+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Abortion: Pro-choice or Pro-life?

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

Re: Abortion: Pro-choice or Pro-life?

Quote Originally Posted by Naomi Vaine View Post
    I'm Por-Life. I think people should get put into jail for abortion. seeing as, it is manslautter... I'm also I christian... it makes me sad that people can get away with it. if you can't stay away from getting pregnant, at least have the baby and give it to someone who can't have children... there's always a better choice than abortion.
    Of course there are always other choices but it's a proven fact that if a woman has the child they tend to become attached, it can create internal damage if she's too young. That and not all women have the choice to stay away from it or not. It's their choice and if a woman is raped maybe she doesn't want to go through the humility of it. Not to mention 90% of females who are raped and then had the child usually end up having mental and emotional issues because either she is reminded of what happened to her every day because of the child or because of the fact that she gave up her child and regrets it... it's not as simple as it sounds...
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

Newbie MyDarkenedSoul is off to a good start MyDarkenedSoul's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghattenpaw View Post
    That deals with the personal sacred- it is between the individual and Creator.

I worked in maternity for 12 years. We had a situation were the mother-to-be was ONLY nine years old. Her parent said that they didn't believe in abortion. They insisted that the child carry to full term. That didn't happen, The girl was hospitalized at 5 months with sever complications, had an emergency c-section at 7 months, the baby was to early and didn't survive. The nine year old wound up on life support due to sever internal injuries related to the pregnancy and they pulled the plug on her several months later. The loss was devastating to the staff that worked with her. The parents tried to sue the hospital and medical staff over both losses. the case was dismissed. This happened in Akron Ohio in 1994.
    If you are pro-life are you saying it is alright to endanger the life of a child to carry a fetus to term? Isn't that concidered murder? That the doctors were wrong in wanting to abort the fetus so that the child could grow up and maybe have a normal family at a more normal age?
    I think that this a extreme example..in this case I'd be ok with abortion.But unless it's rape you have a choice to have sex (protected or otherwise) or not. If you do & get pregnate or someone pregnate you should take responsibility for your actions.You can choose to raise the child by yourself or give the child up for adoption.Taking a potentially healthy life because you don't want to ruin your life isn't a valid option.If the life of the mother is in danger (really in danger) then abortion should be allowed.If I was a woman I'd happly give up my life for my childs.People are too selfish now days.It's me me me.Sigh.
    Oi! Oi! Portland!
    Boots n' Braces 4 ever!
    Fight Racism!

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

I'm ok with Abortion. Yeah, people hate me for it, but so what? The fact that a person should even consider Abortion means that they feel they are either un-ready to take on the responability of a child; or contraception for that matter; or they just plainly don't care.
    In either case I think it would be unfair to the child if it were to be born into such a situation.

@ Naomi Vaine: It would actually be classed as Murder as the person has made the decision to terminate the pregnancy. Manslaughter is normally classed as death through neglagance ie; drink driving.
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm pro life. Except in a few cases

1) The case of Rape, especially if Incest or young children are involved.
    2) In the case that having the baby threatens the mother's life. The mother can always have another child. In this instance, if having the baby is dangerous to the mother, there's a strong chance that both the mother and child could perish. Logic dictates that the mother should take priority.

Newbie loknkey is off to a good start loknkey's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's examine our philosophy here. What gives a living creature the "right" to live? Is it merely our humanity? If so, what is it about humans that gives us the right to live above animals? What gives an adult the right to live above a fetus?

Considering the absence of any good reasons, it seems that humans must create our own rights. We give these rights to those we value. This changes the question a bit. Its not, does a human fetus have the right to live? Rather should we give a human fetus the right to live? And who should decide? Should we give animals the right to live? Who should decide?

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loknkey View Post
    Let's examine our philosophy here. What gives a living creature the "right" to live? Is it merely our humanity? If so, what is it about humans that gives us the right to live above animals? What gives an adult the right to live above a fetus?

Considering the absence of any good reasons, it seems that humans must create our own rights. We give these rights to those we value. This changes the question a bit. Its not, does a human fetus have the right to live? Rather should we give a human fetus the right to live? And who should decide? Should we give animals the right to live? Who should decide?
    Well Humans are animals and rights are nothing more than rules which equates to Moral and Social boundries set by Humans to make us feel (apparently) safe.

People have been making rights for other people since hitting each other with clubs went out of fashion. You will always get people that want more rights for other's and ofcourse, people who think that there are too many rights for certian types of people. It's Human Nature to try and control things and imprisoning ourselfs in rules is how it's happened.
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Generally I'm against abortion, but for killing babies. Instead of sacking the kid before it gets a chance to be birthed, I think it's only fair that we allow it to enter this world, and then end it right then and there. And you bet your ass I'm being a cynical asshole right now.

The way I see it, the way we have abortion set up now, if it's first trimester, that ain't murder. They're not a person, so I say screw it, it's your potential child, make it or break it as you choose. And even if you don't want the kid but don't want to get an abortion, adopt! Or you could of course just shut your legs and not get knocked up! If it's a mistake you don't want to live with, isn't that your personal business? Who are we to judge whether or not someone doesn't want their child to be born? We've broken every other rule in the wide world of sexual deviance, why not this one?

I think religion as the excuse for this bothering you is a majorus cope-out. If you're christian, then your beliefs are yours; your beliefs also say that everyone gets to make their own choice and you, a fellow sinner regardless, have no right to judge another sinner, that's God's job. Be God's messenger if you wish, but in the end it's still the aborter's decision. I don't understand why it can't be an option, most people don't use it anyway!

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

I honestly don't care pro-life or pro-choice. Their choice and they have to live with it. I can't really have kids and plan on adopting a child someone gave up someday. But things I say on this subject. Mostly for those who are soooo PRO-CHOICE or PRO-LIFE all the way. They usually get mad at me for one or the other XD

Pro-choice: If a law is passed to make it completely legal against others protest, the men in prison (not saying they really should be) that where put on trial for a mother and unborn fetus death, should be able to go through a retrial. "That's different. A murderer is a murderer." Don't say it's different because the mother didn't decide to get rid of it because it's no different. The death or elimination of the fetus is the same. It's not fair to the man to be trialed for something women do everyday.

Pro-life: Allow me to have a child who looks like the man that raped me. To have to look at it every day and remember that man beating and violating me. "but you can put it up for adoption." Yes add to the children already homeless and (and can say this from experence) are not really always better off. And you can't tell me they are not because I know for a fact. I was adopted just for the money at first. Another example... If I get pregnant, it could end up being deadly for the child and/or me because of a birth trate I have. In the proccess of a term it's either going to be me or the fetus/unborn child. Guess you'd let me die?
    Last edited by Darkened_Star; Jul 29, 2008 at 01:28 AM.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast