+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Photoshop] Signature Tutorial 1 - Beginner

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

[Photoshop] Signature Tutorial 1 - Beginner

Signature Tutorial #1: Brushing - Beginner

Brush set used: Direct effect by ~koolkidd77 on deviantART

Alright, start off by making a new document that is 450 pixels wide and 110 pixels high (or any size that fits forum rules). Now, paint the background black, like so:

Now, to start the brushing. For those who have never brushed before, I'll go into a bit of detail. For brushing you want to alternate brushes (and sometimes choose different brush sets) and apply them with a single click, no dragging. A second or third click will increase the intensity of the brush.

So, start your brushing like so (and use white):

Now continue doing this, alternating brushes, until you come up with something similar to this:

Normally, if you wanted, you could top there for the brushing. But we're not going to. Make a new layer, and set the foreground color to black. Do so until you come up with something similar to this:

Once again, if you want, you can stop there. Or... ou can do the following. Make a new layer, and set the blending mode to overlay. Brush the layer using white for the foreground color until you get something like this:

Next, create a new layer and set the blending mode to overlay. Depending on the image you want to use in thi, if any, you may want to use different colors, or multiple colors. For the image I'm using (a recycled image from my last sig, a Cadillac Cien) I'm going to use a blueish-grey. Use the fill tool to paint the layer any color you wih, but make sure the layer is set to overlay. Here are some examples:

Now you want to choose a render to use on the sig (which you've probably already done). In my case, I'll be useing a recycled car render. resize it and position it as you see fit. The mater of blending the render to fir with the background is a bit more complicated than that, but it will be covered in a later tutorial.

Banned Sapphire Blade may be famous one day Sapphire Blade may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: [Photoshop] Signature Tutorial 1 - Beginner

i take offense to this "sig." My profession is making cpu gfx and games, and i can tell you that this is not a "signature,"beginner or otherwise. You can't do a few steps and say your done. Photomanipulation requires more than the changing of colors. Sorry, but this really irritated me.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: [Photoshop] Signature Tutorial 1 - Beginner

First off; It says "beginner," as in the very basics of making a sig that is TYPICAL of beginner sigs. And that is a render, brushing, and a single color. I never mentioned that it was a complete, professional signature.

Second; No one says what is and what isn't a signature. All it has to be is text or any image in the right place, and it's a signature (as far as forum signatures go). Not to mention, this doesn't really qualify as a photo-manipulation.

Third; What irritates one may very well please another. This is a tool to help beginners get past the filter whore signatures and take a step into the deeper signature making. All this tutorial is meant to do is demonstrate how brushing works in a brush only background. And, to no offense, if your "profession" is graphic design, then you have a lot of work to do...

Case closed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zarriff For This Useful Post:

manlock32 (Apr 20, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread