+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Photoshop] Liquid Abstract

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

[Photoshop] Liquid Abstract

This is a tutorial for doing the intense liquid-ish backgrounds that I've been using lately. It only takes about 5 minutes; quick and easy.

First, open a new file at any size (I used 500px by 500px for this one) and make the background black.

Next use Filter-Render-Lens Flare ... use the default settings and place it anywhere on the image. You can use more than one, I used two.

The next step is to go to Filter-Sketch-Chrome
    Use these settings : Detail = 11 , Smoothness = 0
    It should look something like this:

Now press ctrl+j to duplicate the layer. Set the blending mode to lighten and duplicate the layer at least 4 more times. I used 7 total layers.

Select the first duplicated image and go to Filter-Distort-Wave
    Hit randomize until you get the effect you want. You can do this multiple times with each layer, I did it twice for each. You should get something to the effect of this:

next proceed to do the random waves on all but the original layer and the last two layers. You should get something like this:

Now we'll do a distortion effect on the last two layers just to add a subtle spin effect. Select the second to last layer and go to Filter-Distort-Twirl and use any value. I used 200 for this one. Next go to the last layer and go to Filter-Distort-Twirl and use the same value as before, only negative. I used -200.
    It should look somewhat like this:

Now merge the layers (ctrl+shift+e) and add color (ctrl+u). Make sure you check the colorize button and get whatever color you desire. I went for an icy-blue.
    Looks like this:

This looks good, but of you want it to be more intense, than there's one more thing you have to do. Go to Filter-Blur-Gaussian and use the default of 3.0px. Now go to Edit-Fade Gaussian and set it to either Overlay or Soft Light. I used soft light and it looks like this:

This should be an easy way to get an awesome intense liquid effect to your designs.

ENJOY! ~ Zarriff

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: [Photoshop] Liquid Abstract

Thank you ^^;; I tried this the first time and it came out perfect. Nice tutorial Zarriff

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally love this tutorial, and I've used it several times.

here are some examples of what can be done with this tutorial:

SA . .t.3.h.e.v.i.l.
    SA . -flames-of-hell- - This one I used a stock photo of a burning bush and skipped the Chrome step, and I got the sweet assed wall of fire.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh thats freaking sweet. I was looking for a tutorial like this. I'm going use this one alot.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

This is such a good one i havent used it yet but i surely wil
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

nice...i can do it the easy way now , but which phtoshop do you have? i have cs 2

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exderz View Post
    nice...i can do it the easy way now , but which phtoshop do you have? i have cs 2
    I use CS, simply because CS2 tends to lag quite a bit more and a lot of the hot-keys are different from what I'm used to.

+ Reply to Thread