Closed Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 worlds end

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2012 worlds end

Isn't the world always a few years from ending? It's just another way we keep ourselves entertained, if we ain't at war, the world's about to end. If we're at war, the world is definately going to end, we try to point out the "prophecies" of ancient civilizations that make statements so vague you could draw any conclusion about it. Not to say I don't love it when the day comes and just kinda grin cuz I'm still not dead, but it does get kinda old. If there's any country we should be worrying about, its China, not Japan, lol.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Japan? Really? Did your friend assume that since Japan is technologically advanced (that's what I'm guessing he/she was thinking), that the nation will nuke the US? Or did your friend somehow, just somehow, mix up Japan with North Korea and... Well, get mixed up and misinformed in general?

I think all this talk of the apocalypse and whatnot is just an attempt to make ourselves special... Or something like that. Amused? Occupied? I know some people would feel special perhaps surviving a world catastrophe like that, and others would feel special just being the last generation of humans...

I personally don't think the planet will be destroyed anytime soon... Maybe human civilization might get screwed up, who knows, but the whole planet dying is just too far for me to comprehend...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

I hearh this "theory" about the end of the world at 2012 I even found a website about this. I believe that it is possible but its is a very very long shot that it would actually going to happen at 2012. If Y2k didnt happen at the year 2000, what is the chances that this would happen as well

7 reasons the world will end in 2012
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    I hearh this "theory" about the end of the world at 2012 I even found a website about this. I believe that it is possible but its is a very very long shot that it would actually going to happen at 2012. If Y2k didnt happen at the year 2000, what is the chances that this would happen as well

7 reasons the world will end in 2012
    Nice little collection of innuendo and hearsay, but no data or links to backup any of the claims. Not to mention the statistical claim that the earth is overdue for a major calamity, therefore it must occur on 2012. (No University Physics department worth their reputation would ever make such a simple Upper Division Statistics class mistake...) Thats like saying that after tossing a coin 20 times in a row and getting heads, the odds of getting heads on the next toss is astronomical, (but in reality, its still 50/50, as the past history has no effect on the toss! Now on the other hand, claiming your going to toss heads 21 times in a row before hand, and actually doing it, now that's astronomical odds!!!)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Nice little collection of innuendo and hearsay, but no data or links to backup any of the claims. Not to mention the statistical claim that the earth is overdue for a major calamity, therefore it must occur on 2012. (No University Physics department worth their reputation would ever make such a simple Upper Division Statistics class mistake...) Thats like saying that after tossing a coin 20 times in a row and getting heads, the odds of getting heads on the next toss is astronomical, (but in reality, its still 50/50, as the past history has no effect on the toss! Now on the other hand, claiming your going to toss heads 21 times in a row before hand, and actually doing it, now that's astronomical odds!!!)
    Alright I do believe you in some way, The dino was wipe out by a big meteor/comet and that happen 65 million years ago and its been a while since a "huge" calamity. And that the Mayan was only 34 second out on the lunar moon so it "possible" but, still it could not happen.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh dear lord, not an apocalyptic thread. I have heard so many of these clearly stupid explanations when the world was going to end. I have done a history report on this back in high school because I found it to be one big joke.
    Look back on history and I can guaranty you that there were hundreds of people saying that the world was going to end at one point or another and every time the date has come and gone they just say that it was delayed for some nonsense, or that oh wait the time was wrong its really on this day of this year in the future. Some are stupid enough to believe that just because the world didn’t end back in 2000 that it will come any day now... Well it has been eight years and still diddly. The dooms day clocks hands have been wound back so many times is ridicules. It’s the little boy who cried "WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!" *Sighs* this is utter nonsense. What about when that large asteroid past by Earth not to long ago, remember how many people were like "We are doomed we are all doomed repent and..." Blah blah blah. The only thing I see of any interest in 2012 is when this new large asteroid will pass in between Earth and our moon. Now that’s close!! Scientist, astronomers, and a bunch of other people in the scientific community all believe that it will still miss the Earth. The only possible way for it to hit us is if it goes through what is called a key hole in space, an area of gravity that can cause it to sling around and slam into Earth in seven years. But the key hole is incredibly small, I think it was estimated that it was only a 100 yards high and a hundred yards wide or something like that. In space terms’ that’s like throwing a rock at a target the size of a pin head fifty feet away.

Otaku hedgehog666 is off to a good start
    Thanks

ok ok but what if someone turns out to be like hitler and what his r her country dominit around the world. r decides to rid the world of certain people can the other coutries that r allies be able to defend them selfs against someone that is close to hitlers sick and warped mind?
    Last edited by hedgehog666; Mar 25, 2008 at 12:06 PM.
    when the mask comes off the real me appeares

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog666 View Post
    ok ok but what if someone turns out to be like hitler and what his r her country dominit around the world. r decides to rid the world of certain people can the other coutries that r allies be able to defend them selfs against someone that is close to hitlers sick and warped mind?
    It is not *what if*, is ("what would you do when someone turns out to be like hitler"). There should be some common sens within the thinking of a possiblity against what your saying, i must clearly disagree again in what your saying. My apologize, but please do find out more information about what is going on clearly, of course Japan has the most advanced Technology around the globe, and is being advancing towards every single living day.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast