Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should you go first?

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should you go first?

Wow, very well written. I love the emotion that you showed in this one. It's very good. Keep up the good work.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree with everyone eles... Im dumbfounded by the beauty and strength of this poem. Its unlike anything else I've read from you.
    Very lovely... And yet there seems to be a sadness.
    ... Not Ever Again...

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

It is lovely...too bad it isn't yours. This poem, "Should You Go First", was written by Albert Kennedy Rowswell (Rosey), who died in 1955. All you did was remove the second to last stanza and change a couple of words. From Rosey Rowswel - BR Bullpen

Albert Kennedy Rowswell (b. February 1, 1884 in Pittsburgh, PA, d. February 6, 1955 in Pittsburgh, PA)

Rosey Rowswell was a broadcaster for the Pittsburgh Pirates for 19 seasons (1936-54). He partnered with a young Bob Prince from 1948 to 1954 and Prince considered Rowswell his mentor. He always called the Pirates "the Buccos".

Rowswell was also a noted author who wrote four books of humor and poetry.

'Should You Go First' by Rosey Rowswell

This site contains further biographical information, as well as the poem attributed to Rowswell:
    Allegheny Cemetery Noteables - Rosey Rowswell

Closing.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2