+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We Need to Live

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

We Need to Live

**Inspired by a comment I got from Bratling. "You need to write, I need to live." Thanks for being my inspiration! ^_^**

We need to live,
    not just simply exist.
    Action is the spice of life.
    It adds a little twist.

We need to laugh,
    rather than sulk all day.
    I'm knocking at your door,
    can you come out to play?

We need to live
    instead of just getting by.
    When you're a hermit, you don't
    really notice how the time flies.

We need to sing.
    Debates can only last so long.
    Put in your favorite tunes and
    let your voice be one with song.

We need to live.
    I can't stress this point enough.
    One who does nothing faces a life
    that's short and rough.

We need to love.
    Let that warm feeling in.
    Let it take over your thoughts
    and share it with your kin.

We need to live...

Newbie faia may be famous one day faia may be famous one day faia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: We Need to Live

AHH!! I LOVE IT LOLS><
    i feel like singing it heh..
    it makes me feel so happy
    ahh!! i still love it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to faia For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Jan 31, 2008)

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Interestin' way of makin' ur art imitate life, man. Incredible poem, hope u continue on.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Mage For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Jan 31, 2008)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    Interestin' way of makin' ur art imitate life, man. Incredible poem, hope u continue on.
    Hey, thanks Joe! I appreciate it. ^_^

I do my best to use my art to have some kind of relevance to everyday life. I personally believe that life imitates art, not the other way around. So, this poem can be considered an example of that idea, I guess. At any rate, I'm glad you took time to read it.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice work Sprout ^^ Really nice...

The structure of the poem is good, the rythm is nice, the thought is just great and the repetition gives a nice effect

I especially like these lines:
    "We need to live.
    I can't stress this point enough."
    These lines really just made me pay more attention again. It was like waking me up in the middle of the poem and making me understand that it's all about real life and not just a random poem

Really nice work Sprout ^^ And I always look forward to reading your poems ^^

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

I love this. It's taken me a long time to get to read it. But I'm glad you wrote it.
    "We need to live,
    not just simply exist."
    This is EXACTLY the thought I was having when I left the comment. It feels like your speaking MY mind with the whole poem actually. Because you make MY point first off and then continue to elaborate it. Congrats.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    Nice work Sprout ^^ Really nice...

The structure of the poem is good, the rythm is nice, the thought is just great and the repetition gives a nice effect

I especially like these lines:
    "We need to live.
    I can't stress this point enough."
    These lines really just made me pay more attention again. It was like waking me up in the middle of the poem and making me understand that it's all about real life and not just a random poem

Really nice work Sprout ^^ And I always look forward to reading your poems ^^
    Thanks, Lasura! ^_^ It's always a pleasure to see that you like my work! I'm glad I was able to wake you up in the middle of my poem.

Quote Originally Posted by bratling View Post
    I love this. It's taken me a long time to get to read it. But I'm glad you wrote it.
    "We need to live,
    not just simply exist."
    This is EXACTLY the thought I was having when I left the comment. It feels like your speaking MY mind with the whole poem actually. Because you make MY point first off and then continue to elaborate it. Congrats.
    Yeah, that's kinda what I was shootin' for. You and I tend to think pretty much alike and I even find myself having the same thoughts as you at the exact same moment from time to time. (Ah... The joys of having a kick-ass "ex wife" LOL.)

So, when I was writing this, it wasn't really my thoughts being put down, but OURS. ^_^

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

I love it when ya' call me the ex wifey! LOL... that sounds wrong. But yeah I get what your saying. IT's really nice to have someone else have the same idea as you if not the same thoughts. The structure of this poem along with the message you put through really suprised me. I really enjoyed it. <3

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast