Thread: Fate Stay Night

Newbie asraiwaters may be famous one day asraiwaters may be famous one day asraiwaters's Avatar
    Thanks

Fate Stay Night

based off of a dating sim game in japan. shirou emiya is a highschool student, who lost his parents in a fire which he later discovers was the result of the last "holy grail war" in which magicians and their "servants" (warrior spirits from the past) compete to win the holy grail and have their ultimate wish granted. with his servant, Saber, he fights to prove himself and protect the people he loves.

very compelling animation. well developed characters/character relationships. fantastic battle scenes.

personal opinions:
    1.some aspects of the story (certain characters/events) seem to get skipped over and arent fully played out.

2.the ending left something to be desired.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Oct 27, 2006 at 01:35 AM.
    buy manga. watch anime on youtube.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fate Stay Night

FSN si the koolest anime show that i have seen so far, the only battle that was really awesome was the one between Archer and Heracles. I didn't really like the ending because emiya didn't end up staying with Saber, that really sucked. I am looking forward for the second season ( if there is one).

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, was meaning to write a review for it but was just too lazy. Also, its not a dating sims, its a visual novel.

One reason why I fell in love with Fate/Stay Night was the rich history behind all the servants and the holy grail war. I wanted to know more about it, thats what kept me watching but the story didn't deliver. Especially the history revolving around the servants. Only Saber background was told fully. Which was really disappointing. Also trying to cram alittle of bit of the 2 other storyline in it didn't make it any better.

Three things they could do better is: 1. Animation/art and 2. Background stories and 3. Pacing. Anyone notice the badly drawn faces of the character in the mid point of the series? It sickens me. This series deserves better, BUT like a typical anime series the art/animation was apparently done by God himself and made up for it.

I personally felt that some of the characters were cheated, like Caster. Caster was one of the main "villain" in fsn and those flashbacks about Caster were so quick that it didn't show much significance - I know it suppose to - it just that it was executed very poorly because it so damn short. Another Example is Rin and Sakura. If you watched the series, you know what Im talking about.

Lastly, the pacing of the story. Why can't they find the right pacing for the story?! Its inbetween slow and fast. Honestly, I felt the midway of the series just fell apart. SaberxShirou relationship development, Saber's development from the servant Saber to the girl Saber. Her transition felt very rush and unnatural. A female knight, with immense pride and duty can't be convert to act like a normal and feel like a women with such haste. The whole Caster arc, Sakura&Rin plus other things I don't remember.

Actually one more last comment with SPOILERS OF THE ENDING!
    There was the ending, which cleaned up some of the mess the director made. The animation for the last episode was probably half the budget for this series. The ending was beautifully executed. Now that I think about it, if Saber did stay back I don't think it would of been that powerful of a ending - it would seem very typical and cliche. Seeing how Saber never gotten her wish - to correct her mistake - instead she faced reality and moved on. Seeing how Arthur said her experience with Shirou and all was a dream made it all, hmm dunno the word for it, surreal and sad? Because all that shes done wasn't real, it was a dream. That scene with Arthur lying there under the tree with the sunlight coming down was beautiful. I thought Bedivere voiced by Noto Mamiko was weird. Such a manly person voiced by a seiyuu popular for her soft girl voice. Saber or King Arthurs death was the most beautiful I've seen in all the anime I have watched. A bittersweet ending.
    END

Other great thing about this series is the OST. Love it and Im listening to it right now while im typing this. This is the 2nd OST I listen to. I usually find OST boring.

I wouldn't mind a 2nd season using the other storyline like UBW and Heavens Feel. Or a comical series using Ataraxia storyline, like fumoffu.

OR (SPOILERS ABOUT ARCHER)
    A OVA that is a couple of years after the holy grail war. Ilya still living with Shirou. Ilya died of some kind of sickness (don't ask me how, haven't play the game). Shirou, with regret and guilt that he couldn't save her, he makes a contract with the grail war and thus Archer is Shirou. Interesting isn't it?
    END

Overall a decent series, too bad I couldn't say 'amazing' because of those cons I mentioned.
    Last edited by ZeRoGravity; Sep 09, 2006 at 01:31 PM.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Fate /Stay Night
    I loved this Series,

Although i was anticipating much more from it, i was disappointed., but i still love F/SN, THe story was fairly straight forward, minor twists if there were any ones that were surpring. but i felt that even at 24eps. it coulda been a whole lot more deeper, i know some say 'well its the holy grail wars, of course it has to be quick', but that doesnt neccessarily mean you have to show it as is.

anyway, i found the graphics quite normal. the effects of the phantasms were excelent.
    Sound,now F/SN gets good points for the newness in thier fighting effects. i like em.

a bitter sweet ending., i know some of yous wished it to be that it worked out, and thought it was right also., but if it happened differently., there'd be alt of conflict in reality towards the whole logic of the holy grail war.. if any were to happen... im not getting into that., thats been diccussed to the utmost.

Newbie Shincus may be famous one day Shincus may be famous one day Shincus's Avatar
    Thanks

The story is quite unique and new to OTAKU , but when i see the first 7 episod i feel very disappointed due to the slow develop of the anime. After this 7 episod, the story only start tobe more attractive.
    The OST & OP, ED are best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    The last few episod are very BEST,but( another but) the ending is so Bad!!
    Shirou and Saber can not be together, sop............sop......................
    But, i think that i will have a movie/OVA or Fate/Stay Night very soon.
    **********but,still i like this story very much********************

Newbie creamsilver may be famous one day creamsilver may be famous one day creamsilver's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think the anime story line was really good it was kool and interesting I really liked the ep. when Saber dates shirou it was really funny in the beginning. I also liked the ending but it was sad that Saber and shirou could come together

If you try and fly to your goal you will only fall from the starry sky