+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread: Abortion: Pro-choice or Pro-life?

Newbie Xanosuke2 is off to a good start Xanosuke2's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Abortion: Pro-choice or Pro-life?

I can't really say which side I am on. A life is a life regardless how incomplete it is and when you decide to take that life away you're preventing it from ever having any part of this world. Who's to say the child that was aborted was the next savior of mankind? or the person to solve world hunger? I know those are way off examples, but we'll never know. At the same time, it's always up to the parents. I know lots of people go out and have sex at a young age now and days and do it without disregard to their actions and just out of sheer pleasure and ignorance. But lots of times that could be prevented with taking a few safe measures to prevent pregnancy from accuring. But, people are stupid and do things without thinking and act on impulses and stuff happens. So it is up to the mother and father to decide if they want to go through with that. I can understand going for abortion because what kind of child would want to live knowing that they was a mistake? The only reason they're here is because their parents was too dumb to prevent their actions and that they're the result of it? I know it happens a lot and people still have the kid and they'll never think of that, but I would. As long as the mother and father agree on it, I can't say anything about them aborting the pregnancy, it's their choice. But if I went out and got some girl pregnant and she didn't want the kid I will put up one heck of a fight making sure that kid lives and I'll take care of it regardless...I'm against it for my actions, but not for others.

Erasing my past one bad memory at a time.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm totally Pro-Choice. I have a son, so I can understand why so many people are Pro-Life, but that's their business. Just as being pro-choice is mostly that woman's decision. A man could have say, but it's ultimately that woman's choice. If you're pro-life and you think abortion's wrong, that's cool, but you're not gonna force anyone to change their opinion anytime soon. Especially with all the protesting! Stop it!! You don't like it! We know! Continue to exsist as you are, just as the Pro-Choicers are. You don't see Pro-Choice protestors outside of Catholic Churches, do you? Although, that sounds like a pretty funny idea for sketch comedy, LOL.

My point is: There's already enough negativity in the world, why would you want to protest? You're not fixing anything by spreading negative energy around. Try talking to someone if you care that much. Not scream at them and wave signs in their faces, but actually sit down and talk to that person as if you care for them as a fellow human being. Show some god-damn compassion!!! Otherwise, let the woman make her choice; just as she lets you make yours.

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loknkey View Post
    Since under normal circumstances we don't feel pain when unconscious, it seems reasonable to assume the same in the situation you described. People don't wake up from surgery complaining that their soul was in pain.

You've described what you believe, but can you tell us why? Why do believe that souls exist?

Regarding body and soul, if someone were to lose on of their limbs, would you say that they lost part of their soul? What about if they had their appendix removed? Or lost a tooth? It seems that a person can lose any body part, and yet still retain their personality, or soul as you might call it. However, while the previous examples seem obvious, losing one's brain is not so obvious. What would a soul be like without the brain? Would you still be you without all your memories, experiences, desires, and beliefs?
    Why must I justify my belief's, it sound's to me like someone is more into their own premise of the mind or the logic of science as being the only thing that people should believe in. Like I said I am not here to preach my belief's or my religion on people because that is some thing called respecting someone elses right to their own religion. To answer your question once the body dies the soul is released from the body, when the body dies!, that is pretty much the same theory behind most religions that believe in soul's. So behind your theory of removing my brain and transfering to another body, once my body dies then my soul should leave "in theory," and what should be left is just an empty vessel. In religion's that believed in soul's your memories, experiences, desires, and beliefs will leave your body with your soul, like I said the brain will be just another rottening piece of flesh. Does your body die when you lose a tooth, or a appendix? No, what I'm getting at is what if you have a out of body experience, or "ghost" and have to watch people decide for you if you should die without your consent (since you are talking about choice wouldn't this violate that idea of choice?) this is a extremely hypotherical circumstance, just like that whole body switch situation that you describe, however the pain that I spoken of is the knowlege of knowing that you can't do anything but watch your body die and have no way of stoping it imagine how that will feel. But, like I said this is a extremely hypotherical circumstance and also you have the right to your own belief's which is why like I said before, I am not here to preach, that is something that I choose to respect from other's, I am not God and it is not right for me to judge others which is why you are entitled to your belief's.

Newbie loknkey is off to a good start loknkey's Avatar
    Thanks

Why must I justify my belief's, it sound's to me like someone is more into their own premise of the mind or the logic of science as being the only thing that people should believe in. Like I said I am not here to preach my belief's or my religion on people because that is some thing called respecting someone elses right to their own religion.
    You don't have to justify anything, I was just interested in what you had to say. I apologize for sounding too confrontational. Everyone should find their own reasons and beliefs. I like that we think differently =)

You don't have to answer this, but I've got another question if you'd like to continue the discussion. You said that your memories, desires, experiences, etc.. leave your body with your soul. But what of those who have lost their personality or memories due to brain injuries or illness? If these things reside in the soul and not the brain, then why are they effected when the brain is damaged?

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loknkey View Post
    You don't have to justify anything, I was just interested in what you had to say. I apologize for sounding too confrontational. Everyone should find their own reasons and beliefs. I like that we think differently =)

You don't have to answer this, but I've got another question if you'd like to continue the discussion. You said that your memories, desires, experiences, etc.. leave your body with your soul. But what of those who have lost their personality or memories due to brain injuries or illness? If these things reside in the soul and not the brain, then why are they effected when the brain is damaged?
    I feel like this is turning into a whole new topic, but I am game, The soul is a tricky & touchy subject to talk about but like I said the soul is released after you die so who know's what that scenrio you talked about might have on the soul, I don't know because nobody has come back from the dead who was "brain-dead" and said what happen. I would like to believe that you retain everything you are once you die (brain damage or none), but like I said that is just a belief or a hope that I have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7