Closed Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: After Life

Otaku ~momoko~ may be famous one day ~momoko~ may be famous one day ~momoko~'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: After Life

I want to believe that there is a heaven or hell...but I dunno it seems to me that the so called heaven and hell are just... well...something for you to look forward to beyond the grave (that there is something there beyond the afterlife) that all your goody-two-shoes ways won't be unlooked and won't be a total waste. I suppose it's just something to fill ones hopes up so as to follow the current norms (that is for you to do good while still living. )

I'm not saying that it's all false hope, heck, I'm christian...I'm just not wholly buying that stuff..

Newbie MagnaCartana may be famous one day MagnaCartana may be famous one day MagnaCartana's Avatar
    Thanks

I just think of it as equavalant ('scuse the spelling) trade. Do good and good wil come of it. Doesn't bother me anyhow, I love being a goody-goody, I don't need to be evil (I can be evil in games, hehehe).

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

The Chinese (some) believes in the next life...(becomes another person after he/she died)

well i do believe after life because i am a muslim... and Islam teaches us that after we die we have to wait in the grave (certain things will happen in the grave to know more pm me ) until the judgement day comes and some will be sent to heaven and some hell ect ect...

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

As a theoretical argument...

I just can't seem to reconcile myself with the idea of hell because it is fundamentally at odds with so many other, more merciful religious concepts, not to mention observable truths, such as murderers often killing because of psychological abuse when they were children, mental illnesses of other kinds, and genetic predeterminism. If our destinies our chosen beforehand and freewill doesn't exist (or is just insignificant in the long run) then it doesn't seem very fair that some of us will end up in Hell in the end. If God made us just to be actors playing out roles on a stage, then there should be no discrimination when all is said and done. Everyone deserves to attend the aftershow party if they were just playing roles picked out for their souls.

Indeed; hell seems to make sense if you don't think about it too much - if you just believe in it - but logically, even the flawed human mind seems to be able deduce problems in the hell theory.

If God is indeed perfectly just, then I can understand the necessity for evil's existence in the physical universe we perceive around us. It tests our souls and makes us stronger, should we triumph, in the end (as God plans I think), but when we say the evil who tested us must go to hell, it raises the question of God's plan: Wasn't that person made (through genetics or a bad childhood) evil just to test us? It seems to me more than likely that a minority of people are made 'evil' just to test and make the majority stronger. As such, that means that they are just fulfilling a role and that an equal share of the profits goes to them when all is said and done.

... the only real (theoretically) truly evil person would be someone who is consciously aware of what good is, and decides to do evil action (and thus make themselves evil) just for their own personal benefit. This person, perhaps, would go to hell.

Still - even that concept of evil and hell has logical holes in it.
    Last edited by ScionofDestiny; Aug 03, 2006 at 08:33 AM.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I just can't seem to reconcile myself with the idea of hell because it is fundamentally at odds with so many other, more merciful religious concepts, not to mention observable truths, such as murderers often killing because of psychological abuse when they were children, mental illnesses of other kinds, and genetic predeterminism. If our destinies our chosen beforehand and freewill doesn't exist (or is just insignificant in the long run) then it doesn't seem very fair that some of us will end up in Hell in the end.

I dont agree with that. I think god would know the mitigating circumstances, and this person would not go to hell.

... the only real (theoretically) truly evil person would be someone who is consciously aware of what good is, and decides to do evil action (and thus make themselves evil) just for their own personal benefit. This person, perhaps, would go to hell.
    See, i think these are the ppl that go to hell, not the murderers killing because of psychological abuse when they were children, mental illnesses of other kinds, and genetic predeterminism people.

On judgment day i think these ppl would be forgivin.

Newbie Rika Harada may be famous one day Rika Harada may be famous one day Rika Harada's Avatar
    Thanks

~momoko~ : I want to believe that there is a heaven or hell...but I dunno it seems to me that the so called heaven and hell are just... well...something for you to look forward to beyond the grave (that there is something there beyond the afterlife) that all your goody-two-shoes ways won't be unlooked and won't be a total waste. I suppose it's just something to fill ones hopes up so as to follow the current norms (that is for you to do good while still living. )

I'm not saying that it's all false hope, heck, I'm christian...I'm just not wholly buying that stuff..

__________________________________________________ __________________

I couldn't have put it in better words myself.
    I wonder about the same kind of things. I'm a christian too, but it's hard to believe sometimes.

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

~momoko~ : I want to believe that there is a heaven or hell...but I dunno it seems to me that the so called heaven and hell are just... well...something for you to look forward to beyond the grave (that there is something there beyond the afterlife) that all your goody-two-shoes ways won't be unlooked and won't be a total waste. I suppose it's just something to fill ones hopes up so as to follow the current norms (that is for you to do good while still living. )

__________________________________________________ __________________

I couldn't have put it in better words myself.
    I wonder about the same kind of things. I'm a christian too, but it's hard to believe sometimes.
    It depends on your interpretation of your religion (whatever it is). There is the extreme kind of Creationism where you hold your religious text to be a literal history-explanation for everything at the expense of other methods of deducing the truth.

There are other forms of Creationism, such as trying to blend your religious scripture with reason or logic.

The method I most agree with is Mythical interpretation - in which, your religion is a collection of fictional stories loosely based on certain historical events which are meant to teach you a valuable lesson. In most forms of Mythical intepretation, it is God himself who gives these stories to his prophets - but the events they write down are just allegorically true, not literally as well. Interpreting religion this way seems to me, good, as it allows you to learn the same truths and yet not be restricted from other methods of learning truths; such as through philosophy or science.

I also like it because in the most liberal form of mythical interpretation, all religions can be equal.

I dont agree with that. I think god would know the mitigating circumstances, and this person would not go to hell.
    So then, it isn't the concept of hell that I consider unfair, but rather the harsh way some people, as individuals, view hell. Even so, the idea of hell is not one I embrace, for a variety of reasons. If "anything", I'd say sinners are reincarnated and have to have a do-over, but I'm pretty sure that goes against most modern forms of Christian theology.

Newbie nate_grey_x may be famous one day nate_grey_x may be famous one day nate_grey_x's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe in an afterlife, I.E. Heaven and Hell. I do not believe there is any in between. I don't really have a concept of Heaven except that it's good. Hell on the other hand I believe is eternal torture. Think of the worst possible thing that can happen to you personally, For instance having to watch you loved ones raped, killed, and tortured over and over and over forever with no escape or relief. I don't believe that Hell will be your body burning in fire like the popular belief suggests. I think it will be your personal worst nightmare over and over for all eternity.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast