That language is Latin.You could certainly get a good foundation in that time, and then go abroad to refine your skills, though.You can learn to "get by" in a language in a shorter amount of time.Specialization in the humanities or social sciences like anthropology could benefit from different languages by field, as I mentioned.In that class we also had outside homework assignments in which we had to use a computer program that would speak the Spanish to use and then we would have to complete the work based upon what was spoken. french rosetta stone What are the best programs to use? I thought of getting some CD's that I could put on my ipod and play whenever I also see Rosetta Stone commercials saying that they work the best.And since I am the type of learner who likes to understand how the langauge works and use correct grammar and language as much as possible, I advise adult EFL students of mine to buy a workbook or two that explain grammar and language patterns.I don't know how old you are, but there have been multiple studies that show that learning a foreign language becomes more difficult in your early teens and then much more so around the age of 27, although you usually have an advantage if you already speak another one fluently.Original Post by peacecalilove:In that class we also had outside homework assignments in which we had to use a computer program that would speak the Spanish to use and then we would have to complete the work based upon what was spoken. cheap rosetta stone german The best advice I can give you is to poll professors in that field.Regardless of what your goal is, I'd say speak as much as possible with your DH, watch TV, read.That language is Latin.Study 12 other foreign languages for fun or personal interest, not for work.We use a scale that determines how difficult or time consuming different foreign languages can be for English speakers. rosetta stone coupon Mandarin is the most universally spoken of all of all languages, with over onesixth of the world's population speaking it; twice as many as english.I can't afford courses right now and wouldn't have time anyway.And, it might take a good student 2 years of this to achieve minimal fluency.You have a native speaker with you wich is the best way to do it, I would get your DH to speak Spanish all the time at home, incl with you.If your business deals heavily with the EU or the UN, French probably would be advisable. rosetta stone german We have three languages at home.To really get comfortable with a language, you do really need to spend a lot of time with native speakers.If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional.If you discover many of the early scholars in the field published in another language, say German (I made that up for illustrative purposes), then that would be beneficial as well.Just wanted to see if anyone has any tips on the best way to learn a new language as an adult with very limited time and resources. french rosetta stone My suggestion would be to invest in some programs, but if it is possible I would enroll in some kind of class that can help you learn the languages.Which language would be the most benefic.And other countries in America that will help US, now you will ask why them? well because the cost to import product to US from America is cheap, pus all this International foring trade means that a lot of companies from US they will need people to speak Spanish and English and let me tell you they pay very good.While these two languages are essential in the global world of economics, the scholarly world benefits from an entirely different language.Your use of the site indicates your agreement to be bound by the Terms of Use. rosetta stone software You can do it, but it would be really hectic doing 3 languages at once.A reading knowledge of French on the other hand might be expected to be picked up on the side (over breakfast!) for some humanities PhD students (obviously outside of the Romance languages).Of course, travel is the best way to accomplish this.The best advice I can give you is to poll professors in that field.French and Spanish are both Category 1 languages, which require an average of 600 class hours to attain proficiency. rosetta stone ?Learning new language as an adultWhile these two languages are essential in the global world of economics, the scholarly world benefits from an entirely different language.Also, like I mentioned earlier, my husband speaks Turkish, and he has found that since he has been in the United States and away from being able to speak his language on a continuous basis, he sometimes does forget a lot of the words.Original Post by peacecalilove:I don't know if it'd take longer because I spent 3 semesters in Spanish and still was not fluent. rosetta stone online Similarly, if you are pursuing Islamic Civilization, modern literary Arabic would be of initial interest.Once again the trick is to start easy (disney) and progress into heavier works of art.I think if I had a refresher course a lot of the words would come back to me though.An oldworld language not thought of often by the average person.After dozens of books a lot of words are picked up by context. the rosetta stone If you have a mic for your computer you can talk to people from around the world who just want to practice speaking their studied foreign language.And other countries in America that will help US, now you will ask why them? well because the cost to import product to US from America is cheap, pus all this International foring trade means that a lot of companies from US they will need people to speak Spanish and English and let me tell you they pay very good.I also took three years of Spanish in High School but I can feel it all slipping away from me.Don't be disappointed if that timeframe doesn't work out.The language you use as a couple has little bearing on your son.
rosetta stone discount I don't know how old you are, but there have been multiple studies that show that learning a foreign language becomes more difficult in your early teens and then much more so around the age of 27, although you usually have an advantage if you already speak another one fluently.I want to learn all of them in 4 years for when I graduate and apply for the peace corps.The language you use as a couple has little bearing on your son.Mandarin is the most universally spoken of all of all languages, with over onesixth of the world's population speaking it; twice as many as english.That doesn't mean it's impossible by any means I've successfully taught students in their late 60s who made remarkable improvements in their English just that you have to work harder at it and it may take longer.