+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion. What are your takes on it?

Newbie LenfestAndrewP is off to a good start LenfestAndrewP's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Abortion. What are your takes on it?

You make a good point. Putting a baby up for adoption is a good option. But what about the medical costs? The time away from work/school in the hospital? Supporting the child while doing the paperwork for a proper adoption? Unless of course you suggest the mother give birth naturally at work whenever it happens and leaves the baby on a doorstep. All this because the condom broke.

Still, you do offer a potential solution I hadn't considered. What if the government payed for the medical bills, guaranteed you wouldn't lose your job and simplified the process of putting a child up for adoption. I never thought about this. With the proper amount of thought and support this could provide a solution that makes all groups happy regardless of there opinion.

"Looking for people to chat with so feel free to add me on messenger"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LenfestAndrewP For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jul 09, 2009)

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

i just now found out about this newborn abortion, and this is way worse than when its in the first stages of becoming a new life. abortion clinics and hosptials are doing this premi newborn abortion where if an abortion or plan b has failed, they make the mother go into early labor then take the newborns and leave them in a room to die slowly after they are born, if they dont want the baby or it isnt going up for adoption.

this is the most horrible of abortions there is, and the goverment did not oppose to stop this, all congressmen voted 93% to 0 to keep this practice going. If they really wanted to take control of the way newborns are coming into the world they would not only take a greater hand into adoption and the obgyn practice, but at least and most of all stand up to starving and soffocating a newborn child.

I personally dont think the goverment really cares what happens to newborns if they get adopted or not if they dont even oppose this. which is sad considering teenage pregnacy is up from 15 yrs ago, our economy is horrible, and people who can barley take care of themselves now having to support another life as well.

I still say it should be up to the parents to keep a life or not especailly if this is going to happen to a child minutes after its born. Fiancial issues do count for me, because either way the child has to be taken care of adopted or not, and it will die if not cared for correctly and alot of that comes from money. People can barley keep their homes and feed themselves since many are losing their jobs, and cannot find another, along with people who cant find one to begin with. Id rather that the child be aborted earlier when its not an actually person yet, than come into a world that would offer it no way to live if its parents or adopters cannot care for it, than it dying in a hospital room starving to death.
    Last edited by clover; Jul 09, 2009 at 02:36 PM.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

4. The Following User Says Thank You to clover For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jul 16, 2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post
    i just now found out about this newborn abortion, and this is way worse than when its in the first stages of becoming a new life. abortion clinics and hosptials are doing this premi newborn abortion where if an abortion or plan b has failed, they make the mother go into early labor then take the newborns and leave them in a room to die slowly after they are born, if they dont want the baby or it isnt going up for adoption.

this is the most horrible of abortions there is, and the goverment did not oppose to stop this, all congressmen voted 93% to 0 to keep this practice going. If they really wanted to take control of the way newborns are coming into the world they would not only take a greater hand into adoption and the obgyn practice, but at least and most of all stand up to starving and soffocating a newborn child.

I personally dont think the goverment really cares what happens to newborns if they get adopted or not if they dont even oppose this. which is sad considering teenage pregnacy is up from 15 yrs ago, our economy is horrible, and people who can barley take care of themselves now having to support another life as well.

I still say it should be up to the parents to keep a life or not especailly if this is going to happen to a child minutes after its born. Fiancial issues do count for me, because either way the child has to be taken care of adopted or not, and it will die if not cared for correctly and alot of that comes from money. People can barley keep their homes and feed themselves since many are losing their jobs, and cannot find another, along with people who cant find one to begin with. Id rather that the child be aborted earlier when its not an actually person yet, than come into a world that would offer it no way to live if its parents or adopters cannot care for it, than it dying in a hospital room starving to death.
    That's total Bu**Sh*t. I don't care what your situation is. Once the child is born it becomes a person and has feelings and thoughts just like the rest of us. I cannot and will not support any program that would kill innocent children. Abortion is one thing but once the child is born it becomes something els. Besides, if your going to kill a newborn baby at least find a civil way to do it (if there is such a thing as a civil way to kill a baby).

I agree with you fully. Our government needs a swift kick in the A** and so does any potential parent that would wait that long then decide to do something like this when they have other options.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LenfestAndrewP For This Useful Post:

clover (Jul 11, 2009), Vincent (Jul 16, 2009)

Newbie lilaznsun307 is off to a good start lilaznsun307's Avatar
    Thanks

Umm.. I don't think I would agree with it because the baby has a right to live and enjoy life as much as we do. I think that no matter what the circumstances are, you should still give birth to it and give it the love it needs.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lilaznsun307 For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jul 16, 2009)

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post

In the past and still to this day in some fields there is debate as to what a 'person' is. And particularly in the US there is still a lot of debate about what an adult is apparently.
    The point I'm getting at is that children do not speak for themselves. Especially newborns. In addition to that, there's the huge market out there for body parts and babies for various studies.
    And while I know this type of procedure especially may hit a few nerves but you have to consider the alternatives and ramifications if it were not available.

That being said, I only support this kind of procedure because it is performed on other animals, not just humans. "Do unto others as you want them to do to you" or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by LenfestAndrewP View Post
    That's total Bu**Sh*t. I don't care what your situation is. Once the child is born it becomes a person and has feelings and thoughts just like the rest of us. I cannot and will not support any program that would kill innocent children. Abortion is one thing but once the child is born it becomes something els. Besides, if your going to kill a newborn baby at least find a civil way to do it (if there is such a thing as a civil way to kill a baby).

I agree with you fully. Our government needs a swift kick in the A** and so does any potential parent that would wait that long then decide to do something like this when they have other options.
    Newborn children ONCE they're just born have very limited cognitive functions. But if you want to believe they thave feelings and thoughts just like you do then you live in a vegatative state 90% of the time. Somehow I doubt you do.

Humans aren't civilized. We're barbarians with fancy tools to commit murder. No pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by lilaznsun307 View Post
    Umm.. I don't think I would agree with it because the baby has a right to live and enjoy life as much as we do. I think that no matter what the circumstances are, you should still give birth to it and give it the love it needs.
    In theory, the life of a baby isn't that enjoyable. And there are no mechanisms forpredicting whether or not the child will grow up to live a happy life anyway. It's all very touch and go.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tula For This Useful Post:

Banshee (Jul 22, 2009), LenfestAndrewP (Jul 21, 2009), Vincent (Jul 16, 2009)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    However there is a side to me that says you should have known better
    Thing is: we can't just say, "Oh, well you should've known better," because it's not fair to any woman who's in that situation. There are teenage girls who are totally unprepared and--in general--not capable of caring for a child at that young of an age. What if that girl was manipulated by an older man? Should she have known better? What if she was raped? Should she have known better? Even if it was just a 'slip-up', people make mistakes and we don't know any better when we make mistakes, but we do when we learn from said mistakes. Don't we? That's what life is about! ^_^

Besides. If everyone 'knew better', then our population would be considerably lower than it is now, don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    Newborn children ONCE they're just born have very limited cognitive functions. But if you want to believe they thave feelings and thoughts just like you do then you live in a vegatative state 90% of the time. Somehow I doubt you do...

...In theory, the life of a baby isn't that enjoyable. And there are no mechanisms forpredicting whether or not the child will grow up to live a happy life anyway. It's all very touch and go.
    Don't forget motor skills. Those are pretty limited too. As far as feelings are concerned, I don't disbelieve that babies have feelings, they're just very limited. They don't know or understand depression, anxiety, nobody understands love, and babies surely don't know sadness. It's happiness all day long as long as they're dry and fed.

I agree that there's no way of predicting whether or not the child will gro to be a happy adult or an adult at all. If abortion doesn't get the kid, there's a chance SIDS might. Other things leading to baby-death include: Sh*tty parenting, natural causes (illness), nature itself (like disasters and such), having some weird deformity in a vital organ, death of a conjoined twin, and vehicular accidents. Abortions are merely a grain of sand in the desert of things that may kill a baby; so there's no need for our society to make people feel bad about wanting to make a choice with their own bodies.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jul 22, 2009)

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Another aspect is that I think that someone who is going to be a mother and knows her situation may have better judgement then male politicians. Just saying.
    If a woman didn't even have the choice in the begining and knows she can't take of it, abortion may be an answer.
    And people bring up adoption, but I mean, c'mon. There are enough kids out there who can't get adopted anyway. And people want to bring more?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to EmoNightmareRose For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jul 22, 2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    Newborn children ONCE they're just born have very limited cognitive functions. But if you want to believe they thave feelings and thoughts just like you do then you live in a vegatative state 90% of the time. Somehow I doubt you do.

Humans aren't civilized. We're barbarians with fancy tools to commit murder. No pun intended.
    I agree we are barbarians. Well sort of. Most barbarians will at least admit that's what they are. Most humans are in a state of never ending denial. That's probably the smartest thing I've herd anyone say in a long time. Nice to see someone els recognizes that fact.

As for full grown adults not being in a vegetative state. Have you seen the world lately? Watched TV? Take a look around. Go for a drive. Are you so sure most people aren't in a vegetative state? Its getting to the point now were people never bother learning how to think for themselves. Even in this debate. Most people that speak out either for or against abortion do so because that's how they were raised. This includes you and me. How many things that you feel are rude or impolite can you actually explain?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LenfestAndrewP For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jul 22, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast