+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion. What are your takes on it?

Newbie wiccachick5 is off to a good start wiccachick5's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Abortion. What are your takes on it?

I agree, abortion should be the mothers choice. "You can't stop anything by banning it anyway." It shouldn't be banned, but the mother should have choices. I am probably repeating others posts, but i feel strongly about abortion, i find that it is a good thing, when i was 13 i was raped, and ended up pregnant, and having a abortion saved my life.
    My love for you was strong, it hurts to carry on, without you by my side, i now have to go hide!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wiccachick5 For This Useful Post:

kiara (Jul 05, 2009), Vincent (Jul 05, 2009)

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

i'll say 50-50...there's a balance in both sides in this subject matter. for there's no such thing as an absolution. there will always be the ones that can be saved, and there that can't. this happens to all life, not just us humans.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rematche For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jul 06, 2009)

Newbie Ralor Penwat is off to a good start
    Thanks

I hate abortion, and whats funny:
    I'm a Democrat 0.o Killing unborn baby kittens is wrong right? Think the same about abortions!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralor Penwat For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jul 07, 2009)

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I have an interesting take I guess. In my personal opinion, abortion is against my morals, and I do not like the idea of it. However, I believe in freedom. The parents of the child should be free to do as they please. I am not so selfish as to make illegal, things that I personally disagree with. I firmly believe that when it comes to personal matters, people should be allowed to make their own decisions, no matter my or anyone else's opinion. It is none of our business, and it is not our place in which to speak.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mega For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jul 07, 2009)

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ralor Penwat View Post
    Killing unborn baby kittens is wrong right? Think the same about abortions!
    Neither is a choice that should fall on an individual human being in these modern times.

Specifically in regards to kittens and any other domesticated creature, those populations are maintained / governed by the the creature that domesticated them (in this case humans).
    The rationale behind killing a baby kitten is seriously lacking in my mind and more to the point unnecessary. The population of house cats has not become so out of control that we should start cat hunting or limiting the number of kittens born every year.
    Compared to humans, regardless of what I feel on the topic of abortion, the research and knowledge that can be obtained from a fetus at any stage of development is pretty damn high. Couple that with the fact that the human population has in many areas of the world completely drained an ecosystem, I'd say whatever keeps the population to a minimum I'll support. This includes abortion.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tula For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jul 07, 2009)

Newbie wiccachick5 is off to a good start wiccachick5's Avatar
    Thanks

I am going to go out on a limb and state that killing kittens is completly different from killing human babies. I mean yes they are both cute, but you dont see newspaper adds about baby kittens being killed, but i have seen papers reporting abortions... im not saying that killing kittens is humaine, but yeah, abortion does have its pluses. Think of ppl who were raped, or not being able to take care of the child.
    My love for you was strong, it hurts to carry on, without you by my side, i now have to go hide!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wiccachick5 For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jul 07, 2009)

Newbie LenfestAndrewP is off to a good start LenfestAndrewP's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I honestly think that it is terrible. People should be allowed a chance to live no matter the finacial status of the family or anything that would cause them to have an abortion. Why can't you just put the kid up for adoption instead of killing them before they are even born.
    Well, lets stop and think about this. Granted, by allowing abortion we are in fact denying someone life. On the other hand, there are two reasons for someone to seek abortion. One is because they honestly can't support the child. Two is because they honestly don't want the child. So what kind of life are we really denying this person?

Its also important to consider the parents. This effects them to so shouldn't that play a part in choice? Granted, they got themselves into the mess to begin with but they did so by doing something that every one of us either does or will do. Our bodies weren't designed with modern life in mind. That isn't really there fault.

Personally I don't think its our place to make these choices for other people. We don't have the rite to force our beliefs on others and we can't possibly speak for people who don't exist yet since they haven't had the chance to develop there own opinions. How can you speak for what someone wants if they haven't yet had the chance to want anything?

"Looking for people to chat with so feel free to add me on messenger"

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LenfestAndrewP For This Useful Post:

clover (Jul 09, 2009), Vincent (Jul 07, 2009)

Otaku Vincent has disabled reputation Vincent's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with you. But some of you have good reasons to have an abortion. Being raped is, by my standards, a reason to have an abortion. Any other examples of forced sexual relations could also be grounds for an abortion but that's about as far as it goes. If two parents wish to have a child, then the mother ends up getting pregant, but by that time, if they go under finacially, they should still go throgh with having the baby. Just because you have fincial problems isn't grounds to kill something that still has the potential to do great things. If you are having money troubles, you can also put the babny up for adoption. That is always an available option. Except some of the most desparate situations, there is always a way to give the baby the gift of life. Killing it befire it gets the chance to live isn't fair to it. Or, if you look far enough ahead, the adoptive parents of that child.

Basically, if your baby is from forced sexual relations, an abortion is justifiable. Any other reason, from my point of veiw, isn't good enough. But I only speak from my experience. You might have a different reasoning than me. And I can accept that. I might not like it but I can accept it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:

LenfestAndrewP (Jul 09, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast