+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tunnels

Newbie z0rn is off to a good start z0rn's Avatar
    Thanks

Tunnels

The world pulsates around me.
    In an instant, I’m gone from this prison.
    Hours, days… years could have passed.
    I fight against the darkness, desperately rebuilding my illusion.
    Even with my cell rebuilt, the darkness calls to me.
    I can feel it stretch as the tunnel pulls at my soul.

Trying to remember my life, I’ve been away so long.
    Slowly the memories come back.
    My dawn, that’s why I came back,
    But, I don’t recognize this room.
    Who is this woman staring at me?
    I can see the tunnel now, flowing through the room.

The vibrations slow, I recognize you now.
    The desperation fades, replaced by shame.
    Am I too week to be free? Is “reality” the true drug?
    I feel like I’ve lost something precious, something important.
    Like a god just fell from his mountain.

12-9-8
    "Don't judge my book by its cover, because my story is just as f*cked up as any other."
    -Eyedea

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Tunnels

Watchu mean you dont recognize that woman!? You better recognize!

Nah, Im joking. The "pulls at my soul" part. Is something I have heard before in conjuction with the experience of Sally.

I also strongly relate to wondering if it was me... that couldn't go.... As you could probably tell, I really wanted to experience not being here. But.... Didn't work out so hot. "Is 'reality' the true drug?"... Good question. Makes me ponder the commonly used phrase... "Get real". Everybody is getting real... But how? Whos the pusher? Who am I buying my reality from? And what price am I paying?
    ... Not Ever Again...

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

If I didn't know what inspired this I might find it even more profound. Don't let that statement detract from how profound I found this to be honest. I liked this a lot. The way you write is interesting and a little different then what I'm used to. Not to mention the way this made me feel. Very interesting.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Watchu mean you dont recognize that woman!? You better recognize!

Nah, Im joking. The "pulls at my soul" part. Is something I have heard before in conjuction with the experience of Sally.

I also strongly relate to wondering if it was me... that couldn't go.... As you could probably tell, I really wanted to experience not being here. But.... Didn't work out so hot. "Is 'reality' the true drug?"... Good question. Makes me ponder the commonly used phrase... "Get real". Everybody is getting real... But how? Whos the pusher? Who am I buying my reality from? And what price am I paying?
    Well, the answer to what price are you paying is simple: True freedom from this world. As far as who is pushing "reality" thats more complex. Maybe it's "the people". Maybe it's everybody, we all sell our own reality to people every time we have some kind of interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by bratling View Post
    If I didn't know what inspired this I might find it even more profound. Don't let that statement detract from how profound I found this to be honest. I liked this a lot. The way you write is interesting and a little different then what I'm used to. Not to mention the way this made me feel. Very interesting.
    So, how did it make you feel? What about my writing is different?
    Last edited by z0rn; Dec 10, 2008 at 11:14 PM.
    "Don't judge my book by its cover, because my story is just as f*cked up as any other."
    -Eyedea

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bratling View Post
    So, how did it make you feel? What about my writing is different?

Mods please delete.
    Last edited by z0rn; Dec 10, 2008 at 11:17 PM.
    -Eyedea

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

It makes me feel lost...but comforted at the same time. Like waking up not remembering where you fell asleep. But not in a scary unfamiliar sorta way.

Your writing is different then most I'm used to reading (especially around here) because you don't seem to care/think about the whole rhyming thing. You flow, and all. But it almost seems unintentional.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

+ Reply to Thread