+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Guy

jltaser is off to a good start
    Thanks

New Guy

Hi ya folks,

I couldn't ignore the notice so here it goes.

I'm a 22 year old college graduate, newly out of school and unemployed. This I don't mind one bit for now =P.

I've been a long time anime viewer now and can't express enough the joys of learning life lessons from this form of media. Movies and tv shows in America are pretty cool, but the selection is quite lacking if you're looking for a philosophically enriching experience. Most of the stuff here is catered to the simple minded dreamer--synonymous to the American dream for obvious reasons. I know this is a broad generalization that is becoming self-contradictory day by day and I'm glad to see it so.

I started off on Ranma 1/2 and Naruto (either in 02 or prior), which was entertaining, yet profoundly influential on a young and inexperienced me. Ranma 1/2 was a good introduction but didn't hook me for life-pertaining reasons like Naruto did. It was after watching some of Naruto that I realized anime was different from the cartoons I usually see on TV--different for how dramatically communicated themes and moral lessons were present upon reflection. Soon after, I encroached upon Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Fullmetal Alchemist and other great philosophical works of art. I haven't stopped since and feel that I grow and progress as I watch. For me, these things aren't only entertainment, but also an informal textbook to the mysteries of life itself.

Although I usually hone my attention to the more complicated anime whenever I spot them. I still love good entertainment and watch anime and play videogames of all sorts for their great storytelling and presentation.

To give you an idea of the range I've watched, here's a few: Ouran High School Host Club, GTO, Lucky Star, The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Black Lagoon, Code Geass, and a few others.

Videogames that rule (on the Sony platform): Final Fantasy VII, Xenosaga Episodes 1-3, Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner, Ace Combat series, Disgaea, etc.

I'm fairly knowledgable in general so don't be afraid to ask anything that comes up to mind.
    Thanks for reading!

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New Guy

Welcome to AO!! I'm sure you'll fit in here!! We're a nice family community(well some aren't but hey that's just them!!!). Make sure you read the rules and know what you are doing before you post. That is very important!!! >.<

If you like those animes, one I recomend right now is K-ON. I love that show....
    As for games I've alwasy love the Tales of series. Great games...*sigh* Everyone knows my obession of that series...

Hope to see you around in the forums. ^^

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

jltaser is off to a good start
    Thanks

Smile Re: New Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Welcome to AO!! I'm sure you'll fit in here!! We're a nice family community(well some aren't but hey that's just them!!!). Make sure you read the rules and know what you are doing before you post. That is very important!!! >.<

If you like those animes, one I recomend right now is K-ON. I love that show....
    As for games I've alwasy love the Tales of series. Great games...*sigh* Everyone knows my obession of that series...

Hope to see you around in the forums. ^^
    Thx Renn,

I did as you said and noticed this kind of response was a-okay according to the FAQs. =P

On a side note:
    I forgot to mention that one of the best things about anime, by far, is the soundtrack!!! I have a soft spot for Japanese composers like Nobuo Uematsu, Yuki Kajiura, Toshio Masuda, and many others for bringing out the vast emotions in anime and videogames.
    How did I leave such an important attribute out?! =O

The Tales series...I know of it and I'll definitely look into it once I clear through the Ar Tonelico series, Valkyria Chronicles, and Suikoden V. It's a gamer's duty to play all the good stuff, lol.

P.S. For those of you that haven't heard them yet, Yuki Kajuira's Xenosaga III soundtrack is epic. And even though I haven't started playing Ar Tonelico yet, I couldn't help but listen in awe through the first Ar Tonelico soundtrack (should've waited until i played it first for that all important first time impression. Won't repeat this mistake for AT II, lol).

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New Guy

Welcome to animeonline. You are in the right place. I love just about any type of anime as long as the story line is good. Since you have a wide knowledge base you may want to contribute to the review forum.

+ Reply to Thread