+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Grieving.

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Grieving.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    I looked over your poem quite a few times, just the fact it was about you losing someone close to you & you might have to deal with the same thing in the near future <hopefully not>... And I just didn't know what to say; especially to someone I really don't know... But I guess me telling you how it made me feel wouldn't hurt...

I can tell it was written from the heart cause that is where it hit with me... I sort of lost my mother & father at the same time, but the difference is they are still here... We just lost connection & stopped communicating all together... It seemed like when I got further & further away from my father; me & my mother got closer, probably cause I thought she needed me & I needed her at the time... I know it is none of the same, but this was a heart felt read...

And who needs consistent rhyming when the writing touches someone's heart... ^_^
    Yeah I hope to not lose him aswell. But his type of cancer isn't a type you can get rid of. And my mother (who is an RN) tells me that when it's in the spine it's usually REALLY painful. So I'm actually more scared for him, for that. He told me when I asked if he was scared, "No I've died once already" so... if he's not scared I'm not scared. But I don't think he knows about the pain. I don't want to see him in pain like my grandpa was at the end... That's what's so scary to me.

It sucks when you lose someone extremely important. Every time I get new news about my baby (I'm four and a half months pregnant.) I want to call my grandpa and tell him the update.. I had a sewing machine question the other day and I almost died from the pain it sent me that I couldn't just go call and ask the expert. When I see certain birds it makes me sad cus I can't go "And what's that one grandpa" anymore. There will be no more bird-feeders and fishing poles. And his was a dying breed. It will be a long time before I see a man of his type again. I never knew another one growing up, still don't. I see some potential in my growing up friends though. Which gives me hope they'll be to their kids what my grandpa was to me.

I'm really honored that you didn't know me well but were still so touched by my writing. I really appreciate your words. And I'm sorry about your relationship with your parents. Maybe that too will change, yanno since they're not all the way gone yet, it's not too late. And in the future you may feel differently about what pulled you apart.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

very nice poem and i liked how you expressed the how the loss
    want be gotten over so easy this time , you really showed the fear of loosing someone , and i know how that is i lost my grand pa a few ago
    and it felt like the only one who really knew me was gone but i kept
    him alive through some good memories.

i loved this line out of all of it

"The pain, this time, shall last.
    No time to subside.
    No time to hold up and hide.
    Too soon."

i used quote marks my condolences and once again very good poem
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    very nice poem and i liked how you expressed the how the loss
    want be gotten over so easy this time , you really showed the fear of loosing someone , and i know how that is i lost my grand pa a few ago
    and it felt like the only one who really knew me was gone but i kept
    him alive through some good memories.

i loved this line out of all of it

"The pain, this time, shall last.
    No time to subside.
    No time to hold up and hide.
    Too soon."

i used quote marks my condolences and once again very good poem
    Thank you very much. I had a hard time getting out some of the more scary feelings. Heart-ach and rejection are familiar and very unscary to me. But loss is something I'm not used to dealing with. My grandpa raised me and we were very close so this was the first real loss I've experienced.
    Those lines were the expression of ...surprise and pain of losing my grandpa and then finding out a week or so later that my dad had cancer. My favorite men in the world.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Newbie Kuinta is off to a good start
    Thanks

A great poet speaks with their heart and you have proven that to me. It's hard to let go of the people you love. I've had a similar experience like that except my grandpa only died after a heart attack. The sad thing was it was a few days away from my birthday. Anyway, I think your poem is awesome.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kuinta View Post
    A great poet speaks with their heart and you have proven that to me. It's hard to let go of the people you love. I've had a similar experience like that except my grandpa only died after a heart attack. The sad thing was it was a few days away from my birthday. Anyway, I think your poem is awesome.
    That's interesting. THats how my grandpa died. He has been ill health wise for a while now.But he was an ox and was pushin' on. But then he had a massive heart attack and never came out of it. He died within a week. He waited for all his girls to come home to say goodbye before he went. That's the kind of man he was.
    Also interestingly enough. He died exactly one month after my birthday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2