+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Howdy!

Newbie Roundcon is off to a good start
    Thanks

Howdy!

Howdy!

My name is Sean and I am an anime fan and gamer trapped in South Carolina! I very much like a lot of the old school titles, such as Lodoss Wars, Bubblegum Crisis and dare I say Sailor Moon! I am currently working my way through Valkrie Chronicles (spelling?) and so far really like it. (I don't think I have ever seen an anime that I did not like some aspect of it.

As far as gaming goes, I do table-top games like Dungeons and Dragons, Big Eyes Small Mouth and Babylon 5 Wars. I love telling interactive story telling. I also play a lot of XBOX 360 and the occasional World of Warcraft.

When I am not watching anime or gaming, I can be found fixing someone's computer. I am a freelance IT person. Job is interesting some days, but most of the time I am just cleaning off spyware.

That is me in a nutshell!

-Sean Martinez

Newbie Captain Molesto is off to a good start Captain Molesto's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Howdy!

Quote Originally Posted by Roundcon View Post
    Howdy!

My name is Sean and I am an anime fan and gamer trapped in South Carolina! I very much like a lot of the old school titles, such as Lodoss Wars, Bubblegum Crisis and dare I say Sailor Moon! I am currently working my way through Valkrie Chronicles (spelling?) and so far really like it. (I don't think I have ever seen an anime that I did not like some aspect of it.

As far as gaming goes, I do table-top games like Dungeons and Dragons, Big Eyes Small Mouth and Babylon 5 Wars. I love telling interactive story telling. I also play a lot of XBOX 360 and the occasional World of Warcraft.

When I am not watching anime or gaming, I can be found fixing someone's computer. I am a freelance IT person. Job is interesting some days, but most of the time I am just cleaning off spyware.

That is me in a nutshell!

-Sean Martinez
    You sound awesome hahaha Of course what exactly is big eyes small mouth?
    Enlighten me.

darksmiley is off to a good start
    Thanks

I'm an IT guy in South Carolina too. Play WoW and Aion, watch all kinds of Anime... saw my first Anime in 1989. Collect Manga and Artbooks. The usual stuff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Molesto View Post
    You sound awesome hahaha Of course what exactly is big eyes small mouth?
    Enlighten me.
    Thanks!

Big Eyes Small Mouth is a table top role-playing originally written by Guardians of Order. The game uses only 3 stats to simulate the feel of anime and manga. Its a fun game and rather easy to play. You really can do anything you can imagine as far as settings and character types go. White Wolf Publishing now puts out the game.

There was that dark time where they did a D20 version of the game. That did not work well, IMHO.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darksmiley View Post
    I'm an IT guy in South Carolina too. Play WoW and Aion, watch all kinds of Anime... saw my first Anime in 1989. Collect Manga and Artbooks. The usual stuff.
    Awesome! I have not played Aion yet. Played a lot of Star Craft 2 recently.

The first anime I saw, and realized it was anime, was Warriors of Wind (Nausicaa) on HBO. Prior to that I had watched the G-Force. I never got to see Robotech when it was on the air. I have since corrected that

Do you cosplay?

darksmiley is off to a good start
    Thanks

Nope don't mess with cosplay that much. Robotech was my first anime.. i remember watching it on some wild feed big satellite channel. on F2 or F3 or something.

Newbie Captain Molesto is off to a good start Captain Molesto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roundcon View Post
    Thanks!

Big Eyes Small Mouth is a table top role-playing originally written by Guardians of Order. The game uses only 3 stats to simulate the feel of anime and manga. Its a fun game and rather easy to play. You really can do anything you can imagine as far as settings and character types go. White Wolf Publishing now puts out the game.

There was that dark time where they did a D20 version of the game. That did not work well, IMHO.
    Thanks I'm going to go check it out sometime today.

+ Reply to Thread