Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: AO Fans....the Vet clan is calling you out!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: AO Fans....the Vet clan is calling you out!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I'm still working on the Anime Quiz, and to be fair and to give both teams a chance, I am limiting myself to question concerning Anime series that I've seen personally. I'll give you a overview of it's format..
    Quiz will be composed of 30 Question, plus 3 Bonus questions. with a time limit of 1 hour from the posting of the final bonus question, which means an average of two minutes per question to agree on the answer. Questions will be posted on the agreed upon time in a closed thread in the Anime Fanatics sub-forum.

All answers must be contained in a single post (to be posted in the Contest sub-forum of Announcements). Once the team answers have been graded, they will be merged into the original question thread, along with the expected answer list.

Scoring. Total scores are based on the number of correct answers (with no penalty for guessing) In addition, for the team that posts their answers first, they will receive one additional point for every 5 minutes (rounded up) of time difference between answer posts...

For all Question categories, if the person/object/thing in question appears in more then one series, the earliest series made is the correct answer...

Categories of questions.
    1. Students with Secret (and not so Secret) identities, nicknames and secret lives. Given two out of the three data categories, (Name, Occupation, Public Persons) fill in the missing category, and identify the Anime series

2. Ships of the Line. From the description, identify the Ship, it's Captain/Owner/Operator and the Anime Series it's from.

3. Android/Mecha/Vehicle classes (where a class indicates more then 1 unique or non-unique example in the Anime series in question) Given the class name, identify the Anime Series it's from.

4. Named Mecha/Vehicles. Given the name of a Mecha or Vehicle, identify the operator and the Anime Series it's from.

5. Magical Chants, Given the Magical Chant/Phrase, identify the character and the Anime series they appear in...

6. Anime Trivia, questions concerning an entire Anime series...
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Nov 17, 2006 at 10:21 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Would the quiz be a free-for-all of both teams, or a mega-nerd selected between each team?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    Would the quiz be a free-for-all of both teams, or a mega-nerd selected between each team?
    All declared team members may participate, (and teams must be of the same number)... However, only one team member posts the answer. (So teams better prepare their PM and IM communication links before the Quiz is launched...)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

well we onl have 5 members max anyways *roll eyes*

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I think we should take a few days to start. We still have to agree on which day are the members available and who is going to actually participate.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I agree a day to set what is going to happen is a good place to start and who will watching over the challenges.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The Quiz is nearly finished, and I'm going over my list to replace the most obscure and most give away questions with something easier/harder

To give a heads up on what to expect...
    All Anime series (with one exception) have had a US/Region 1 DVD release.
    All characters and objects referenced are either main, or major components of their respective series.
    All phrases (with one exception) are major parts for their respective series. The one exception is used once in it's series, but still occurs in a significant dramatic scene.

Catagory breakdowns...

Students with Secret Lives, IDs, Nicknames and Titles
    5 Questions.

Ships of the Line
    5 Questions

Androids, Mechas, and Vehicle classes
    6 Questions

Unique Named Mecha and Vehicles,
    6 Questions

Magical Chants and Phrases
    5 Questions + 1 Bonus question concerning the category

Anime Series & History Trivia
    3 Question + 1 Bonus question concerning the category

1 Graphics Image based Bonus Question. Identify the Character and the Anime feature from the image... (Now to get that screen capture done...)

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

All declared team members may participate, (and teams must be of the same number)... However, only one team member posts the answer. (So teams better prepare their PM and IM communication links before the Quiz is launched...)
    Gotcha. I guess I'll volunteer for the anime quiz. That is, if that's OK with the rest of the clan.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast