+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Never Fear Anything

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Never Fear Anything

This is a short story I wrote in place of a personal narrative for English. I hope you like it.

Never Fear Anything
    By: Descended From Darkness

Eternal darkness gripped the night. I was afraid that the shadows would take me away from here. But something told me that it wouldn’t happen. That small light of hope shining deep inside me, resonating with my courage now dormant, told me to be brave, even when I didn’t want to believe in myself. I opened my eyes and looked around the room that was covered in darkness that seemed eternal. I shivered slightly.
    “It’s chilly,” I said to myself.
    I got up and walked toward the curtains that opened violently and moved mysteriously like a phantom trapped in its eternal prison. I pulled back the curtains and saw that window was open. I sighed. Why is the window open? It was closed a minute ago, I thought to myself. I closed the window and I made sure that it would never open again by locking it. But for some odd reason I continued to shiver. I turned around and saw a small boy wearing a cloak that looked like crimson blood and he wore a blue mask that looked like a demon from ancient Japanese lore.
    “Don’t fear me Rai, I’m you friend,” he said.
    “Who are you?” I asked
    “A friend,” he repeated
    I sighed slightly and shook my head. I looked at him silently. Why is he here? How did he get in? More importantly why is here? I thought to myself. He grabbed my hand and took off his mask. He had gorgeous green eyes and beautiful blonde hair.
    “I’m not a demon. Well I am…I won’t hurt you,” he said.
    “How do I know that?” I asked
    “You just need to trust me,” he said.
    “Trust you…” I said
    “Yes, if you trust me then you won’t need to fear,” he said
    “That’s something my dad told me long ago.” I said
    “Well he’s right,” he said.
    “Okay Oni-san*, I trust you,” I said
    “My name’s Dante Kinaki,” he said
    I smiled and shook his hand. The last thing I remembered was when I woke up he was gone. I smiled. Ever since then, my window would open and there he was sitting there with his giant sword in his lap wearing the same mask and cloak. It was as if he was my guardian spirit sitting there protecting me from the things that scared me the most and that included the demons that hid in the shadows of eternal darkness. I then knew that later on I would learn to love the same eternal darkness that I had once come to hate.

*-An oni in Japanese lore is a horned demon. The way I used it is referring to brother or rather older brother.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Never Fear Anything

i liked this story and useing te only in the context you did was awesome i liked it alot, and its cool he was like a protector because oni are suosedly evil if im not mistaken which makes this story very intresting to read i hope to read more of this story if you add to it
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

WoW! that was a creppy storie yet really awesome. By the way what got you inspired to write such a story?

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

To tell the truth, I really don't know what inspired me to write this story.. I write to well write. I have no inspirations on the story itself. The only time I am inspired to do something is creating characters based off of my friends. And I will expand on this but it will have a different name. ^__^

+ Reply to Thread