+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 911 call that was taken as a prank

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 911 call that was taken as a prank

Quote Originally Posted by twistergal723
    Who hasn't heard this story...Anyway the operator should lose her job even after 20+ years of experience....Whether it is a prank call or not all calls to the dispatcher should be taken seriously...She has made a mistake and a little boy saw his mother die. Why should she keep her job and be all happy when a boy has to go through the rest of his life without a mother? As for making prank calls yes I have made prank calls but never to 911...Thats a button I don't play with.
    Good thing you didnt. Because when you make a 911 call they have to follow it up. So the police will come to your house, and then your butt will be in a jam.

Newbie nightowl may be famous one day nightowl may be famous one day nightowl's Avatar
    Thanks

dont prank callers just call then then say nuttin or hang up wen u answer?
    Last edited by nightowl; Apr 16, 2006 at 04:13 AM.

Newbie thanatos808 may be famous one day thanatos808 may be famous one day thanatos808's Avatar
    Thanks

she didn't do anything wrong, she acted accordingly to her experience as a 911 operator... she's only human... she can make a errors...

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

If I was in the operator's shoes............

I most definitely would not have dismissed it as a prank call. Because if I did, and the person wasnt lying, then his/her death would be on MY shoulders. But if I chose not to ignore it, and it turned out to be a prank, the blame wouldnt be put on me. How was I supposed to know it was a prank?

In my opinion, it was a simple yet fatal mistake, and must be dealt with to ensure that it wont happen to another innocent life again.

And if I was in the child's shoes.........

I wouldve called for help of course. Neighbors are just around the corner. Anything is better than losing my loved one.

And another thing........ prank calls shouldnt be generalised to all teens. It is most definitely not worth losing a life for, and it is a very VERY bad viewpoint and must be dismissed in such workplaces immediately
    Kastelic's creation

Banned Buffy_Fan may be famous one day Buffy_Fan may be famous one day Buffy_Fan's Avatar
    Thanks

oh my god that is wrong and if you do prank 911 i think you should go to jail if they find out.

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

i think it is time for re-education for all...

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmm...I don't think any 911 call should be dismissed. Its better finding out that it was a prank then rather than having someone die because you thought it was a prank.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

i never prank called, my friend. and that is a truly sad story. sure, the person has every right to believe it could be fake, but that doesn't mean it is. until you are one hundred percent sure it's just a prank call, you shouls check it out just in case.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast