+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to color a human

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

How to color a human

I wrote it^^
    as the headline is already telling u, this tut is about how to color a
    real human.... well, i just found out about this while i was making a new wallpaper
    and wanted to use a nice picture of keira knightley... but all i found was a black white one
    so i wanted one with color.... and i tried really hard to figure out
    how to color black/white pictures and now i wanna show u how to do it^^
    here's a picture how it looks before and after the coloring:

then, let's start. first i will give u the picture i used for this tut:::

a-1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1) open that picture in ur photoshop
    2) make a new layer( u can name it skin)
    3) now take a soft round brush and start coloring the skin with that color: #d98f4d
    (first i was using another color [#c79f73] but her skin looked so pale that i changed it)
    don't get irritated by that bright orange color... it will look ok in the end , believe me ^^
    oh and leave out parts like lips and eyes... they will get another color later ;D
    if ur done with the coloring change the mode from "normal" to "soft light"

4) now make a new layer and name it "hair". we'll color the hair now... take a nice brown [#66480d] and color the hair in the same way
    u colored the skin.... oh and before i forget it,.... if you messed it up a bit or colored too much (maybe a bit of the skin or the background) just take the eraser and erase it^^ u can also color some parts of the hair with a brighter or darker color to make some strands (hope that was the right word) then set the layer mode to soft light like u did with the skin layer^^
    5) u know what happens next right?? now we'll color the lips. make a new layer and that color: #c75748
    when ur done set it to soft light^^
    6) then make a new layer for the eyes. i dunno what eyecolor she has... i just took a dark blue... #151f59 and set it to soft light

7)hmmm. what else... we could give her a make up^^ make a new layer for the rouge and take that color: #d8ad92
    u should make the brush a bit bigger and lower the oppacity

and now make a circle on her cheek.

and set the laxer mode to soft light^^
    8) now we can also color her eyebrows... take a dark brwon color... or a color that looks nice. i took the haircolor.
    when ur done, set it to soft light.
    9) now the eyes.... i gave her a very light and simple make up... i used two colors: #e5dbd5 ; #88765d
    now do it like i did in the picture and set the layer to soft light:

10) actually ur done.... i just took a blue color and colored the window in the background... is that even a window? O.O and set it to soft light.

now ur really done! i hope this tut did help u^^ i think it looks really real O.O
    till the next time
    my final picture looks like this
    untitled.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Last edited by The GunGrave of Trigun; Dec 02, 2008 at 04:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread