+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion. What are your takes on it?

Otaku chrystalann2004 is off to a good start chrystalann2004's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Abortion. What are your takes on it?

that a teachey area . there could be many reason. and they not alway be explained.
    some may not have a choocie
    and some do.

but for me i choose no unless it medical or jeptperdise your any way
    abortion is the very last option.

me i am single mom of 2 and i know thing can hard and that is never easy to make choose like that for any who is or may become pegant.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chrystalann2004 For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jul 22, 2009)

Banned Original White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I am pro choice all the way, EXCEPT as a form of birth control.

That is intolerable. You made the decision to have sex, you better be ready as hell to accept the responsibility of your actions.

The only reasons that are okay to have an abortion in my book are:
    1. If it saves the woman's life.
    2. If she was raped.

^ But the baby has nothing to do with that! - It's torture enough to live with the memory of the assault, but to have his spawn growing inside you for nine months.. I'm fine if a female does not want to go through with that, she already went through enough.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Original White Wolf For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jul 27, 2009)

Newbie LadyJuliaHale is off to a good start LadyJuliaHale's Avatar
    Don't tell me to smile, because I don't know how.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Only a valid option under any of these circumstances for me:
    1. When having the baby is dangerous for the mother and could kill her (She can always have more children)
    2. Rape
    3. Incest

Anything other then that they should buck up and take responsibility for the life they're bringing into this world.
    I definitely agree with this statement, it makes the most sense. I do think that if the mother doesn't want the child, though, if it doesn't have to do with rape, incest, or if it could kill her, she should put it up for adoption instead of aborting it, especially if there isn't a reason for her to do so. There are people around the world that welcome newborn babies and they are usually at the age where mothers who want children and can't have children, will adopt children that have just been born.
    I'm standing in the dark calling your name, But when you don't answer,
    I realized everyday it's the same.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LadyJuliaHale For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jul 27, 2009)

Newbie Hayato is off to a good start Hayato's Avatar
    Thanks

Abortion is murder plain and simple...if anything, you can put your child up for adoption if you can't handle having one...
    abortion is never the answer IMO...
    the wind that fiercly whirls about

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hayato View Post
    Abortion is murder plain and simple...if anything, you can put your child up for adoption if you can't handle having one...
    What if it kills the mother? What happened to empathy? You can say that now, but I think you may possibly different if you were in a person's shoes.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I agree that there's no way of predicting whether or not the child will gro to be a happy adult or an adult at all. If abortion doesn't get the kid, there's a chance SIDS might. Other things leading to baby-death include: Sh*tty parenting, natural causes (illness), nature itself (like disasters and such), having some weird deformity in a vital organ, death of a conjoined twin, and vehicular accidents. Abortions are merely a grain of sand in the desert of things that may kill a baby; so there's no need for our society to make people feel bad about wanting to make a choice with their own bodies.
    The problem with that statment is this though Sprout and one you will agree with and that is the fact that the vast magority of the issues that may accure for the child is all up to chance and practicly no parent in their right mind would ever want to have happen to their children. Abortion on the other hand is a choice, a premeditated thought and action by said parent and not a act caused by some radome disease of some kind. Thats why society makes a big issue of it.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenfestAndrewP View Post
    I agree we are barbarians. Well sort of. Most barbarians will at least admit that's what they are. Most humans are in a state of never ending denial. That's probably the smartest thing I've herd anyone say in a long time. Nice to see someone els recognizes that fact.
    I feel loved
    Quote Originally Posted by LenfestAndrewP View Post
    As for full grown adults not being in a vegetative state. Have you seen the world lately? Watched TV? Take a look around. Go for a drive. Are you so sure most people aren't in a vegetative state? Its getting to the point now were people never bother learning how to think for themselves. Even in this debate. Most people that speak out either for or against abortion do so because that's how they were raised. This includes you and me. How many things that you feel are rude or impolite can you actually explain?
    Err. . . it was cheaper for my mom to leave me on someone else's doorstep than to pay for an abortion. My feelings on the issue have nothing to do with how I was raised. (At least not entirely and certainly as much as it is for you.)

Quote Originally Posted by chrystalann2004 View Post
    that a teachey area . there could be many reason. and they not alway be explained.
    some may not have a choocie
    and some do.

but for me i choose no unless it medical or jeptperdise your any way
    abortion is the very last option.

me i am single mom of 2 and i know thing can hard and that is never easy to make choose like that for any who is or may become pegant.
    Your opinion is biased because you've given birth to children. (It has been proven and does occur in nature that children in the womb exchange more than just waste and nutrients through the placenta. The exception being those women that experience post partum depression as a result of a certain amount or no amount of genetic info being exchanged.)
    However, I do like your way of thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Original White Wolf View Post
    I am pro choice all the way, EXCEPT as a form of birth control.

That is intolerable. You made the decision to have sex, you better be ready as hell to accept the responsibility of your actions.

The only reasons that are okay to have an abortion in my book are:
    1. If it saves the woman's life.
    2. If she was raped.
    So. . . you're pro-life unless there are extreme cirumstances surrounding the pregnancy.
    And just so we're clear. . . you're saying you want people to give birth to children regardless of whether or not they are capable of taking care of that child.
    Damn republicans. Just don't complain when taxes go up to pay for welfare, WIC, etc, for children born to people that either don't have the means or are not responsible enough to take care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Original White Wolf View Post
    ^ But the baby has nothing to do with that! - It's torture enough to live with the memory of the assault, but to have his spawn growing inside you for nine months.. I'm fine if a female does not want to go through with that, she already went through enough.
    When a pregnancy test is administered, the test is looking for ANY amount of HCG, an antigen produced by baby in the womb. Pregnant women build up antibodies against HCG.
    Babies are parasites. I think it's torture for any woman (raped or not) to care for something that basically leeches off of them until they die.
    The only people that should be making and keeping babies are those people that want to have children, or are on a really high horse and feel obliged to keep the child.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJuliaHale View Post
    I definitely agree with this statement, it makes the most sense. I do think that if the mother doesn't want the child, though, if it doesn't have to do with rape, incest, or if it could kill her, she should put it up for adoption instead of aborting it, especially if there isn't a reason for her to do so. There are people around the world that welcome newborn babies and they are usually at the age where mothers who want children and can't have children, will adopt children that have just been born.
    1. China doesn't welcome newborn babies. In fact most international adoptions are the result of so many chinese citizens giving up their children.
    2. I should mention that there are a number of sick people that adopt children.
    3. True story (that I think I've told before): a man went through a whole LOT of trouble to acquire a baby. And he killed it. Just abort the thing, donate its body to science and it let be done with.

So . . . . . . . unless you know for a fact that at least 97% of children adopted are going to be cared for it's not highly suggested. Otherwise you're increasing the number of individuals circulating throughout the planet (and possibly eventually procreating) that will aid in bringing down the good ol' homo sapien namesake.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayato View Post
    See above response.
    And also, abortion of a fetus is not considered murder everywhere. In order to consider it murder you must first define life and hope some judge will agree with you (which shouldn't be too hard).

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    What if it kills the mother? What happened to empathy? You can say that now, but I think you may possibly different if you were in a person's shoes.
    Thank you for arguing in my place.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    The problem with that statment is this though Sprout and one you will agree with and that is the fact that the vast magority of the issues that may accure for the child is all up to chance and practicly no parent in their right mind would ever want to have happen to their children. Abortion on the other hand is a choice, a premeditated thought and action by said parent and not a act caused by some radome disease of some kind. Thats why society makes a big issue of it.
    I thought society made a big deal out of abortion because of the whole republican vs democrat thing. Or conflicting ideals in general.
    And a vast majority of of problems that can afflict a child are not up to chance. You'd have to consult a genetic counselor to determine the chances of your child inheriting any one disease or other. It varies from individual.

Abortion is a choice. But it is not always a bad one as you want to make it out to seem.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tula For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Aug 07, 2009)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    I thought society made a big deal out of abortion because of the whole republican vs democrat thing. Or conflicting ideals in general.
    And a vast majority of of problems that can afflict a child are not up to chance. You'd have to consult a genetic counselor to determine the chances of your child inheriting any one disease or other. It varies from individual.

Abortion is a choice. But it is not always a bad one as you want to make it out to seem.
    Nice sarcastic and sinical remark, but know that there are many dems even against it as well.
    Also, just because you get genetic tests done on the child to see which disease and illneses and what not that the child will be more susepted to, the problem is that its still just up to chance. A child can be very capable of contracting said disease very easily and would be very detrimental to their health, but that is still no garanty they will get it, like wise a child getting another kind of disease or what ever would be highly unlikely but still contract said disease. You can narrow things down but in the end its still randome.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Aug 07, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast