How about we learn a little of what a c4d is this time.

A c4d is a 3-dimensional object rendered in the program cinema 4-d. there are many uses and applications for these images but i mainly use them as resources for sigs.
they can however, be used in LP's, vectors, photo manipulations and much more.

there are many different kinds of c4d's but the most prominent i've found are effect c4d's and regular ones. first let's take a look at effect c4d's; the image below is what one may look like.

now, even though it looks like a piece you'd set as your desktop, it's not. any part of this image can be used in a piece of art. you can even vectorize the c4d itself to change its appearance.

how to use
paste the c4d onto you sig or resize it then paste. move the c4d until some of the picture is on your canvas, then simply choose a blending style you like. from there you can add filters onto it, erase, smudge, and many other things. because the background is fully black, it will not appear on most settings, i do however recommend that you use lighten as your main blending style most of the time unless you know how to blend the c4d into your sig on a different style.

i'll show you a couple examples of a c4d placed into a sig, then explain a bit how i placed it there:

mostly i've seen effect c4d's used in sprite style, but don't let that hinder you from experimenting.
so what i did was i placed some random circles s my base then smudged them and simply started adding in my c4d's. one of the biggest hassles of working with these types of c4d's is the placement and erasing you'll have to do and here, there definitely is a limit to how much c4d's you can use.
by their name they re effect enhancements you add and if you put in to many, it'll be all effect with no focal.
color is also a fair factor to think on when using these. bright and opposing colors mesh very well but more toned down, compatible colors work well also.

lets move on to the regular c4d's; this is what one may look like:

many times you can tell the difference between the types by their look. this looks nothing like the e-c4d above.
the things you'd use in these are the shapes the colored areas make onto you're background.
speaking of backgrounds, the recommended color i suggest is black or any other very dark color. the c4d's and effects show up in their true brilliance when you have a colorless background for them to feed off.

as before, you can manipulate these c4d's in any way you can imagine and the color laws still apply as to the maximums. however, with these it is possible to use as many as you want without fear of crowding as in the next image.

the entire sig here is made up of c4d's. it's all placement, i didn't adjust colors or smudge or anything. the finishing touches include four circles of light and minor distortion.
however, i used the same c4d only twice and each other part is from a different c4d.

so, in conclusion, a c4d is an object rendered in 3-d to help designers add spice to their work. there must be an understanding of the image to use it in a way that you like the final result.

tune in next time for some more in depth talk on c4d!