+ Reply to Thread

Thread: V-Day (Ode to Commercial Holidays)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

V-Day (Ode to Commercial Holidays)

The day we all say has
    love in the air.

The day that couples really
    try to show that they care.

The day we spread candy,
    cards and roses everywhere.

The day your boyfriend can lay
    you down and pull your hair.

It's a day to pretend
    that a couple never fights.

A day to tell yourself
    that everything's alright.

It's a day reserved for
    having sex through the night.

A day for you to say,
    "I love you with all my might."

This day is the day single
    people use to drink.

The day that lonely f*cks
    like me will say truly stinks.

But don't let me piss
    all over your parade,

Grab your signifigant
    other and have a great V-Day!

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: V-Day (Ode to Commercial Holidays)

Lol. I like that it doesn't hide your feelings about it at all, and tells the truth about the holiday too. While not making you sound like a totally bitter jerk.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: V-Day (Ode to Commercial Holidays)

Quote Originally Posted by bratling View Post
    Lol. I like that it doesn't hide your feelings about it at all, and tells the truth about the holiday too. While not making you sound like a totally bitter jerk.
    Thanks! I did want to use the bitter jerk angle, but opted to save face by not being an ass-hat on V-Day. I was gonna be a total grumpy face but decided that I don't need to have any kind of negativity over a holiday that shouldn't matter to me.

This year, Valentine's Day was like Haunakah or Kwanzaa... Y'know, one of those holidays I don't celebrate because I'm not affiliated with those groups of people. I appreciate you reading my corny V-Day poem, and I hope yours turned out to be pretty decent. (The Sherminator better have done somethin' nice for you! Though, I doubt that it's easy to top... Oh, say... Two V-Day's ago? )

+ Reply to Thread