+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: abortion

Otaku Candid is off to a good start
    Thanks

abortion

What are your thoughts on Abortion?

Should people have the choice since it is their body?
    Or is it murder and should be punished as such?

go ahead.

Otaku ryomakurosaki is off to a good start ryomakurosaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: abortion

A good topic to debate on.

Abortion..it is a horrible thing! I think we should have never found a way to get rid of such a wonderful thing. I think if the person wasn't ready for a child then why even enage in such actions. It really does sicken me that people would get rid of their child because they weren't ready. The child has done no wrong and should not be puinshed.I feel sicken when I see the numbers of babies being killed by abortion. The numbers are being increased by so much. I feel sick to my stomach.

Abortion is awful and shouldn't have been offered.
    [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ryomakurosaki For This Useful Post:

Candid (Feb 23, 2008)

Otaku DEMON SPAWN may be famous one day DEMON SPAWN may be famous one day DEMON SPAWN's Avatar
    Thanks

but what if a girl gets raped? if it was forced upon them then I think abortion would be good in a situation like that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DEMON SPAWN For This Useful Post:

Candid (Feb 23, 2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DEMON SPAWN View Post
    but what if a girl gets raped? if it was forced upon them I think abortion would be good in a situation like that.
    Mmmm..you bring up a good point but I am backing up on my views. I know she would have gone through alot of pain and mental scars..but the child was still created and if she doesn't want it have the child and give it for adoption. The child shouldn't suffer.
    [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

Otaku DEMON SPAWN may be famous one day DEMON SPAWN may be famous one day DEMON SPAWN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryomakurosaki View Post
    Mmmm..you bring up a good point but I am backing up on my views. I know she would have gone through alot of pain and mental scars..but the child was still created and if she doesn't want it have the child and give it for adoption. The child shouldn't suffer.
    the child wouldnt suffer its not even formed yet. and you would have very different views if it happened to you or someone you care about.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DEMON SPAWN View Post
    the child wouldnt suffer its not even formed yet. and you would have very different views if it happened to you or someone you care about.
    Not true. My friend is pregent. I told her if she gets an abortion I wouldn't forgive her. I hd a long talk and she decided to let the child be born and she will put it into adoption. But your killing an innocent creature. I couldn't forgive anyone if they killed an innocent child!
    [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

ahh..yet another abortion debate XD

When it comes to abortion, I am pro-choice. I may believe that abortion is wrong in some situations, but it doesn't mean that I should force my views onto some one else. Just because I may see something as wrong or morally wrong doesn't mean that some one else does.

I don't think its wrong, but I do believe that is some circumstances it's very selfish, considering if you didn't want to have a child in the first place, you shouldn't had sex. However I have heard of some situations where abortion was the best thing for both mother and 'child' or bunch of cells whatever you believe.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to _gwenibe_ For This Useful Post:

Candid (Feb 23, 2008)

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh gosh, here we go again.

The "right" to an abortion has nothing to do with whether or not it is a womans right to "choose", to control their body from the pregnancy, but whether others such as their husband or Dr could choose for them. It is about a court ruling, at a time period when science could not even start to prove when a baby actually was alive or viable, about whether or not a woman had the right to Birth Control including abortion. There was question about whether or not a woman had to have her husbands permission to birth control or even whether a Dr could deny giving it to her at all. You couldn't buy stuff over the counter then and all birth control had to be prescribed. A former ruling had found that a woman had the right to birth control so when a women came to the same court saying she had been denied birth control/an abortion they ruled in her favor as well. Pity there is no actual clause in the Constitution that gave the Supreme Court the right to make that ruling but the court at that time did that more then once. Constitutionally the regulation of such should have been up to the states, but that is neither here nor there anymore.

The point of all this is that the true question isn't a "right to choose" but whether Abortion should be considered a legitimate method of Birth Control (especially with the advances in science that show just how alive the baby really is) and if it is at what point the right of the child to "life" becomes valued or under what situations would exceptions be acceptable?

And yes, most religions, not to mention most people, consider rape a situation where an exception can be made at the choice of the mother! There have been cases of forced abortions from rape which is utterly despicable.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Candid (Feb 23, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast