+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shadow of Reality. . . . . .

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Shadow of Reality. . . . . .

i know that the ones who have been reading my story can't wait, so here is the next chapter of Shadow of Reality.

Chapter 3
    Elucidations

“Wake up!” Ukaberu’s voice chimed. Terra pulled herself up and yawned lazily.
    “Where am I?” Terra opened her eyes and saw perfect, vivid color. Terra’s heart filled with joy as she looked in amazement at the room she was sitting in. It wasn’t the room that actually grabbed Terra’s attention, but the magnificent hues that resided in the room. The wooden drawer that was present beside Terra’s bed looked particularly meticulous to Terra. Her blue sheets seemed so detailed that Terra could swear that she count the threads of she needed to.
    Terra could see now that Ukaberu had brown hair that pointed downward. He had vibrant blue eyes that held Terra’s reflection. His red cloak had a hood, which he had said shielded him from rain. Ukaberu had a wide smile on his face. Terra realized that he was leaning over the bed, his face only a few feet away from the blue sheets. But even though he was leaning over the bed, his head was raised in order to look at Terra.
    The brilliant colors deeply interested Terra, but soon her dream came to mind. She felt around for any kind of jewelry that could possibly be hanging by her neck, and she found what she was looking for. Terra pulled up the pendant that had once rested on her floor. Like the trinket had before, it changed hues and caught attention, but this time from Ukaberu.
    “Nice necklace,” he said, staring at it’s ever-changing colors.
    The pendant reminded Terra of how miraculously that she had came to be in the “true world”. Fear suddenly washed over her. So much danger had already befallen her, and she had been in this world for less than a day. If this much pandemonium was in the “true world”, then Terra was not sure that she would be able to go on here. Terra looked up at the face of Ukaberu.
    “So,” she began, “what’s going on? We were hiding from that guy and,” she paused. All that Terra could remember after that is the dream she had.
    “You fainted,” he said bluntly. “But I took you to this place. It’s my favorite inn.”
    “What happened to the stranger?” Terra put the necklace back under her shirt in order to keep it hidden.
    “I caught you when you fainted, and when I looked back the stranger was gone.”
    ‘Kado is very secretive,’ Terra thought, as she blinked several times.
    “Come on!” Ukaberu yelled in a lively tone. “Let’s eat! This inn has great breakfast!” Ukaberu resumed his upward position (by moving from his leaned-over position) and stretched his arms out with a yawn. He slowly walked to the door. The door seemed to be a wooden slide door that was decorated with a bright, colorful painting of a village covered in snow. The village in the painting had Asian-styled houses shielded in the darkness of night. Next to each house was a lantern that was the only illumination since it was dark in the painting. Ukaberu slid the door open and stepped out into an empty hall.
    “Are you coming Terra?” Ukaberu impatiently asked.
    Terra looked up at him. “Ok.” She forcefully lifted herself off of the comfortable bed and walked out of the room into the silent hallway. The hall had a wooden floor, wooden walls, and a wooden ceiling. Unlike the door of Terra’s room, there were no paintings or pictures in the long hallway. It was also very cold in the hall. Terra shivered as they both began to slowly creep through the hallway. Their steps could be clearly heard through the hall and had a strange pattern.
    “Why is it so cold here?” Terra questioned while she realized that she could see her own breathe.
    “Well, uh,” he mumbled, looking for an excuse to skip the answer. “Oh, look!” he shouted. They both stopped and Ukaberu pointed to what seemed to be a small restaurant around the next corner. Ukaberu urged Terra to enter the eating place, but Terra was slightly hesitant. The restaurant was very small and cramped. There were only six hard, wooden benches, each two benches having a square table in front of them. Two separate seats were already occupied, so there was only one table vacant- the two benches closest to Ukaberu and Terra.
    They sat down opposite from each other, and waited for some kind of waiter to came by. In time, a waiter did pass their table. He stood silently staring down at both of them. The waiter was tall, and had a gloomy expression on his face. He sighed heavily.
    “May I take your order?” he asked in a low tone.
    Since there were no menus, Terra was nervous about ordering. Before Terra could embarrass herself, Ukaberu ordered for the both of them. “We’ll each have a bowl of rice.” The waiter glared at Ukaberu with a firm frown. “Oh,” Ukaberu began, “small.” After saying that the waiter walked around a corner different from the one that Terra and Ukaberu had entered from.
    “So,” Terra began, “what was that guy calling you? An unregistered shiyo-” Ukaberu put his hand over her mouth before she could finish. The waiter looked around the corner and as he did Ukaberu swiftly removed his hand from Terra’s mouth.
    “Sorry,” Ukaberu apologized in a low whisper, “but I had to stop you. You were going to blow my cover. You see, there was once a spirit that had a unique power. This power was supposed to allow that spirit to control heat molecules. Now, this ability might have seemed stupid, but with this power, that spirit could make flames, go faster, take away heat, and even fly!”
    The waiter came back to their table and laid two glass bowls of rice on it. He also gave each of them chopsticks. Ukaberu grabbed his chopsticks and waited for the waiter to go away.
    “Anyway,” Ukaberu began while stuffing some rice into his mouth, “Someone found out what this spirit’s power could do, and knew that the only way to gain this ability would be to kill the spirit and take the powers.” Ukaberu’s voice began to become even more muffled with the rice he was eating. Terra was trying hard not to stare at his display of bad manners.
    “So, the guy went and killed the spirit, loosing his left arm in the process. Too bad for him, when the spirit died, the powers spread through the worlds, giving certain people one of the spirit’s abilities. The people who were bestowed these powers are called ‘shiyosha’ . And, the grand ruler commanded shiyosha to register into an identification system that kept everyone in it in ‘check’.
    “Though this seemed like a good idea, I think it traps the shiyosha and gives them no freedom,” Ukaberu’s voice became even lower, “which is why I didn’t register. That is the reason that they are after me.” After Ukaberu finished he looked down at his rice and started eating faster.
    “Wait,” Terra began to question, “if you were ordered to register, that must mean that you’re a-”
    “Shiyosha,” Ukaberu finished for her.
    “So, um, what power do you have?”

Sorry, but that's where i'll have to stop the chapter. the chapter is too long to fit in one post.
    Last edited by BrightShadow_96; Apr 27, 2006 at 05:40 PM.

Otaku DogDemon may be famous one day DogDemon may be famous one day DogDemon's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Shadow of Reality. . . . . .

Man this stor owns! But it seems that I`m also the only one who likes it, cuz no one other hasn`t posted so far.... Great job BrightShadow!!

Finding God is not peaceful.
    Searching God isn`t peaceful.
    The thought that God exists is peaceful enough.
    Believe!

Newbie Tohru_Punkcess may be famous one day Tohru_Punkcess may be famous one day Tohru_Punkcess's Avatar
    Thanks

Great story, You are fabulous at this kinda thing!! keep up the good work!!
    <-Tohru->

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

that is really good. i like it

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

thanx! now i gotta post the rest of that chapter- the last part was only half of that chapter!

we left off. . . .

“So, um, what power do you have?”
    Ukaberu set down his chopsticks and swallowed the rice in his mouth. He put his hand over the chopsticks. Before Terra could ask what Ukaberu was doing, his hand began to glow a dark red. Soon, the chopsticks also began to glow, and eventually, the chopsticks were floating in midair. Terra took a short gasp and put her own hands over her mouth.
    Terra pulled her hands from her face and spoke. Even though she was holding in a lot of excitement, she spoke in a whisper as Ukaberu had done. “That’s so cool!”
    “And not just chopsticks,” Ukaberu implied while the chopsticks fell and both his hand and the chopsticks stopped glowing. “I can make anything float. Well,” he began correcting himself, “almost anything.”
    Ukaberu looked at Terra’s bowl. The bowl was full of rice, and Terra had not eaten one grain yet.
    “Aren’t you hungry?
    Terra looked down at her rice and shook her head. “I’m fine,” she untruthfully stated. Terra had actually been very hungry, but didn’t want Ukaberu to realize that she couldn’t use chopsticks.
    “Well, okay then.”
    The waiter returned once again with a piece of parchment. He laid it down on the table and stood waiting.
    “Oh, I’ll pay for it,” Ukaberu said while reaching into his pocket. Once he had found what he was looking for, he placed several small, violet coins that Terra had never seen before. The waiter collected all of the strange currency and left once again without a word.
    “Come on!” Ukaberu urged with a wide smile. “Let’s go outside- we should probably get you some different clothes. Like I said before, you’ll need a hood in this town.”
    Terra made an awkward, and almost worried face. “It doesn’t always rain, does it?”
    “Yep,” he bluntly replied. “Always.”
    “Why?” Terra questioned with an inquiring face.
    “Oh, just some annoying sorcerer that thought he was tough.” Ukaberu was surprisingly speaking in a casual tone. “So, to try to prove his power, he created a curse that made it so that it never stops raining here.”
    “Oh . . . ,” Terra murmured in a low tone.

They both left the small “restaurant” shortly after their conversation. Ukaberu and Terra set off into the cold, dismal, hallway. As before, it seemed plain and empty. But, this time, Terra could see the other end of the hall that was actually the entrance to the whole inn. Before either of them could even take two steps, a strange, shadowy creature lunged halfway down the hallway and stopped directly in front of Ukaberu and Terra.
    The creature was a solid, pitch-black color. Even though the beast was slouched, Terra could easily see that it was shorter than they were. It was shaped similar to a human, except it was wrapped in long, ash-covered bandages. But even with the paper bandages constricting it, the creature moved freely.
    As soon as the beast noticed Terra and Ukaberu, it ran onto the wall left of Terra and disappeared. Dumbfounded as to how the creature could walk on walls, Terra briefly inspected the wall.
    “What are you looking for?” Ukaberu questioned.
    Terra stopped and turned to Ukaberu. “Didn’t you see that thing that walked on the wall?”
    “Yeah, it’s a secondary shadow.” Terra made a face signifying her confusion. “A secondary shadow is the following shadows that come from the original shadow.” Terra kept her confused look, but blinked twice. “Do you know what a shadow is?” Terra thought of what she knew as a shadow, but knew that that wasn’t what Ukaberu was speaking of. Terra shook her head without a word.
    “A shadow is basically the mirror reflection of a real person that is sent to the fake world.”
    Suddenly, Kado’s words rushed into Terra’s head. ‘Nothing . . . . you are just a shadow . . . You are fake.’
    Even though Terra was in a daze, Ukaberu continued. “So, if a real person from this world went into the incomplete world, they could possibly meet their shadow. The shadow would look exactly like it’s owner, and would have close to the same personality.” Ukaberu paused.
    “And, a secondary shadow is the shadow of the owner’s original shadow. The difference between shadows and secondary shadows is that the secondary shadow looks nothing like the owner- they always look like the thing that we just saw. And that about explains it.”

sorry that i'll have to make u wait for the next chapter. . . .
    Last edited by BrightShadow_96; Apr 24, 2006 at 04:46 PM.

Otaku viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025's Avatar
    Thanks

No need to go off subject but are you Moonlight Graveyards admin?
    By the way good work.

Thanks

thanx to evry one who read all of that. i realixed that the 3rd chapter is really long. . . im not sure if the 4th is going to be so long. but it may be longer. im not sure yet.

Newbie teardrops may be famous one day teardrops may be famous one day teardrops's Avatar
    Thanks

really like your story so far!!! Cant wait for the next chapter!! You are a good writer
    Pain is just a state of mind. So get over it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast