+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why even bother?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Why even bother?

I constantly try,
    yet never succeed.
    Putting forth effort
    only to bleed.

Perpetually giving
    it all that I've got;
    Always acting like
    someone I'm not.

Doing my best to
    lead a good life;
    but always being jabbed
    in the back with a knife.

Tired of trying
    when I can only fail.
    Tired of losing
    my way on this trail.

It seems all is lost
    and I'll never be found,
    so just let my lie here
    by myself on the ground.

Why waste my time if
    I'll never succeed?
    What is the point if
    I'm just going to bleed?

Otaku FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why even bother?

This one makes me think if that "staircase" I'm always trying to get to the top of. I keep walking up but always walking in place or slowing crawling up... getting knocked down a lot. ... Yeah, that's what I think of ... when I read this.
    --//Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained\\--

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FallenSpiral For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Mar 10, 2008)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FallenSpiral View Post
    This one makes me think if that "staircase" I'm always trying to get to the top of. I keep walking up but always walking in place or slowing crawling up... getting knocked down a lot. ... Yeah, that's what I think of ... when I read this.
    Thanks, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one walking up an escalator that's heading in the opposite direction.

Otaku FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think my staircase is moving at that rate; ha-ha! but, I've noticed myself giving the staircase speech to a lot of people.
    --//Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained\\--

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Excellent poem, atomik. A little depressin', but sometimes that's how it goes. This poem kinda reminds me of the old sayin', "It's not the destination, but the journey along the way that matters." I understand that the road of life can b rough and that it seems like u're goin' no where fast, and BOY have I been there more than a few times; lol, but I hang in there and try ta enjoy the "little joys" along the way. Life's full of ups and downs, and I've seen more "downs" than "ups", and this poem reminds me ta hold on ta the precious memories out there that we make. Thanks for the poem, man.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    Excellent poem, atomik. A little depressin', but sometimes that's how it goes. This poem kinda reminds me of the old sayin', "It's not the destination, but the journey along the way that matters." I understand that the road of life can b rough and that it seems like u're goin' no where fast, and BOY have I been there more than a few times; lol, but I hang in there and try ta enjoy the "little joys" along the way. Life's full of ups and downs, and I've seen more "downs" than "ups", and this poem reminds me ta hold on ta the precious memories out there that we make. Thanks for the poem, man.
    And thank you for your encouraging words. I appreciate that. You should consider motivational/public speaking. You've got a way with words and you've got a knack for spotting that silver lining behind every cloud. Plus, as you said, you've been through some things; so personal experience is a plus. ^_^ Look at me rambling, LOL. Thanks again for your comments and support, Joe. I needed the helpful words.

+ Reply to Thread