View Poll Results: Poem's new rule

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • You think this rule is stupid and you like not giving good critque on poems?

5 10.00%
  • A good rule needs to be enforced!

44 88.00%
  • I don't think there should even be a poems area, it's fake art!

1 2.00%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: -Warning-

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: -Warning-

It's not 1 line posting that you should be weary of. Just establish a minimum word/letter limit.

Edit: My post is an example why targeting 1-line posting is probably less effective than just establishing a minimum word limit. It's very, very unlikely that someone can make a valid post with 1 line, but it can be done. Another example:

"Putting a 70 letter, or a 20 (maybe 15) word, minimum limit to posting should be enough."

- 72 letters (including punctuation like parentheses and commas), 17 words (including numbers). Just to give an example of how long it would be. That quote is also one-line, to reiterate what I said in my edit above.
    Last edited by Silverskater145; Apr 30, 2006 at 07:57 PM.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah everyone just gives me the same old reply which bothers me I'm not really sure if my work is good or ppl are just not paying attention to what the are reading although kedar gives a nice paragraph on what he thinks of my work

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145
    It's not 1 line posting that you should be weary of. Just establish a minimum word limit.
    There is a character limit of 25 but still you wind up with crap like:

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or

that is awesome!!!!!!!!!

Otaku Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl's Avatar
    Thanks

ya i agree, i mean like if you havent got much to say then dont say anything at all XD

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

"its fake art!" lol love that line., but yeah i wouldnt mind enforcing a rule that will stop people from gettn a little posting here and there saying "woot,woot thats awsome" and chief is right about the "................" ppl are starting to do that too around posts., i suggest some warnings to them for being a buch of ..bunch..of...croutons!.,
    i try my best in commenting ,but it is hard to relate to other peoples poems and feelings., but that doesnt mean we have to disable post counts there XD., or should we?... naw, anyway.,i agree with this new attention bulletin Jade., *thumbs way high* ^_^

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    There is a character limit of 25 but still you wind up with crap like:

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or

that is awesome!!!!!!!!!
    Just shows how long I've been absent from this place. The next best thing is banning. I don't see why anyone would put up with people who spam !!! or .... in order to reach the 25 character limit.

I'd simply warn them/ban them. It would be good for AO.

Edit: Also, even though I didn't know there was a 25 character/letter limit, I did propose a 70 letter limit. So maybe the limit just needs to be extended. That way it eliminates !!!!!! or ..... because I'm sure people aren't THAT dumb enough to do 50 !!!!!!!!!!!!. There you go.
    Last edited by Silverskater145; Apr 30, 2006 at 08:25 PM.

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree whole-heartedly! Why bother posting if you have nothing to say??

Say whats in your heart and Mind about the subject of the thread and back that reason up with an explanation. Especially to the Poets! Who need Constructive Critiscism.

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustLoseIt
    I agree whole-heartedly! Why bother posting if you have nothing to say??

Say whats in your heart and Mind about the subject of the thread and back that reason up with an explanation. Especially to the Poets! Who need Constructive Critiscism.
    but there to a certain extent to what we can say about peoples poety, who are we to say what they should feel or use for symbols., i think the only thing you could do is elborate with them and seek what they mean behind the words they use .,
    art is free will and emotion., it cant be wrong or corrected

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast