+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Nyaa!!! New here! ^_^

Newbie DeeDee is off to a good start DeeDee's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Nyaa!!! New here! ^_^

Hiyas! Nice to meet ya!
    I am new to this forum, but not new to anime by far. I've been a fan of anime since the Sailor Moon days at age 12, which I try not to brag about often because it's... well, Sailor Moon. I ran out of space in the "Favorite anime" field, because I've seen many and love a handful of them, so asking me what is my favorite will gain you a whole laundry list. I don't just have one or two that I like or like more than other. I know, that's weird. But I am beyond weird, in general.
    But I did wonder why I haven't thought to join an anime forum before? I'm always on the net and chatting with others about it, but I saw this site in google search and said to myself, "Oh, why not?"

Characters that I LOVE and feel that I can relate to: L (from Death Note), Ed (from Cowboy Bebop), Vash (from Trigun), Naruto (well, you know where), Edward Elric (from Full Metal Alchemist), Saya (from Blood+), Satsuski (from My Neighbor Totoro), Lain (from Serial Experiments Lain), and Fuu (from Samurai Champloo). I want to say Kuroneko from Trigun and the Susuwatari (sootballs) from Studio Ghibli films too, but then again I can only relate to them in the way that goes, "AWWWWWWW! They're too cute!!!!"

I'm constantly looking for some new anime to try, so if any suggestions, please feel free to mention. Though, I should warn you that I've seen all of Studio Ghibli films, so no need to bother there. And I may have seen some that may be mentioned, so please don't get annoyed. Either way, your help is always appreciated.
    Ranma likes this.

Newbie BlackJack Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion, Grow Champion Ranma is off to a good start Ranma's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Nyaa!!! New here! ^_^

Yeah i'm going to be honest with you, I didn't exactly read all of your rather lengthy intro, but I did skim it, and I loved Sailor Moon too^^! I'm Ranma, and welcome to the forum!
    Girls make the world go round, didn't you know that already?

mindlessauthor is off to a good start
    Thanks

im new here too ^_^ as well as rather strange XD so dont worry you're definitely not alone in either respect. i relate to a lot of characters in anime but i think its because i have an empathetic personality and so i tend to empathize with a good many aspects of other people. but if i were to say i "REALLY RELATE" to a man in anime its probably kyouya of ouran high school host club, we both have daddy issues, we both have excellent composure, we feel the same about a lot of things deep down, and he and i share a keen business sense.

Thanks

Odd, you thought it was lengthy?
    I assure you, I can write so much longer than a few paragraphs. That was me writing something short and simple. ^o^
    But yes, I loved Sailor Moon as a kid, but now that I look back on that anime I say, "What was I thinking???" Which, was explained in my rather lengthy intro.
    Anyways, nice to meet you, Ranma.

Thanks

Hiyas, mindlessauthor!
    Well, that's one anime I hear about often but haven't seen yet. But Kyouya sounds awesome.
    I'm not overly empathetic or can relate to most anime characters, but every once in a while I come across one or two that I really can relate too. It doesn't make one anime better than the other, but it is kind of cool when it happens.

Thanks

i love when that kinda thing happens. its always an interesting perspective to try and look at yourself on camera so to speak. the people you relate to dont always react in ways that you predict with "nail on the head" accuracy and its very interesting to see what you might learn about yourself sometimes from seeing yourself outside the box...forgive my nerdy ramblings there...

Thanks

No, it's not nerdy at all! Or, I don't think so. ^o^
    You're very right about that, it is awesome to see yourself outside of the box. A lot of times a character will do something that seems so strange and unpredictable, yet when I think about how I would react in such a situation, it's so similar. Then I'm in awe, learning something new about myself that I otherwise wouldn't have noticed. For example, with Vash from Trigun, I notice that he tends to put on a facade of goofiness to water down his deeper self. He does it to not frighten others and to cover up the fact that he is indeed the "humanoid typhoon", or to keep from tipping his hand to any bad guys who dare challenge him. I had wondered, "why doesn't he be himself and show his awesomeness? What's with the goofy???"... but then I realized I do the same thing with others, my goofy/nerdy self is to not intimidate others and to blend in with a crowd. ^_-

Thanks

thats interesting, really im the total opposite of that. since i feel i shouldnt hide things from people im very direct and very openhearted and honest. i wear my heart on my sleeve you could say if we were to go with cliches. the only time i hold back is when there is sadness...i dont typically try and talk to people about whats bothering me other than maybe one or two people i know, because i hate making people feel sad just because im not ok. it doesnt mean i should ruin their day just cause im having a bad one, ya know what i mean?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast