I've already posted this in my journal, but I want some feedback on it. Please, tell me what you think.

The Pendulum

The dilemma, pulling me in two directions. My indecisiveness exceeds definite choice. Back and forth, I sway like a pendulum that has no start and no finish. Time stands still, thoughts cease, and the beckoning continues.

Darkness, the only way. The call grows nearer and consumes me, plunging me into deep shadows. There is one sitting there, clothed in black, who sweetly gestures me to come forth and follow him into eternal night. I could fall into his arms and let him carry me away to his secret horror. But, I could stay with him, and it would be so easy. Yet, inevitably, I gently swing back, stray before he can grasp me and pull me in.

Light, forever forgiven. It is quite soothing, the song of a lyre gently folding it’s soft music around me, drawing me near. There is one sitting there, clothed in white, glowing in his splendor, and he patiently calls my name, holding out his hand. The light is blinding, full of discovery, and choosing it would bend my life into a glorious song. I could stay with him, and even though it would be difficult, I would live in a realm of untold beauty and undying peace. Yet, inevitably, I gently swing back, stray in doubt before I grasp his hand so he can pull me in.

Back and forth the pendulum swings, a continuous motion. The Question sits on my mind so, weighting my head, which droops in the uneasiness of worry and doubt. Which eternal realm will it be? Darkness or Light?