life For This Useful Post:

Otaku raja_psyche may be famous one day raja_psyche may be famous one day raja_psyche's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for your comments. ^^

@PhoenixSara: *taps shoulder*, I created this poem because I was having a "persona struggle".

@Corvus: Thanks for your honesty too. I am open to suggestions too. ^^.

@Soldat of life: Honestly speaking, I had difficulty in ending the poem... I wanted to have the reader imagine the life of the girl as Hades took her to his lair. I watched "Lilium" too and I was left in awe (I was experiencing goosebumps too).

Thank you very much,Reese for this wonderful signature ^_^

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

My suggestions (in black) :
    In a deserted playground,
    The little girl embraces herself
    unpleasantly the numbing wind
    blows, rocking her to sleep.

this is like my style
    I'm being pretentious when I say this, but I like your ideas with my words =P
    *gawsh I sound stuck up...*
    I'm just saying that you have a really powerful image here and if you allow yourself to lose the rigidity of set structures you can have a piece which flows in some parts and really hits the reader hard.

My advice:
    Do your best and even if you have arse faces like myself who bog down on your work eventually you'll become more amazing then anyone.

Afterthought:
    I'm sorry for the low quality comment I left you earlier, you deserved better.
    anyways I said that this poem was an 8 but give it work and it could easily be in some literary text books somewhere because like I said earlier, you have a powerful image to work with. Let it sit on your mind for a while then give it a will and let it write itself. You are a brilliant writer (the last stanza alone is well... wow. but yeah let that happen the whole way through)
    I think you should consider swapping " a lifeless lair" for his. but it's totally your call.
    PM me if you have any questions or if you want to rant at me for being such a prick.
    Cuz I am when it comes to trying to help. I think it does people (and their art) injustice to not be blunt. So yeah, sorry if i seem harsh but then agian not really because it means I respect you.

... and join my rebellion against time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Corvus For This Useful Post:

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Lol ^^ this is quite a nice poem.. love the imagery and the way the poem flows... its slow and soft... just like the innocent heart of the little girl... nicely done ^^ I loved it.. keep it up!

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RayMe For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread