+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Writers Club

Newbie Immortal Warrior may be famous one day Immortal Warrior may be famous one day Immortal Warrior's Avatar
    Thanks

Writers Club

Hey y'all. I posted a thread about getting a clubs section and I'm anxious to start up the Writers Club! I dunno' if Jadderabbit has anything coming or not on the clubs section, but until then I'm starting a thread here as an unofficial writers club! You can PM me to join or just post in the thread asking to join. I'm still looking for another manager, so if anyone is interested let me know. Here we discuss the various forms of literature, from poetry to stories to fanfics, as well as authors, novels, genres and all of the above.

Members
    1. Immortal Warrior (Owner/Manager)

First topic will be favorite book! You can say why but I'm too lazy to write it out.

LORD OF THE RINGS!!!
    Writing is life again.

Newbie Shadowboy may be famous one day Shadowboy may be famous one day Shadowboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Writers Club

I guess I'll join. I'm really good at writing anime stories and writing goth poetry. You could see some of my anime stories in Fanfics and Poems. But I just posted one. There is alot more to come.

Newbie Satoko_Hyuuga may be famous one day Satoko_Hyuuga may be famous one day Satoko_Hyuuga's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to join! Anyone can join right? I love writing.

Newbie Immortal Warrior may be famous one day Immortal Warrior may be famous one day Immortal Warrior's Avatar
    Thanks

Be warned guys, this isn't a place to advertise your stories. I want actual discussion!
    Writing is life again.

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

*sigh* For a thread that's about writers, this thread sure lacks a lot of writing. I'm sorry, please forgive me. I did not mean to be so rude -_- Sorry, guys.

I'm very passionate about writing, and since this is a writer's thread, although I am an amateur when it comes to writing and has still not acquired the worth and honor of being called as such, I will still post in this thread. I hope that after my post, I wil get to read longer posts from passionate people who considers writing of more worth... I am very much eager to hear from fellow passionate authors and writers...

As for me, I will just quote myself from another post here in AO about my favorite book:

Mine is the Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. I’ve first read it six years ago when I was still quite young, but forgot about it as time passed. By then, I was already looking for another book that I can claim as my own “favorite”, and went through a lot of fantasy books, since I love fantasy. But, just a year ago, I saw this book lying around the house. At first I ignored it; it was a children’s book, I told myself, and went on. Afterwards, I read it anyway, and from reading only the first page, I became immediately touched and sentimental, telling myself how I came to forget such a beautiful story. Right then, that was how I rediscovered it, and made it my favorite book.

The Little Prince is considered a children’s book in many aspects, because it has a very short and simple story and is filled with illustrations by the author, but for me, I don’t share the same view of it as the majority do. It is a wonderful book with a strong grasp on what a child’s true heart is: innocent, pure, and most of all, they know what truly matters in life, of what is truly a matter of consequence. Because of such a theme, I strongly recommend the book to adults, who have lost the child within them. Although we need to mature as we grow old, we must never forget how once we were also children and were still not swayed by life’s trivial matters. The fact that it is a simple story makes it all the more profound in its idea, and it’s a book that you can read many times, and still discover something new about it every time.

Uhhmmm, I do hope the others will elaborate more on why they love that particular book ^^" As for the club, I'll be thinking about it... I might not have the time for it, though.

+ Reply to Thread