Closed Thread
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Abortion

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by MistressMorgan View Post
    I dont think I understand what you are trying to say???? Miscarriage manslaughter? Miscarriage is a natural occurance. Woman dont have any control over a miscarriage, it just happens. It could be for a million different reasons that a woman misscarries, none of them really preventable. Maybe I misunderstood what you said, could you clarify?
    Now lets go back to that Webster Dictionary definition of 'involuntary manslaughter'...
    Main Entry: involuntary manslaughter
    Function: noun
    : manslaughter resulting from the failure to perform a legal duty expressly required to safeguard human life, from the commission of an unlawful act not constituting a felony, or from the commission of a lawful act in a negligent or improper manner
    Now if Abortion = Murder, the end result of an Abortion and a Miscarriage are the same, you have a dead body and a primary suspect. The only significant difference is the intent of perpetrator, (which signifies the difference between a Murder and a Manslaughter charge). Without a criminal investigation to show that a 'negligent or improper' lifestyle and behavior of the pregnant mother was not a factor in the death of the fetus, how would you know that a crime was not committed???

There are many many factors that statistically have shown to increase the risk of a miscarriage, such as drug abuse (which includes drinking and smoking), high levels of job stress, improper diet, exposure to car exhaust, etc. etc... If Abortion = Murder, then how many of these factors should be involved for a Miscarriage = Involuntary Manslaughter charge??? In the case of Job Stress, if the law says that the Mother MUST PROTECT the HUMAN LIFE of the fetus, she can always quit her job and go on the public dole to do so. If she doesn't do this, then this would be grounds for that Manslaughter charge... You could argue that none of these factors always result in a miscarriage of a fetus, but then again, driving while under the influence doesn't always result in the death of a innocent bystander...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

im still surprised this thread is going. one thing i have to say is that
    dont make any remarks that you'll regret if u ever had an abortion. to summerize, abortion is the womans right. SHE has to take care of the bab SHE has to go through 9 months of labor SHE has to do all that is possible to make sure the baby is ok. what if she didnt want a baby? what if she wasnt ready and adoption she didnt want to go trough? now think of this. if abortion was banned, women would do it there selves, especially ten girls, and they would purposely try and kill the baby and make it unhealthy. no she would get jaled for child neglect and abuse. GIVE HER THE DAMN ABOTION!!

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

There are many many factors that statistically have shown to increase the risk of a miscarriage, such as drug abuse (which includes drinking and smoking), high levels of job stress, improper diet, exposure to car exhaust, etc. etc... If Abortion = Murder, then how many of these factors should be involved for a Miscarriage = Involuntary Manslaughter charge??? In the case of Job Stress, if the law says that the Mother MUST PROTECT the HUMAN LIFE of the fetus, she can always quit her job and go on the public dole to do so. If she doesn't do this, then this would be grounds for that Manslaughter charge... You could argue that none of these factors always result in a miscarriage of a fetus, but then again, driving while under the influence doesn't always result in the death of a innocent bystander...
    Well its all up to interpretation to which a lawyer must determine if theres a case. A winnable case that is. Drug abuse & improper diet, yes these could easily be won. The job stress one could be hard to win unless it was documented that the mother was repeatedly told to lower her stress. As for car exhaust, the only one that could win that one is OJ's lawyer. lol

So to answer your question, Yes Miscarriage could equal an Involuntary Manslaughter charge under the right circumstances, and the right lawyer. Is it the same as abortion? Under some of the circumstances i would say yes. Like being a drugy knowing good and well it will hurt or kill your unborn child.To me thats even worse than a aborton.

Newbie Twilight Dawn is off to a good start Twilight Dawn's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Re: Abortion

i am totally against abortion!!!!
    just recently i found out ma dad tried to get an abortion for me before i was born!!!!
    tat asshole!!!!
    i feel its not fair to kill a baby if ur the one tat made it!!!!

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now lets go back to that Webster Dictionary definition of 'involuntary manslaughter'...

Now if Abortion = Murder, the end result of an Abortion and a Miscarriage are the same, you have a dead body and a primary suspect. The only significant difference is the intent of perpetrator, (which signifies the difference between a Murder and a Manslaughter charge). Without a criminal investigation to show that a 'negligent or improper' lifestyle and behavior of the pregnant mother was not a factor in the death of the fetus, how would you know that a crime was not committed???

Well I agree that doing drugs, things like that could be considerd involuntary manslaughter, but I would see that as a form of abortion not as a misscarriage. I guess it could be argued that an addict was not planning to abort their baby so that would technically not be considerd an abortion but the process is the same. Woman however cannot simply put their lives on hold for 9 months to ensure they are not convicted of involuntary manslaughter. No job or career gives a woman that much time and most successful woman are not eligable for government aid. Not to mention, pregnant woman are encouraged to exersize during preganancy. Becoming a hermit does not benefit her or the baby which could ultimately lead to miscarriage. I dont see how anyone could legally consider a miscarriage involuntary manslaughter, because every woman is different. My sister in law had to become a hermit in order to carry my niece for nine months. She had 12 miscarriages before that, whereas my mother had to constantly exersize during pregnancy because her blood pressure skyrocketed in her second term and was at risk for a stroke. Who is more important mother or child? If a mother dies from a stroke or heart attack during pregnancy because legally she could not exersize for fear of miscarriage, does the baby then become guilty of involuntary manslaughter? Sorry if this is confusing but I have to say that miscarriage becoming involuntary manslaughter is a messy debate. Messy but interesting. Len, I have never looked at this way before, thankyou for bringing something new to the debate.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

If a woman wants to get an abortion is up to her to commit abortion or not. Every human being has the ability to choose what's best for its own good.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    If a woman wants to get an abortion is up to her to commit abortion or not. Every human being has the ability to choose what's best for its own good.

But what about the baby, it doesn't have a choice in wether it will be able to grow and have a life or not. The womens decision doesn't just affect her life, so I don't see why she has the right to say it's her decision just cause it's her body. I'd understand if the baby were to endanger her life, then an abortion would be fine, but other than that (including rape) the kid should be able to be born. Is it that hard to give it up for adoption, and don't give me the line that she wouldn't be able to mentally handle giving it up cause she is not ready or mature, if she is mentally capable of living with the fact she is going to kill it.

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    But what about the baby, it doesn't have a choice in wether it will be able to grow and have a life or not. The womens decision doesn't just affect her life, so I don't see why she has the right to say it's her decision just cause it's her body. I'd understand if the baby were to endanger her life, then an abortion would be fine, but other than that (including rape) the kid should be able to be born. Is it that hard to give it up for adoption, and don't give me the line that she wouldn't be able to mentally handle giving it up cause she is not ready or mature, if she is mentally capable of living with the fact she is going to kill it.
    Personally I don't think an unborn baby is any different than, lets say a grasshopper, or an egg. (within abortion range of course)It can't think, speak, love, regret and has no emotion except it's primal instincts. Let's say you think it can posess emotion at the same level as an adolecent, but you don't know for sure eh? Might that grasshopper or egg too then? Point is still it's her choice and no one will ever change that fact.

Closed Thread
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 51 ... LastLast