Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How, when, why?

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

How, when, why?

I don't know if this allowed or anything but I kind of want to know how everyone got started on writing, just something that came naturally, it was interesting and whatnot. Oh, I want to maybe discuss types of poetry, the usage of it all that fun stuff.

I started writing in grade seven, just silly little poems to entertain my English teacher. I stopped writing in grade eight but then in grade nine I started writing stories because all the books I read and all the movies I watched were dissatisfying. After that, poems just came naturally.

Topic! Rhyme, alliteration and assonance.

Let's maybe start with alliteration.

Do you use it a lot, is it hard to alliterate, is it fun to read works with lots of alliteration. Just speak about what comes to mind on the subject and if it gets boring we'll all decide to switch to another in the little topic choice thingy, after those three are exhausted, we'll simply pick three new topics, alright?

Really hope this doesn't get closed... maybe I should have PMed Kasai and asked..
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Banned yuudai may be famous one day yuudai may be famous one day yuudai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How, when, why?

awww you're not just a nobody you're a heartless nobody . LoL

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

What a reply, so informative and such... you sound a lot like someone I know.

Now, if you want to post here, please restrict it to what the question asks
    thankies...

Banned yuudai may be famous one day yuudai may be famous one day yuudai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    What a reply, so informative and such... you sound a lot like someone I know.

Now, if you want to post here, please restrict it to what the question asks
    thankies...
    now now there is no reason to be so condescending. it was just a joke.

Thanks

Who said I was condescending? Ugh, I mean I'm sorry if I came off that way, but seriously... answer the question.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

yuudaim, if you continue this conduct with other members of the clan, I will have to give you an infraction. Even if it's simply joking around, it is not accepted in any way to provoke or be agressive in any manner. Your posts here are also considered as SPAM. If you have nothing more to say in this thread about aliterations and can't stay on subject, please don't post here again. Thankyou.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd make a suggestion, give a definition to the rehtorical strategies you mentioned. It would help a few of members who have knoe clue what you're talking about.

I began writing in 7th grade as well. It coninued up until 9th. I still write here and there, but I havent found the time to fully immerse myself in the calming act. I am glad however, that are truly active members here that can write when they put their mind to it.
    Seduced by Flesh

Devoted Otaku BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1's Avatar
    A place called Midnight Sun know as Tranquility
    Thanks

FLawEdmiNd,

I started writing poetry when I got deployed to Afghanistan this past summer. I just needed a way to release the anger and tension provoked by my fellow co-workers, and then I got a suggestion from few of the members in the poem and fanfic forum that I should join. Once I did I started to receive the critiques I needed and wanted to become a better writer. I'm still not there yet especially with the military job it becomes hard to write, but with the critiques given by Kasai, Soldat of Life, and the other clan members it becomes easier to understand what needs to be done to improve my poetry writing skills.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast