Grumble Grumble Grumble
So this is how things are really going to work... The Initial Clan Challenge period will be from Dec 1 to Dec 8 - 6:00PM PST (Dec 9th 0200 ZULU/GMT)
Originally Posted by Barronmore
The following events MUST be accomplished before the end of this period....
- the Skillpayz vs. Proyo-Proyo Arcade challenge must be done, with the results posted to this thread.
- Each Clan must decide on 1 Signature image for the Sig Challenge, to be posted in this thread. Due to the number of Staff members who are present in the Vets Clan, to remove any appearance of bias, I shall ask the Sig Clan to judge the Signature challenge. Sig Poll will be closed at the due date of the Anime Quiz
- Team numbers and members, as well as the Date and Time for the Anime Quiz must be negotiated, and team members declared in this thread.
Rules of the Anime Quiz
- Quiz will consist of 30 questions and 3 bonus quiz. Scoring will consist of 1 point for each correct answer, plus for the team that posts the answers first, 1 point for each 5 minutes (rounded up) of time difference between the first and second posting.
- All members of a team may participate in answering the quiz, but all answers must be posted as A SINGLE POST with no editing allowed. Answers are to posted in the private contest area (Announcements->Contests->Contest Entries) to be graded
- The deadline for posting answers is 1 hour after the posting of the 3rd (image based) bonus questions.
- In the event where a person/object/thing is being referenced by a question, the earliest published feature that the reference occurs in will be the correct answer.
- Normal question only require a simple answer (e.g. Name, Title, Series)
- Bonus Questions require a short description
To give a heads up on what to expect...
All Anime series (with one exception) have had a US/Region 1 DVD release.Catagory breakdowns...
All characters and objects referenced are either main, or major components of their respective series.
All phrases (with one exception) are major parts for their respective series. The one exception is used once in it's series, but still occurs in a significant dramatic scene.
Students with Secret (and not so Secret) identities, nicknames and secret lives. Given two out of the three data categories, (Name, Occupation, Public Persons) fill in the missing category, and identify the Anime series
Ships of the Line. From the description, identify the Ship, it's Captain/Owner/Operator and the Anime Series it's from.
Android/Mecha/Vehicle classes (where a class indicates more then 1 unique or non-unique example in the Anime series in question) Given the class name, identify the Anime Series it's from.
Unique Named Mecha/Vehicles. Given the name of a unique Mecha or Vehicle, identify the operator and the Anime Series it's from.
Magical Chants, Given the Magical Chant/Phrase, identify the character who uses it and the Anime series they appear in.
5 Questions + 1 Bonus question concerning the category
Anime Series & History Trivia
3 Question + 1 Bonus question concerning the category
1 Graphics Image based Bonus Question. Identify the Character and the Anime feature from the image...