+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion: Pro-choice or Pro-life?

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Abortion: Pro-choice or Pro-life?

Hello everyone! It's been forever since I've started one of these things. Sorry about that. The main reason is that I have been swamped with stuff to do. Anyway, this is off topic.

The title should make it pretty obvious what this thread is about. It is the question on what your position is on abortion.

Are you pro-choice? Is it because you think the fetus is just a fetus until it is born and that the mother should have the right to decide whether or not they want it? Do you believe that in certain situations that abortion is the best option?

Or do you choose pro-life? Do you believe that abortion under any circumstances should not be a choice? Do you believe that once there is a sign of life that it is a human being and that no one has the right to decide whether it should live or not.

As for me, I am pro-life. I don't think that abortion should be considered an option. I understand that some couples may not be in a situation where they could provide a healthy and stable life for their child. My argument to that is that you may not have meant to get pregnant but you shouldn't take a life because you made a mistake. If a couple has no way to properly take care of their child, I suggest adoption.

Also, you wonderful people that I so dearly love. If you decide to post in this thread, please explain why you believe what you believe. Remember, I hate one-sentenced responses. They bug me.

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Abortion: Pro-choice or Pro-life?

I am pro-life. I, on one hand, am a Catholic. And on the other hand. It's against God and is no different than murder. A fetus is a human being.

Abortion should not be a choice. I agree strongly with you Priestess Angel. If you "accidentally" become pregnant, think about adoption. Better? Raise your child. Dont kill it. Choose to give it LIFE.

Thousands of abortions happen every year. Those are thousands of babies being murdered.

Meow. :3

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

OK I know that this is going to earn me a lot of hate posts......I am pro-choice, but not for the reasons that you think. Personally I would never get an abortion for any reason. A life is a life and children should be cherished for they are our future. BUT, I truly believe that I do NOT have the right to dictate to another person about what they should consider life, what should or should not be done to their body, or what they should believe. Every person is entitled to their "Personal Sacred", That is their own personal belief on right and wrong is between themselves and Creator. It is a decision that they will have to justify when they go to meet Creator.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Thanks

It is a decision that they will have to justify when they go to meet Creator.[/QUOTE]

There is no such thing as justifying the wrong that you do. Justification is doing the wrong thing and then telling yourself that you did it because of this. (example) You do something bad to someone and than you say that he/she was bad so he/she deserved it.

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

That deals with the personal sacred- it is between the individual and Creator.

I worked in maternity for 12 years. We had a situation were the mother-to-be was ONLY nine years old. Her parent said that they didn't believe in abortion. They insisted that the child carry to full term. That didn't happen, The girl was hospitalized at 5 months with sever complications, had an emergency c-section at 7 months, the baby was to early and didn't survive. The nine year old wound up on life support due to sever internal injuries related to the pregnancy and they pulled the plug on her several months later. The loss was devastating to the staff that worked with her. The parents tried to sue the hospital and medical staff over both losses. the case was dismissed. This happened in Akron Ohio in 1994.
    If you are pro-life are you saying it is alright to endanger the life of a child to carry a fetus to term? Isn't that concidered murder? That the doctors were wrong in wanting to abort the fetus so that the child could grow up and maybe have a normal family at a more normal age?

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghattenpaw View Post
    That deals with the personal sacred- it is between the individual and Creator.

I worked in maternity for 12 years. We had a situation were the mother-to-be was ONLY nine years old. Her parent said that they didn't believe in abortion. They insisted that the child carry to full term. That didn't happen, The girl was hospitalized at 5 months with sever complications, had an emergency c-section at 7 months, the baby was to early and didn't survive. The nine year old wound up on life support due to sever internal injuries related to the pregnancy and they pulled the plug on her several months later. The loss was devastating to the staff that worked with her. The parents tried to sue the hospital and medical staff over both losses. the case was dismissed. This happened in Akron Ohio in 1994.
    If you are pro-life are you saying it is alright to endanger the life of a child to carry a fetus to term? Isn't that concidered murder? That the doctors were wrong in wanting to abort the fetus so that the child could grow up and maybe have a normal family at a more normal age?
    Thats different. But what I was trying to say is that people who get pregnant on accident and just abort just because they dont want the baby is wrong.

Shibuya Crosser Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka's Avatar
    Thanks

i will join the latter half and play devils advocate, pro-choice....as stated above in circumstances where the mother is unable to either take care of the child once it is born, or could potentially be harmed from the pregnancy the decision is up to them. i mean think about it the family mentioned above was obviously pro-life but in the end caused the direct opposite effect . no t only did they lose the child but in fact their own child as well.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Every one is free to do whatever they freaking want. If a woman wants to have an abortion that's her choice and its no one else's business, let her do it. I don't think it will hurt society as a whole if she has the abortion, would she?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast