+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tutorial on how to draw your first manga character[?]

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Tutorial on how to draw your first manga character[?]

Thanks a lot everyone.

I guess I chose the wrong picture and pose to use as a tutorial.

I was thinking instead of teaching how to draw the standard 'I-face-you-You-face-me' upfront, I thought that making the character look like she has some personality or something.

Because I've seen other tutorials where the character just stare back.

Anyway, I won't say anymore because it'll just sound like an excuse. Thank you very much for your honest critiques. <^-^>lll
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Otaku babyman is off to a good start babyman's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, this is a nice tutorial, it helped me getting started, now I just need to practise... A LOT... hope the work pays of...

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice tutorial but im really no good at large images. All of my drawings are...small and have the whole body showing, or most of it. and aceman is right the face is a little...odd...
    anyways im sure it will help anyone get off thier feet. you know... as a foundation. GJ

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Dear Babyman,

Take drawing as something fun, okee? Only then your practices will surely pay off.

As for my tutorial, here's a tip.

You don't necessarily have to follow my character's pose whose head is tilt and a little off.

You just have to get use to drawing the foundation and then applying your desired facial expression. The picture I drew is a weak smile.

Remember, when you're drawing, you have to use your own creativity and due diligence. You have to explore and tweak your character's features.

Eg: You might want your anime babe to have thicker eye lashes so.. you just have to darkened it until you see it fits.

Now, you see the 3 samples attached to the tutorial below?

Once you familiarize yourself with drawing the foundation, you can start exploring and drawing different upfront poses.

Oh yes!

Here's another thing you can do:

Pick out a picture of your favorite anime character/pose. Place your A4 paper over that picture and instead of tracing the whole picture, you draw the foundation. (circle and t-junction)

With that, you can draw your own design over it.

At least, you'll get a more precise foundation rather than my weird looking girl's head. (Laughs)

Dear Spin,

Thanks. I'll be sure not to make this mistake in my next tutorial. I humbly accept Aceman, Jokerman and your comments.

(Laughs) Full-body image... Now I'm thinking how am I going to start a tutorial on that for beginners..

Any advice?

[CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2