Ok, so I FINALLY found a good place to watch anime online so I'm really happy about that. I've been living and working in China and Japan for the last 9 years and this is one of the only things that I can find that have English subtitles- so it's a big help. I've been into anime and manga for a very long time...just about 24 years. When I was in the US I had a large collection and most people thought I was crazy, until anime and manga finally went semi-mainstream. Every Friday I would go to a small import shop or drive 2 hours to get to Little Tokyo to find them...and I actually miss that a lot, but finding both new and old online is really great.

I really can't remember my first anime or manga...and I don't really have a 'favorite' anymore. This is the only way I get any mental stimulation these days as I now live in the mountains of China in a remote town where I'm the only person who speaks English (well besides my husband but he's Chinese and doesn't talk to me all that much since we're always busy). So I spend all my time searching out new manga and anime. Up until last week it was really for me to find any anime with English subtitles. I can speak some Japanese and some Chinese but I'm not fluent enough to keep up with the dialogue (Japanese or Chinese dubbed which are easiest to find here). I actually found AnimeHere while reading manga on Mangafox.

I'm into a broad range of genres but I don't like horror at all- and most Shounen is not really my thing either but if it's got a good story I'll watch. Shoujo is OK but it does get annoying when they are all weak women...so I try to mix it up as much as possible. Yaoi is my favorite, but it really just depends on what I find interesting at the moment.

I'm currently watching Full Metal Panic Second Raid (since I really liked the first one but never could get any of the rest before), Hanbun No Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, and I'm trying to find a place to watch uragiri wa boku no namae wo shitteiru. It's a little tricky since I'm in China and we're behind 'The Great Firewall' so I have to bounce around looking for places that I have access to and rotating free proxies (they get shut down if the government notices them).

I'm just really glad that someone was nice enough to make a site like this and I was lucky enough to find it- if anyone on the staff reads this please pass on my thanks to the rest. Thank you.