+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In brightest day, in blackest night, no generic greeting thread shall escape my sight.

Newbie Cloud3514 is off to a good start
    Thanks

In brightest day, in blackest night, no generic greeting thread shall escape my sight.

So, yeah, making the obligatory and guaranteed to be awkward introduction thread. I tried to make the title interesting at least.

Anywho, I'm an all around geek, gamer, comic reader, anime and toku viewer, metal head and Transformer collector. I think we should be able to get along swimmingly.

My personal favorites games tend to vary between my moods, but I tend to point to Final Fantasy IX, Wild ARMs 2, Red Dead Redemption, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Metal Gear Solid 4. I also am hopelessly addicted to World of Warcraft and only Star Wars: The Old Republic seems to even have a chance at curing said addiction.

As for comics, as savy readers can probably tell from the thread title and my avy, I'm a huge fan of the Green Lantern, particularly John Stewart and Kyle Rayner. I'm also currently following Birds of Prey and Green Arrow, though I'll likely drop Green Arrow once Brightest Day is over.

For anime/manga, I like a lot of seinen action series, but one of my all time favorites is the manga version of Black Cat, which continues to be the only series I've collected in its entirety. On the toku side of things, pretty much just Kamen Rider.

Musically, I'm a fan of heavy metal and progressive rock, but have some tastes in other genres, especially industrial (particularly the steampunk side of industrial with artists such as Abney Park and Dr. Steel) and psychedelic rock (though that might be cheating since its almost the direct precursor to prog rock.) Particular artists include Rush, Kamelot, Judas Priest, the aforementioned Dr. Steel, Blind Guardian, Avantasia, Machinae Supremacy and Daft Punk.

So, yeah, that should about it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloud3514 For This Useful Post:

blackrose92 (Jan 21, 2011)

Newbie Princess Ashe is off to a good start Princess Ashe's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: In brightest day, in blackest night, no generic greeting thread shall escape my sight.

welocme to the forum, got a question, u like final fantasy? i only ask because your user names cloud. anyway enjoy your stay here and i hope we can be friends

Newbie Cloud3514 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: In brightest day, in blackest night, no generic greeting thread shall escape my sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Ashe View Post
    welocme to the forum, got a question, u like final fantasy? i only ask because your user names cloud. anyway enjoy your stay here and i hope we can be friends
    Yeah, I've been a fan of Final Fantasy for almost a decade now. See, I started using this user name after I first played FF7, but in the 8 or so years since, I've come to realize that FF7's really just a run of the mill title in the series, you know, great, but by no means the best in the series. In fact, my three favorite are FFIX, FFIV and FFI in that order. Likewise the ones I like least are, in order of best to worst, FFXIII (the only one of these I actually enjoy, even if the gameplay itself is repetitive and boring,) FFII (the game is horribly unbalanced and leveling system simply doesn't work,) and FFVIII (the plot is god awful with more plot craters than plot holes, plot points that make no sense whatsoever and completely uninteresting and, in a couple cases, downright stupid characters, not to mention that the gameplay is outright broken.)

Newbie Princess Ashe is off to a good start Princess Ashe's Avatar
    Thanks

mmmm... good point, you're just luckly that you havent sai anything bad about ffxii or ffx, or you'll of had to answer to me. anyway clouds one of my fave male ff characters, balthier has to be first.

+ Reply to Thread