Thread: Samurai Deeper Kyo

Newbie The Deepest Gray may be famous one day The Deepest Gray may be famous one day The Deepest Gray's Avatar
    Thanks

Samurai Deeper Kyo

Hello, this is a review of the Samurai Deeper Kyo TV series. I'll start with the graphics, and drawing style, the style of art was very good in my oppinion, it matched the manga well, and the glow graphics, and special effects and stuff liek that were very well done, for example the most used oen is when Kyo uses his Mumyo Jinpu Ryu. over all i give the graphics a perfect 5/5
    Now, I shall move onto the story, this is one of the two downfalls that this series has. The story, if you ahve never read the manga, is in fact an amazing story. BUT! if you ahve read the manga, and enjoyed it, prepare to eb somewhat disapointed. The anime strays very far from the manga's storyline, events similar to the manga occur but not in the same way that the manga's had happened. The storyline will keep you intrigued and fascinated, even if u have read the manga you'll be wondering whats gonna happen next. I was still disapointed in the fact that the anime strayed form the manga though so my final score for the story is a 3/5
    Now onto sound, the only thing keeping the sound category from a 1 is that all the backround soundeffects and music is awesome, (especially the acoustic guitar during flashbacks loved that). But why is it getting a two? the voice actors, admittedly the voice actors did very well, but i honestly don't think the casting director chose teh right voice actors for the show. (btw i'm talking american voice actors, i haven't watched it in japanese yet.) Honestly tho, some of them were just stupid, the guy who played tristan played Mika's father in like the 3rd episode that disapointed me, and the voice actor of Muramasa was dispointing too. All the other voice actors were all right, i'd say the only two that fit perfectly in my mind were Saizo and Sasuke, it was just a dispointing job. For kyo, they got the guy who does Yugi's voice on Yu-Gi-Oh, i was picturing more of a spike, for kyo, Yukimura's could have been better too, say maybe played by the guy who did Vashes voice in Trigun.
    The overall replay value of this series is good, but it really all depends on if you liek it or not, if u didn;'t dont watch it again, if u did watch it again lol so replay gets a 3/5 and overall i'd say teh series as a whole get's a 4 out of 5 for just being a good anime. thank you for your time n.n
    Last edited by The Deepest Gray; Apr 30, 2006 at 08:53 AM.

"If I told you I didn't do it... would you believe me"-Kyo

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Samurai Deeper Kyo

well the anime series is pretty good. The show is kinda more like ninja scroll.

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks

i was half way through it and i must say it wasnt holding my attention very well. too many cliches and uninspired battle scenes leaves me yawning. stopped watching it ages ago, but might start again, just to see how the characters end up.
    "A good discussion should be like a miniskirt; short enough to pertain interest yet long enough to cover the subject." ;]

Newbie Banana&Apple may be famous one day Banana&Apple may be famous one day Banana&Apple's Avatar
    Thanks

got the anime and some of the manga but i didnt get 2 see it all cuz of my selfish sister T_T so i really dont know much about it..

Newbie Xarius may be famous one day Xarius may be famous one day
    Thanks

I love the series its kinda like ninja scroll but a little better. The first episode caught my attention, I didn't think it would look so good with lush vibrant colors through out the whole anime. I'm curious to know what happened two the Kyo's in the last episode.

Newbie cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902's Avatar
    Thanks

it was a good anime... i think kyoshiro lived at the last part (cos the voice sounded more like kyoshiro and not kyo)... and i also liked the idea of the war at last part...
    Last edited by cloud_902; Jul 14, 2006 at 09:49 AM. Reason: just wanted to add a period (^_^)

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

I love this. I bought the manga, and anime.

Its a great anime to watch, and makes since.

But I am not a fan of the ending.

But its great.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Otaku Chibi_Kitty_Angel may be famous one day Chibi_Kitty_Angel may be famous one day Chibi_Kitty_Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I read the first volume and haven't picked it up again. However, I did watch the anime, and it was okay. Out of curiousity I had to watch it all the way through. I'll be honest I was a little disappointed about the outcome. Didn't leave me with much. Still I didn't hate it.