+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion. What are your takes on it?

Banned narutard bugboy is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Abortion. What are your takes on it?

its horrible and people who do it are stupid .

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Nice sarcastic and sinical remark, but know that there are many dems even against it as well.
    Also, just because you get genetic tests done on the child to see which disease and illneses and what not that the child will be more susepted to, the problem is that its still just up to chance. A child can be very capable of contracting said disease very easily and would be very detrimental to their health, but that is still no garanty they will get it, like wise a child getting another kind of disease or what ever would be highly unlikely but still contract said disease. You can narrow things down but in the end its still randome.
    If a man with sickle cell anemia gets a woman with sickle cell anemia pregnant, that child will have sickle cell anemia no matter what. There is not 95% chance that the child will have sickle cell anemia like their parents, there is a 100% chance that child will have sickle cell anemia. It is guaranteed.
    If a woman with chlamydia is pregnant she puts herself at risk for premature delivery (and all the complications associated with it), low birth weight (and all the complications associated with it), risk of contraction of chlamydia (and in a newborn that's not really good), blindness, and pneumonia.
    Pick whichever symptom you want as the most life threatening. Just know that there's a 20 - 50% chance that one or more of those symptoms can occur. I think that int he US of a sample size of about 5,000, the standard deviation is in the hundreds.

And sure some ailments are environmental and can't be planned for or prevented. I'm not gonna argue that. But my point is since it is not 100% guaranteed that you will give birth to a healthy child for whatever, you should not make decisions for pregnant women regarding whether or not to keep or abort a child if they get an informed opinion/fact (from a doctor) saying with some degree of certainty their child will be born with some defect or ailment.

And there are many reasons why people want healthy children, one of which is probably the cost of raising a healthy child. Kids cost money.
    Why should people that do not have the means to financially raise a child bring one into this world so other people are forced to raise it.

That whole "abortion should not be used as a method of birth control' thing is really inaccurate.
    Birth control implies taking measures to prevent pregnancy. If you're contemplating abortion apparently your birth control already failed.
    "Yeah well you shouldn't have had sex." "You should have been prepared to deal with the consequences."
    Bullshit.
    People have sex. Smart people have sex. Stupid people have sex. Old people have sex. Middle aged people have sex. Young people have sex.
    Just because you engage in sexual activities does not mean you want to have kids. Abortion is not a means of regulating the chances of getting pregnant, it is a method of dealing with the consequence of an unexpected pregnancy if you find that after a sexual encounter you are pregnant.

"Abortion is murder and people that do it are stupid." "I think abortion is only ok if the woman is raped"
    Lovely.
    You cannot say abortion is murder (a crime) and then justify the action if someone is wronged. Next thing you know every legal court will look a lot like Texas.
    Furthermore, you cannot grant access to abortion to some people and deny it to others. If all it took to get an abortion was to claim you were raped, there'd be a whole lot more rapists. Looking at it from another angle, if a woman was not raped and lies about it, can you imagine what she'd feel like if the only way she could get an abortion was to subject herself to being examined for tell tale signs of sexual assault?

A fetus is a living thing
    I agree for the most part. I believe that 1 living egg + 1 living sperm =/= a dead thing. But look at Terri Schiavo. Regardless of what I believe technology has come far enough these past 4 decades that we (humans) have become pretty damn stupid if we no longer know what it means to be dead/alive.
    "I think therefore I am" spoketh Descarte. Where does that leave an unborn child? One day along into the pregnancy there is a baby capable of thought? No. Is it alive? no, not really. Maybe during the 2nd trimester you can think/imagine an unborn child is a living thing, and I know technology is sophisticated enough that if we wanted to we probably could determine whether or not unborn children are capable of thought but chances are they aren't.

And finally good old US Constitution, those Unalienable rights, and one of the few times I will put my foot down on abortion.
    The physical body is tangible. You me, and every poor sap reading this has one. It belongs to us. You have your body, I have mine. It is what we are born with. Sure it changes over time, grows, needs to be cleaned every once in awhile (hopefully everyday) and it is something no one can take away from you. If you ever find yourself pregnant, you should be able to do whatever the heck you want to your body tog et rid of it if you so choose. Because no matter how you want to interpret the constitution and the First Amendment, the only property you are born with is your body.
    However, I specifically believe the things you are born with are inherently yours and no one elses. (Everything inside of you at birth is yours.)
    Since you are not born pregnant and ignoring the existence of the Virgin Mary, babies are the product of two people. I do not support a woman getting an abortion if the biological father wants to keep the baby. I think possession is 9/10 the law but at least 25% of an unborn child is a man's. (I say at least 25% because mom donates half the baby's genes and the organelles. Daddy only gives half the genes) So. . . . work out your differences. If daddy wants to keep the baby abortion should deifnitely be avoided at all costs in my opinion because an exact replica of an unborn child is not something you can replace. It is one of a kind.

(I am so sweaty after typing all of that I feel . . . like I need to clean my property in a few minutes)

Quote Originally Posted by narutard bugboy View Post
    its horrible and people who do it are stupid .
    Stupid people calling other people stupid. . . . nice

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tula For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Aug 07, 2009)

Newbie Lelouch vi Britannia is off to a good start Lelouch vi Britannia's Avatar
    Thanks

Abortion is a very complex and emotional thing to go through. It leads people to make the wrong choices and even causes people to abuse it. People abuse the system by having sex, getting pregnant and not even caring because they can just get an abortion. Abortion is a very cruel and evil thing to have done but when some people get in tight situations they need some way to solve the problems. I'm not saying that Abortion is ok in every case but sometimes people make mistakes. MY opinion on Abortion is that every one should be able to make their own choices. They should have the right to go ahead and have an Abortion or to go ahead and keep the life that they created. If a young woman gets raped they should have the right to get an Abortion. The woman should not have to go through life knowing that a rapist is her Child's father. What if a teen gets pregnant and does not want her family to know. She may want to have an Abortion. If Abortions are illegal the teen will most likely try to force a miscarriage. In some cases the teen dies and the parents are without their loved one. These problems can be fixed with a simple Abortion. Even though its killing the baby it can still make some things a whole lot better.
    And i think Abortion is the ending of pregnancy before birth and is morally wrong. An abortion results in the death of an embryo or a fetus. Abortion destroys the lives of helpless, innocent children and it is illegal in many countries. By aborting these unborn infants, humans are hurting themselves; they are not allowing themselves to meet these new identities and unique personalities.Abortion is very simply wrong. Everyone is raised knowing the difference between right and wrong. Murder is wrong, so why is not abortion? People argue that it is not murder if the child is unborn. In my opinion, abortion is murder and it is taking of a life, because the fetus being destroyed is living. so there's right and wrong in abortion but. its whatever the persons decide.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lelouch vi Britannia For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Aug 07, 2009)

Newbie toast is off to a good start toast's Avatar
    Thanks

For me at least, its what the girl wants to do. Its her body and its her life. She can choose.
    That's me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to toast For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Aug 07, 2009)

Otaku missundrstood is off to a good start missundrstood's Avatar
    Thanks

its murdering an innocent child. thats just wrong i cant believe people do it

you never know what is inside you...till its to late...

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Abortion is wrong anyway you put it, blame the sluts and whores that go out and have random sex with multiple partners and don't use protection and then get knocked up. It is a sad thing to kill a living thing inside you, even if it doesn't know what's happening to it. The people that actually pay for that should be ashamed of themselves.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia View Post
    Abortion is a very complex and emotional thing to go through. It leads people to make the wrong choices and even causes people to abuse it. People abuse the system by having sex, getting pregnant and not even caring because they can just get an abortion. Abortion is a very cruel and evil thing to have done but when some people get in tight situations they need some way to solve the problems. I'm not saying that Abortion is ok in every case but sometimes people make mistakes. MY opinion on Abortion is that every one should be able to make their own choices. They should have the right to go ahead and have an Abortion or to go ahead and keep the life that they created. If a young woman gets raped they should have the right to get an Abortion. The woman should not have to go through life knowing that a rapist is her Child's father. What if a teen gets pregnant and does not want her family to know. She may want to have an Abortion. If Abortions are illegal the teen will most likely try to force a miscarriage. In some cases the teen dies and the parents are without their loved one. These problems can be fixed with a simple Abortion. Even though its killing the baby it can still make some things a whole lot better.
    And i think Abortion is the ending of pregnancy before birth and is morally wrong. An abortion results in the death of an embryo or a fetus. Abortion destroys the lives of helpless, innocent children and it is illegal in many countries. By aborting these unborn infants, humans are hurting themselves; they are not allowing themselves to meet these new identities and unique personalities.Abortion is very simply wrong. Everyone is raised knowing the difference between right and wrong. Murder is wrong, so why is not abortion? People argue that it is not murder if the child is unborn. In my opinion, abortion is murder and it is taking of a life, because the fetus being destroyed is living. so there's right and wrong in abortion but. its whatever the persons decide.
    Ultimately, I like you. You don't agree with the technology but recognize that it has its uses.

Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    For me at least, its what the girl wants to do. Its her body and its her life. She can choose.
    That's me.
    Smart man.

Quote Originally Posted by missundrstood View Post
    its murdering an innocent child. thats just wrong i cant believe people do it

I can't believe this thread is still going. . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    Abortion is wrong anyway you put it, blame the sluts and whores that go out and have random sex with multiple partners and don't use protection and then get knocked up. It is a sad thing to kill a living thing inside you, even if it doesn't know what's happening to it. The people that actually pay for that should be ashamed of themselves.
    Wow. You do know that not every slut, whore or prostitute has an abortion?
    And the use of protection does not 100% guarantee that you won't get pregnant?
    Not every pregnancy is the result of people having random sex with multiple partners. . . .

"I think therefore I am," spoketh Descarte.
    If it's alive inside of you but doesn't know that it's alive is it really murder to terminate its existence?

Newbie AnimeMindfreakCross is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think abortion is wrong because it is unfair to end a human
    If you get an abortion it is the same as playing God
    Insanity Makes you Stronger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast