View Poll Results: Poem's new rule

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • You think this rule is stupid and you like not giving good critque on poems?

5 10.00%
  • A good rule needs to be enforced!

44 88.00%
  • I don't think there should even be a poems area, it's fake art!

1 2.00%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: -Warning-

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: -Warning-

I'm talking about the constructive critiscism that they want OR you know is necessary.....Usually some Want it.

But poetry True like you said Sas is their feeling written on paper...and Yes who are we to say how they should feel?

But what we are concerned about is the way people drop in posts like

"Yahoo! your the best."

I mean thats okey to say but we mainly just want people to give the reasons for the answer or decision or statement they post up.^^

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SasuraiHell
    but there to a certain extent to what we can say about peoples poety, who are we to say what they should feel or use for symbols., i think the only thing you could do is elborate with them and seek what they mean behind the words they use .,
    art is free will and emotion., it cant be wrong or corrected
    Poetry isn't just about what the author meant as much as what we get out of it, not to say either is more important than the other, but that both are worth looking at. Even if we feel totally different than the author we can still share how it affect us. I mean Poe is dead and thus what he meant about his works isn't as relivent as how we feel towards his words thus why every potery class spends hours discussing his works and their affect on us and not what he might have meant. Also, true we can't tell the author how to feel but as a poety I have never taken anyones thoughts as they are trying to tell me how to fell. Overall, If it didn't do anything for you move on, if it did then state what and why. Not hard.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh yeah how could i forget Chief., the same can be said about music also., i totaly didnt realize., i guess what to say is that each person can hold some realization to someone elses work even the the artist meant otherwise., i forgot about the fundamental point about why we share art in the first place., "to each his own"., .

so i guess JustLI, is right about we do just want people to comment constructivly and have liable reasons for posting., lol from wether to stop the short comments to how art is shared amoung the artist and its viewers, Lol ahh this is what i like about a good ol offtopic that went somewhere behind its meaning,.,
    kudos to you Chief!

edit:what a little rush., i havent posted this much in months ^_^!!
    Last edited by SasuraiHell; Apr 30, 2006 at 08:46 PM.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

i used to get annoyed when no one would give me comments on how i could improve it. I am artist anyway and when i get criticism back it does help my work.

SO i think its s great rule !!
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Elie Jelly elie26 may be famous one day elie26 may be famous one day elie26's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree with SAZ. if they juz give normal comments like "great work" or stuff like tat, we won't be able to improve our work. we need more comments to help us improve so i agree with this rule.

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, I wasnt going to post in here, but then I saw the poll, so.........

In my opinion (which is probably biased since I love typing out my thoughts........) this rule is pretty obvious like the others said. I agree that it should be enforced, as it will help artists improve and keep away the people who just post for posts sake (not that every short commenter is one)

And this might even be beneficial to the poster themselves, as they will be pushed to critically evaluate the poem before commenting on it. So, I guess its a win-win situation, for both the poet and the commenter.

In short, great rule Jade ^_^
    Kastelic's creation

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

alright, we'll give the reasons for y we like it n give constructive comments.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Great post, Jade!

... XD I'm just kidding! (I'd never post one-liners... unless it was needed)
    ^_^ But of course... the rule's completely obvious...
    When it comes to commenting on an art...
    Let's say...

Art Director: This art piece from Rousseau dates back to (etc etc etc) ...

Art Commentator: Ooh... pretty!

O_o You see? That's just wrong. XD
    ^_^ Great rule, Jade. (it may be common sense... but that kind of sense isn't so common anymore)

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast