Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DN Angel

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

DN Angel

Title – DN Angel
    Genre – Action/Drama/Romance/Comedy
    Creator – Yukiru Sugisaki
    Director – Nobuyoshi Habara
    Number of Volumes – 11
    Number of Episodes – 26
    Status – Completed

Overview:
    Niwa Daisuke is your average teenager, albeit a clumsy and unlucky one. On his fourteenth birthday, his body starts to transform when he thought about his crush, Harada Risa. He soon finds out that there’s a gene that runs in the Niwa family. Once a male from the Niwa bloodline turns 14 and falls in love, the very sight of his love (in person, a painting, a photograph, etc.) is enough to cause him to transform into the phantom thief Dark Mousy.

As the story progresses, Daisuke soon learns that he has certain expectations to follow. He must co-operate with Dark to steal various masterpieces of the Hiwatari family, for reasons far more wilder than Daisuke could ever comprehend.

Personal Opinion:
    DN Angel’s one of the few anime series that I became attached to after watching the first few minutes of it. It has a great mix of comedy and romance, but thankfully, that’s not all there is to this anime. The anime doesn’t focus solely on Daisuke’s character, which is a relief. Dark is also a major character. You find out more about his past life, and learn that he’s not all good looks and cockiness.

The confusing thing is – the manga of DN Angel seems to have a slightly different storyline than the anime. In the manga, Daisuke transforms into Dark whenever he sees his crush, Risa, and Dark’s “meant” to transform back into Daisuke when he sees his crush, Risa’s twin sister (Riku). However, the anime’s a slightly different case…

There aren’t any major downsides to this anime – you’d have to pick apart minor things to find flaws. The animation’s really modern and up-to-date if you ask me, and the soundtrack’s not bad either. I would have preferred more action in this anime, but it’s good the way it is. If you love anime filled with romance, comedy and part action, then DN Angel’s the one for you.

Rating: 8/10

Recommendations: Chrno Crusade, Tsubasa Chronicles & Fruits Basket.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Oct 27, 2006 at 01:30 AM.

Otaku TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: DN Angel

The show was alright, but it got boring for me beacause it was just getting art after art...Needed more depth to it

...Impulsive...

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TalentedDavid
    The show was alright, but it got boring for me beacause it was just getting art after art...Needed more depth to it
    lol yeah, that part was a bit tiresome to watch over and over again, but i think it was from episode 19 and onwards that the anime gets more interesting. it's not just stealing artworks after that

Newbie kyosake may be famous one day kyosake may be famous one day kyosake's Avatar
    Thanks

aww come on! you have to admit it was romantic at the end

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

lol this anime show is really kool, though the dubbed version of it sucks.
    Last edited by ketaro; Apr 22, 2006 at 08:00 PM.

Otaku Hitokiri Battousai may be famous one day Hitokiri Battousai may be famous one day
    Thanks

I liked everything about this series.. really romantic at the end, really entertaining, really cool

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

this anime is wat got me hook to anime in the first place so my opion might be a bit bias. anyway i think this is a great series, yes its a bit slow at the beginning, but things do improve alot. and i espically love the developing romance thought this entire anime series.

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

The series was not bad, i really like the story line but weird that dark has to stole stuff that can be a threat. i Give it a 8.5/10

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast