+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Genocide Armenia

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Genocide Armenia

Like a dying bird falling from the sky
    So too did the Armenians die

The Young Turks battled and persecuted, in short they killed
    Isolation soon set. Alone in their country, blood chilled

False profits proclaiming their undue end
    Smearing a good name, murdering a friend

Marching the people to their final way station
    A misguided militia regulation the situation

The smell of scorched bodies fill the air
    While children wither away with no food to share

No, this is not a genocide the Young Turks say
    But still, bodies were found and mourners pay

The genocide of these people slipped into the past
    It's a shame such a beautiful race lost so many so fast

I couldn't save any, fight it or try. A burden of regret
    I wasn't alive then but I can still teach never to forget

---
    Eh, I was raving to myself earlier about the wrongness of genocide. Then feeling down a little that I couldn't help anyone. It's truly saddening when you care enough to say this stuff is wrong and get no responce.

I feel so powerless, I can't do anything to help. All I am is a kid in this world who hates all those biased laws that inhibit freedom. And the lazy nature of the people who can help but aren't willing to raise their voice to stop this stuff.

Someone needs smack some sense into the world, or the people who don't care anyway. Throw some pictures of those poor dead people to teach them this crap is real and people do die in these horrid ways...
    Last edited by FLawEdmiNd; Aug 15, 2007 at 09:49 PM.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Genocide Armenia

Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    False profits proclaiming their undue end
    Smearing a good name, murdering a friend
    Profit = financial gain
    Prophet = human through whom a divine entity speaks.

I'm not sure if you made a mistake or are trying to make a very profound statement . . . either way, don't stop fighting (even the smallest ways help) for peace.

(Especially for Darfur in these current times.) It's always so frustrating when people kill their own kith and kin . . .

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly speaking, I screwed up in typing there ^^ but that meaning works too.

It is annoying though... just wanna go down to the UN and smack a picture of a little African child in their faces' maybe then they'd live up to their name and play their oh so important role...
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Otaku raja_psyche may be famous one day raja_psyche may be famous one day raja_psyche's Avatar
    Thanks

This poem is really sad, because it presented a part of reality. I also feel bad when a group, family, members of the same society are haunted to death! Why do they do it... I just can't comprehend...

This poem presented descriptive details that would enable the reader to picture out the situation. For me, I felt that I saw... I smelled... the things that you said, just by reading the poem.

Keep you the good work FLawedmind, i do hope to see of your work in the future.

Thank you very much,Reese for this wonderful signature ^_^

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

I liked it but you would probaly have people like it more if it did not have hard words so people could understand what your saying better.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The GunGrave of Trigun View Post
    I liked it but you would probaly have people like it more if it did not have hard words so people could understand what your saying better.
    No offense, but no one should dumb down a piece of art (that's what poetry is) just so that everybody can enjoy it. Every time I read a book I have my dictionary right beside me just in case (of course, I've read the dictionary . . . so that helps). The words aren't even that large; you will certainly encounter them again in the future. If you learn what they mean now (and can use them properly) people will really respect you in future conversations.

+ Reply to Thread