+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion: Pro-choice or Pro-life?

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Abortion: Pro-choice or Pro-life?

Pro-choice =/= pro-abortion. Being pro-choice means that you are for someone having a CHOICE. Those who are Christians, you have to realize that God gave us all FREE-WILL. Meaning we can choose to be whatever we want and do whatever we want. Those who say abortion is against God are the ones who are truly against Him and contradict Him. That said I feel we all have a choice. You have a choice to be pro-life. But that doesn't give you the God-given right to tell people they are wrong in their choice. Once again if you do that you are going against God and contradicting him. How? Because God is a loving God, he would never condemn someone to hell, and he gave us the right to chose our fate or our destiny and no outsider can change that.

Pro-abortion means that you want abortion to be MANDATORY. Most pro-choicers want it to be an option to women who are raped, in situations of incest, and if their lives are in danger. I for one am against adoption. We have so many kids in the adoption system in the U.S that are being neglected because some gung-ho parents want to adopt outside the country.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Descended From Darkness For This Useful Post:

Ghattenpaw (Jun 28, 2008)

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

That's my point exactly... It should be a personal Choice.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katsoyori33 View Post
    Thats different. But what I was trying to say is that people who get pregnant on accident and just abort just because they dont want the baby is wrong.
    It is still between her and God. Not between you and her. You are nothing more than an outsider. How would you feel if someone butted into your life and told you believing in God was wrong?

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a bit of both, but it all depends on the time of the abortion. during the woman's first trimester, an abortion should be legal. after that the fetus is considered human, or mostly human at least.

so if a woman wants an abortion, she should have it done early.
    Why hello there!

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

I am pro choice. Whether or not the fetus is technically a human being or not by scientific standards, does not hold any significance with me. I think there are and have always been circumstances that justify abortions just as there has with taking anyones or anythings life.

I am not a religious person but I have been able to recognize that most religions and faiths do not meet the standards of past or present modern technology and discoveries, so basing a decision from those that have been able to pick and choose through trial and error for the past 1000's of years, appear as rather irrelevant.

Considering this isn't a pro or con debate on religion for me, the reason behind my decision is far less of a hindrance personally.

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

I am a catholic and I would strongly discourage my gf from abortion.

However, in the end, it's her choice. It's her body, and those of you who want to make it illegal are (as someof us have said) sticking their noses into other people's business.

The same thing can be said for those who are against gay marriage. Who really gives a rat's a** if two gay people marry each other. If their gonna "go to hell" for it, let it be their problem.

The pro-life people here are mostly using christian religion to justify their arguments against abortion. Welll, to me, that shows complete disrespect of those who have different beliefs. The whole freaking world isn't under christ, or god, or anything;for that matter. Live with it!

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeApples5520 View Post
    I am a catholic and I would strongly discourage my gf from abortion.

However, in the end, it's her choice. It's her body, and those of you who want to make it illegal are (as someof us have said) sticking their noses into other people's business.

The same thing can be said for those who are against gay marriage. Who really gives a rat's a** if two gay people marry each other. If their gonna "go to hell" for it, let it be their problem.

The pro-life people here are mostly using christian religion to justify their arguments against abortion. Welll, to me, that shows complete disrespect of those who have different beliefs. The whole freaking world isn't under christ, or god, or anything;for that matter. Live with it!
    I don't quite see the logic behind some of your statements. A belief is a belief. It isn't disrespect when someone decides to believe in a particular faith. Until they they decide to personally insult someone's belief, they aren't really making any judgements. Well there is relevance obviously, but it wasn't what you were thinking I am sure.

In some of those beliefs, the world and everyone is under god, so your statement is just an opinon really. People care about gay marriage and abortion obviously, so there is some merit in having a disagreement on the matter.

I agree that it is the womans body and she should have a great deal of say so when concerning its welfare.

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    I don't quite see the logic behind some of your statements. A belief is a belief. It isn't disrespect when someone decides to believe in a particular faith. Until they they decide to personally insult someone's belief, they aren't really making any judgements. Well there is relevance obviously, but it wasn't what you were thinking I am sure.

In some of those beliefs, the world and everyone is under god, so your statement is just an opinon really. People care about gay marriage and abortion obviously, so there is some merit in having a disagreement on the matter.

I agree that it is the womans body and she should have a great deal of say so when concerning its welfare.
    This may not be this case with the people on this thread, but I was talking about those who justify a law they want (Anti-Abortion law) through religon if the law applies to people who believe in a different religion or none at all. I'm sorry if I didn't explain enough, that was my bad.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast