+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion. What are your takes on it?

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Abortion. What are your takes on it?

Like Ace, I believe if you end up having a child you have to take care of that child. Now if the women became pregnant but is unable to give bearth with out faceing dangerouse health concerns that could potentaly kill her and or the child then then abortion would be an option. Also with rape and the like because the act of sex is forced upon her witch she wanted no part of. This also a justified reason for an abortion.
    Other wise its a big fat NO. Abortion is a situational thing, not something one can chouse because the child is an inconvinance for them and don't want to take responsability for their actions.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jun 29, 2009), Vincent (Jun 29, 2009)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiDude128 View Post
    I agree with those, but I feel if they don't have the finances to support raising a child that could apply as well.
    I'm the youngest of 4 children and I lived below the poverty line until I was 12. My mom was a single parent and worked two jobs (She was a single parent because her husband was an abusive drunk and left him) until she married my stepfather when I was 6.

You don't have the Finances: Get a job. End of story. Finances is not an excuse to end a life.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jun 29, 2009), Scourge (Jun 29, 2009), Vincent (Jun 29, 2009)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I am against it and think it is a brutal practice. Furthermore I don't see how we can condemn other countries for infantacide when we legally continue a practice that is similiar in all but semantics. Of course there is a real difference between infanticide an abortion but they are very close. Another problem that I find hypocritical is that many people think gender selection (aborting fetuses because they are female) is wrong but yet in america we allow abortion within are borders disquised as something better.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beast For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jun 29, 2009)

Newbie lonercarrot is off to a good start lonercarrot's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't consider a foetus a living human being so I think it's fine.
    There are already thousands of children in orphanages, waiting to be adopted. Just letting a child be born isn't a solution to the problem, then you just have a kid with no parents or family moving from orphanage to orphanage.

Kind of unrelated but I also totally support stem cell research. In fact I think we should be mass producing foetuses for this.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I'm the youngest of 4 children and I lived below the poverty line until I was 12. My mom was a single parent and worked two jobs (She was a single parent because her husband was an abusive drunk and left him) until she married my stepfather when I was 6.

You don't have the Finances: Get a job. End of story. Finances is not an excuse to end a life.
    Kids aren't just expensive. They also need time and attention.
    At some point a person needs a break. but kids. they just don't stop. The amount of time and energy put into making ends meet means less time you get to spend with your kids actually enjoying them.
    And while it's great that you turned out great, do you know how many other people don't because their parents didn't have enough time for them.
    Rather than bring another dprobable delinquent/ menace to society, an abortion is so much simpler and so much cheaper in the long run.

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post

Hah, I'm the oldest of five coming from a welfare, but not always single-mom upbringing. No, she always had just the... best taste in men. We seriously had no money, our food was from the foodbank and out xmas presents came from the cheerboard.

Money isn't like, THE thing. Sure anyone can get a job with the right attitudes and ambitions but some people are too lazy, welfare has this way of hypnotizing one. Who wouldn't want free money for no work, just pop out a kid every five years or so.

But in any case I support abortion. Having the child/thing removed isn't so different than plastic surgery etc. Why should doctors be allowed to tamper with the body anyhow, implants are on the same level as abortion.

Don't trip.

These bodies of ours are ours. Those under the adult cap aren't really citizens of the world anyhow, and children can be remade. I'm even starting to think children should be banned, in some parts of the world, considering the "population crisis." Or science should just colonize the moon already

I'm also a huge supporter of stem cell/research so of course I would advocate a fair source of incoming materials. Rather than bringing more babies into an already turbulent world, where so much is already so wrong, why not focus on solving our current problems? We could fix our environment and decode the genome, improve quality of live globally or even prevent WWIII in the time those children are being conceived and raised.

I'd sure like to live forever but I know I can't, so when I'm old and wrinkly I want ease and comfort. Stem cells could help. Diseases could be cures, swine flu maybe could be beaten...

However, those are my takes.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Unless it's rape I really don't see it happening.
    Its a couple's fault if they get pregnant. There are such things as condoms, birth control, Plan B, etc. Unless its rape or a condom broke or something that was not preventable is the only time I feel an abortion should be allowed.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see an issue with abortion and I don't see it as murder either. If a person decides to get an abortion, that's their choice. If they decide to go ahead with the pregnancy good on them, that's their choice as well.

I think people should make their own choice based on their own situations and beliefs.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to _gwenibe_ For This Useful Post:

EmoNightmareRose (Jun 30, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast