+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Konnichiwa to all on Animeonline

Newbie Shichiya may be famous one day Shichiya may be famous one day Shichiya's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Konnichiwa to all on Animeonline

Hello everyone i am one of the newest members of Animeonline and i hope my knowledge of anime will be useful to some of you and prehaps i will make some new online friends.

My real name is Lee although you can call me Rain or Shichiya since alot of my anime loving friends on other chat sites call me that and i want to not seem like i am one of those idiotic loners who come to rooms to moan, i wanna be as approachable as a Big Brother to some of the young newcomers to anime or/and animeonline whilst being a good friend to all the veterans too.

i have been an anime fan for 11 years now although i didnt watch much anime for the first 4 years because there wasnt alot of anime on TV in my country (still isn't ), what got me into anime was actually a very controversial anime/ Hentai (depends how you feel about it) called Urotsukidoji or "Legends of the overfiend"...of course i know that to say this will be creepy to some of you that have seen it but i actually loved the movie cos at the title the drawings being realistic rather than cartoony plus the realistion that in anime they actually show the body was like...well i can't describe it too well to be honest but to know animation can be for adults was like a dream come true for a kid watching cartoon, ya know too old for cartoon...time from Anime lol.

after a four year dought of anime a new channel called Toonami came on and bought with a series known as Tenchi Muyo and i don't need to tell you i was hooked to the TV at the moment this show started till the show ended but it was episode 4 that i discovered the Polictic correctness issue affected anime too because the episode as shown in a hot spring and the female character where meant to be nude but do to the water shed time it had to be editted which would have be ok but how did they do it...with fine drawing to give them a bikini that would be hard to spot...Hell no they did what you usually did as a kid, they took a pink pen and coloured the parts in, it was aweful and easily spotted by alot of people and since that moment i rarely watched Anime on TV unless i had to....

soooo i became an anime collector buying Anime from the stores and the net trying to find the biggest named titles out there to watch myself because as i said before there was alot of Anime in my country (i live in UK if you wondering) and soon i was watching titles like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Excel Saga, 3 x 3 eyes and many more all uncut and unedit which for me is how anime should and hopefully one day on TV will be watched. At the start of my collecting i was about 16/ 17 and of course Tenchi muyo was one of the first series i bought as a huge box set...i am now 22 and my collection is now within the region of 300 or so series and 130 movies (no i didnt get that wrong i meant 300 SERIES and 130 MOVIES).

what do i feel is the main points of a good anime are well lets see now
    1. opening song and Sequence- this has to capture the audience and make them see the series more
    2. a good first episode - if the first episode sucks the fan will be convinced that the entire series will suck too
    3. a better second episode - if the first episode is a success an anime fan will tell his/ her friends and they will wanna see it too so you need the second to capture the late arrivals
    4. characters - these must be able to capture each form of fans out there so you need a male, female, the funny pervert, dark skinned and so now (personally i like dark skinned anime girl cos they are cute and rare in anime *lil know fact did you know a Tanned character is meant to either Ditzy or slutty*
    5. easy to follow plot - you dont want to watch an anime that makes you have to use too much brain power to figure whats going on
    6. Fanservice - we all know that fanservice is important in an anime in the correct doses so you looking at 1 episode per 13, 2 per 26 or in the case of Ranma 1/2 1 ever 2 episodes lol
    7. ending - if you are going to finish a series you want everything cleared up or you know you will have to wait for the movie or OVA of course not all anime OVA are thought out properly take Elfen Lied for example...Lucy/ Nyuu does tell the guy that he was her only friend growing up...in the OVA its show that Lucy had a female friend too that was killed before she was captured...BIG whoopsie from the creators

i think that should do me for now i hope people do read this and take an interest in me and wanna be friends...

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Konnichiwa to all on Animeonline

wow.....................well,uh welcome and pm me if u ever want...............good long introduction!

Newbie Shichiya may be famous one day Shichiya may be famous one day Shichiya's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm ever this is too long or i am unpopular...alot of people get 10 - 20 replys i get ONE (although i am grateful to you Shu for replying)

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

no no no no! People will like you, and I'm on that list. Welcome to AO, and have fun fun fun posting.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Neat introduction; one of a kind. ^_^

Welcome to AO. Have Fun! Nice to meet you...!

P.S. Post count really amounts to nothing, just stay active. ^_^

Thanks

thank you Mr K and Kedar its a pleasure to meet both of you and hope we soon become friends (or brothers cos i feel anime fans are like a big family)
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    who thinks i wrote TOO much???
    Last edited by Shichiya; Apr 24, 2006 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

wow, you wrote a lot!! that is great!! YAY!! ^^ welcome to AO!! feel free to PM me if you ever want to chat!! have fun!!
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW!... oh yes...Hi, hello and Welcome to AO! I hope u like it here! feel free to pm me if u or bored or want to Chat!^^
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast