+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Self interpritation

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Self interpritation

There are times
    when you never know what the answer to the question is.
    In a way, it drives you insane.
    You try so hard to figure out what you are missing
    and you never seem to find exactly what it is.

You dive so deep into your head,
    into your self to see just what the real reason is for you to stay breathing.
    The problems you have encountered come tumbling down on you
    like a pile of stones, just holding you down and making it so hard to move and escape.

You try so hard just to be what everyone else wants of you
    and it breaks you down, wearing at your outer shell
    and making you so vulnerable.
    They make you feel so small and they never tell you why.

They push you down like a "plastic" bag full of air in a pool full of water.
    It seems as though you have no escape
    and that you are never going to surface...
    In a sense, you are screaming at the top of your lungs, but only in your mind.
    They have taken away your right to speak by binding your lips.

They aren't having fun.
    They are scared of you, of what you can do
    and they try so hard, pushing harder
    and harder to make you sink deeper and deeper to the bottem.
    Yet, the strength in your voiceless screams seems to raise you to the surface,
    over powering them.

Things you can never imagine begin to fill your mind
    and the words you were at a loss to say before burst out of your mouth.
    You scream and shout so loud, it is as if all the windows on Earth will shatter.
    Their ears pour out blood filled with the pain they have caused you
    and all those words taken from your lips.
    Last edited by starfire1036; Aug 27, 2008 at 05:42 PM. Reason: spelling error

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Self interpritation

I don't like poems that try to talk to me, adn make me realizes what is only in that person's head, but I'll read on.

They push you down like a bag full of air in a pool full of water.

Best line in teh whole poem "But" is doesn't make since you see with all the preassure the bag should resuface no matter what holding it down. With a line like that the poem should be called a break though of the preassure. Not a with hold.

And that shell your so talking about, that not real you? ..

That shell is for protection, even Jesus cried in his hard times. =3

/input city/
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
    I don't like poems that try to talk to me, adn make me realizes what is only in that person's head, but I'll read on.

They push you down like a bag full of air in a pool full of water.

Best line in teh whole poem "But" is doesn't make since you see with all the preassure the bag should resuface no matter what holding it down. With a line like that the poem should be called a break though of the preassure. Not a with hold.

And that shell your so talking about, that not real you? ..

That shell is for protection, even Jesus cried in his hard times. =3

/input city/
    Ok a bag is full of air... and gets pushed down and loses the air... meaning THEY ARE DROWNING YOU... it has nothing to do with the ability to float nor the air inside th bag because you have air inside you when u sink in a pool but you dont float back up all the time... And it isnt speaking to you... it is speaking about you... and that you is me...
    it is a third person poem. It isnt what is in my head... it is the fatigue that the depression caused by these feeling make me feel. like i am being pushed down into a pool full of water... it makes my shield, my barrier break causeing me to cry... it is all about the emotion givin in metophoric interpritation....

everything in this poem is a metophoric statement... and it described the emotions and the feelings inside as real actions that you can feel as a person... and it has nothing to do with jesus... and his "shell"

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I gotta agree with Mr.K about the whole bag full of air thing.

Normally if you think of a bag full of air, in water, you think of resistance. The only way the bag would sink... if it were full of air... is if that air were released (and the bag filled with water instead). People don't DROWN when they're full of air. Our bodies are mostly water. The only place for us store air is our lungs... We drown when we breath water into our lungs, where the air was supposed to be.

The reason it is confusing here is. If you're talking about a bag full of air... you dont mention resistance. (Infact you mention sinking which is opposite of resisting. If you mean to describe a deflating bag in water... perhaps mentioning deflation would be helpful. That way the sinking part would make more sense. The imagery as it stands.... is confusing.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    I gotta agree with Mr.K about the whole bag full of air thing.

Normally if you think of a bag full of air, in water, you think of resistance. The only way the bag would sink... if it were full of air... is if that air were released (and the bag filled with water instead). People don't DROWN when they're full of air. Our bodies are mostly water. The only place for us store air is our lungs... We drown when we breath water into our lungs, where the air was supposed to be.

The reason it is confusing here is. If you're talking about a bag full of air... you dont mention resistance. (Infact you mention sinking which is opposite of resisting. If you mean to describe a deflating bag in water... perhaps mentioning deflation would be helpful. That way the sinking part would make more sense. The imagery as it stands.... is confusing.

OMFG
    it is only a god damned feeling...
    HAVE YOU EVER FELT LIKE YOU WERE WEIGHED DOWN... THAT ITS HARD TO BREATHE? IT IS A METAPHORE!!!!!!!! and bags can sink... BECAUSE... when you let them go under water, the pressure pushes in on the bag, taking out the air! i never said that bag was tied or closed. And p.s. people drown when THEY PASS OUT under water from THE LACK OF OXYGEN. When you are unconcious, you body makes you breathe and... when your under water blacked out and not moving you sink... the only time you float is AFTER YOU ARE DEAD and your body fills with gas! wtf does it matter about one damned line... it isnt a big deal. it is a metaphore and that is all... the is the description on a physical feeling. and! if the bag full of air is not allowed to return to the surface! it stays under the water! i never said that it was let go but pushed down deeper and deeper. Ifr you focus on the rest of the poem! if says that I (or the bag) float back up so when you want to complain about 1 thing, make sure you read the rest of it first.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I told you what I thought... take it or leave it. I certainly understand somone who likes their art to stay just as they intended it to be. No matter how their viewers feel about it.

I was just explaining that the imagery was confusing (to me at least). It just seemed like you used a metaphore to create an image... but you only described a small portion... a bag of air in a pool. Perhaps it is just that is seemed to pose many unanswerd questions that the reader must fill in for themselves. So if I assume your talking about a sealed, zipped lock bag of air... in a pool... the sinking just throws it off.

Dont assume I didn't read your poem in its entirety before I replied. I probably would not have commented on this at all had someone else not been thrown off by the same line as me. And even that person complimented the line despite the fact that it was confusing. A graceful person might just appreciate the feedback.

Furthermore... If you can not take criticism, you may want to re-think posting in public forums. Perhaps showing your pieces to people who have an obligation to give only nice, happy feedback would be more appropriate...

I mean.... OMFG! WTF! (lmao)

Hey on the bright side it seems you edited this to make absolute sense! Seeeeeee... a little feedback never hurt nobody
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Aug 27, 2008 at 09:01 PM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    I told you what I thought... take it or leave it. I certainly understand somone who likes their art to stay just as they intended it to be. No matter how their viewers feel about it.

I was just explaining that the imagery was confusing (to me at least). It just seemed like you used a metaphore to create an image... but you only described a small portion... a bag of air in a pool. Perhaps it is just that is seemed to pose many unanswerd questions that the reader must fill in for themselves. So if I assume your talking about a sealed, zipped lock bag of air... in a pool... the sinking just throws it off.

Dont assume I didn't read your poem in its entirety before I replied. I probably would not have commented on this at all had someone else not been thrown off by the same line as me. And even that person complimented the line despite the fact that it was confusing. A graceful person might just appreciate the feedback.

Furthermore... If you can not take criticism, you may want to re-think posting in public forums. Perhaps showing your pieces to people who have an obligation to give only nice, happy feedback would be more appropriate...

I mean.... OMFG! WTF! (lmao)

Hey on the bright side it seems you edited this to make absolute sense! Seeeeeee... a little feedback never hurt nobody
    And... like i said in the poem.... they are pushing you down, which makes then "bag" or what ever you think of it sink as long as they are still pushing it down which in case is still said in a line furters after that part...
    They aren't having fun.
    They are scared of you, of what you can do
    and they try so hard, pushing harder
    and harder to make you sink deeper and deeper to the bottem.
    I am asuming that that line was read too fast and was not interpreted to go along side and occure after the "Bag Of Air" Clause.
    It never says that their hands are removed from you, even after the inside your mind screaming. What I am saying is that it didnt float back up because there was a resistance force holding it down in the water. When I say they I am talking about 10 to 30 who are people pushing and holding one thing down in the water and I know you can't tell me that a dinky little shopping bag would resurface from that.

Thanks

Yes, I do understand now. Thank you for taking the time to both explain and edit.
    ... Not Ever Again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast