+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello all

Newbie ShinigamiGurl is off to a good start ShinigamiGurl's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello all

Ok, so I FINALLY found a good place to watch anime online so I'm really happy about that. I've been living and working in China and Japan for the last 9 years and this is one of the only things that I can find that have English subtitles- so it's a big help. I've been into anime and manga for a very long time...just about 24 years. When I was in the US I had a large collection and most people thought I was crazy, until anime and manga finally went semi-mainstream. Every Friday I would go to a small import shop or drive 2 hours to get to Little Tokyo to find them...and I actually miss that a lot, but finding both new and old online is really great.

I really can't remember my first anime or manga...and I don't really have a 'favorite' anymore. This is the only way I get any mental stimulation these days as I now live in the mountains of China in a remote town where I'm the only person who speaks English (well besides my husband but he's Chinese and doesn't talk to me all that much since we're always busy). So I spend all my time searching out new manga and anime. Up until last week it was really for me to find any anime with English subtitles. I can speak some Japanese and some Chinese but I'm not fluent enough to keep up with the dialogue (Japanese or Chinese dubbed which are easiest to find here). I actually found AnimeHere while reading manga on Mangafox.

I'm into a broad range of genres but I don't like horror at all- and most Shounen is not really my thing either but if it's got a good story I'll watch. Shoujo is OK but it does get annoying when they are all weak women...so I try to mix it up as much as possible. Yaoi is my favorite, but it really just depends on what I find interesting at the moment.

I'm currently watching Full Metal Panic Second Raid (since I really liked the first one but never could get any of the rest before), Hanbun No Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, and I'm trying to find a place to watch uragiri wa boku no namae wo shitteiru. It's a little tricky since I'm in China and we're behind 'The Great Firewall' so I have to bounce around looking for places that I have access to and rotating free proxies (they get shut down if the government notices them).

I'm just really glad that someone was nice enough to make a site like this and I was lucky enough to find it- if anyone on the staff reads this please pass on my thanks to the rest. Thank you.

Otaku vishichen is off to a good start vishichen's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hello all

heeey
    i'm vishi, nice to meet ya
    i really like ur intro i'm impressed u are living in china? but why in the mountains? ;D

Newbie Koichi is off to a good start Koichi's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi, I'm Koichi.
    So you like yaoi? Do you know "Yellow"? It's one of my favorite Mangas.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

welcome to AO and that is what this site is all about people who love anime and really enjoy the manga that some of the anime come from like blue seed for instance best manga AND anime ever in my opinion. i hope you enjoy your stay here and make some friends . pm me if you have any problems.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Newbie Daisuke Dark is off to a good start Daisuke Dark's Avatar
    Thanks

Daisuke-Welcome! Im Daisuke
    Dark-and im Dark nice to meet you
    Daisuke- you like Yaoi? you ever read Gakun (soory cant spell) Heaven Nakajima or calling to you? Thos are ok Yoai.
    Dark- wow china? thats awersome

Daisuke-Im Daisuke Niwa!
    Dark- And Im the great Phantom thief Dark!

Newbie ShinigamiGurl is off to a good start ShinigamiGurl's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello Daiuke Dark-
    Never really got around to reading Gakuen Heaven (watched the anime though) and I actually don't really know the English names of any of the manga I read...just the Japanese. Now a Daisuke x dark combo would be really NICE to read!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!"

Otaku vishichen is off to a good start vishichen's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah before some days i just started to read gakuen, it's a pretty good yaoi, even though i prefer longer story line about the protagonists

Newbie Daisuke Dark is off to a good start Daisuke Dark's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiGurl View Post
    Hello Daiuke Dark-
    Never really got around to reading Gakuen Heaven (watched the anime though) and I actually don't really know the English names of any of the manga I read...just the Japanese. Now a Daisuke x dark combo would be really NICE to read!
    Ah.. fair enough.. wait its an anime!?
    really? well thats DNANGEL then!

Daisuke-Im Daisuke Niwa!
    Dark- And Im the great Phantom thief Dark!

+ Reply to Thread